love1987

How to get a police clearance from Taiwan if im currently in the Philippines?

10 posts in this topic

I worked in Taiwan from 2009 to 2012 so obviously I will need a police certificate from the said country since I resided for over 6months..

I found a website of Manila Economic and Cultural Office which is located in Ortigas,that they will accept and process applications for Taiwan police clearance thru their office.but since I am in Cebu,going to Manila to file will be my last resort..

I am looking for other means of getting a police clearance maybe by post mail and send it directly to Taipei Police Office foreign division..

Is there anybody here from the Philippines that had the same experience and had done it my mail.and not thru MECO office?

If yes,,how did you guys do it?

thanks in advance for reading this

**** Moving from K1 to Philippines forum as country specific *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

I worked in Taiwan from 2009 to 2012 so obviously I will need a police certificate from the said country since I resided for over 6months..

I found a website of Manila Economic and Cultural Office which is located in Ortigas,that they will accept and process applications for Taiwan police clearance thru their office.but since I am in Cebu,going to Manila to file will be my last resort..

I am looking for other means of getting a police clearance maybe by post mail and send it directly to Taipei Police Office foreign division..

Is there anybody here from the Philippines that had the same experience and had done it my mail.and not thru MECO office?

If yes,,how did you guys do it?

thanks in advance for reading this

Police Records

Taiwan issues police certificates, although the information is not always comprehensive. Also, legislation is pending in Taiwan that will cause criminal convictions resulting in a penalty of a fine, probation, a suspended sentence, or a sentence of less than two years be deleted from a person's criminal record. Crimes committed by juveniles are not part of the criminal record. Therefore, under the new legislation, a police clearance certificate will not show these convictions. Crimes relevant to visa issuance may be included in those that may not be shown on a person's police clearance certificate. Conversely, convictions, once part of a person's record, remains in the person's record indefinitely. The information reported by the police on police clearance certificates is reliable, but applicants have been able to exclude relevant convictions by specifying specific dates for which the check is to be performed. Information recorded in police clearance certificates comes from a national database of criminal convictions that is updated weekly. If posts suspect that a Taiwan visa applicant is concealing a criminal conviction despite presentation of a clean police clearance certificate, posts should send a completed DS-156 with a photocopy of the bio page of the applicant's passport to the Fraud Prevention Unit at AIT..

Taiwan does not use a standard system for romanizing names, resulting in a wide range of name spellings. However, every Taiwan citizen is assigned a unique national identification number that never changes. Whenever possible, queries should include a person's national identification number. Applicants with Taiwan passports should apply for a police certificate from the police headquarters having jurisdiction over the county or city in which the applicant's household is registered, as recorded in the Household Registration certificate. A third party can assist in this application. Previous residents of Taiwan not holding a Taiwan passport may apply for a police certificate by writing to:.

Foreign Affairs Division

Taipei Municipal Police Department

No. 96, Yen Ping South Road

Taipei, Taiwan.

Applicants should enclose a completed application form (available from Taipei Economic and Cultural Representative Offices (TECRO) or Republic of China Embassies). There is a processing fee of US$11.00). No police certificate is available for previous residents of Taiwan who were dependents of U.S. military personnel and covered by the Status of Forces Agreement or persons living in Taiwan prior to August 1945.".

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/TW.html

You can apply through the Taipei City Police Department. You may apply online, in person, or by mail or fax. Please consult the Taipei City Police Department website for downloadable application forms and detailed instructions, including required documentation and applicable fees.

Application Item: Police Criminal Record Certificate

Applicants, excluding overseas applications, can submit the Police Criminal Record Certificate (PCRC) application via the Web. To apply online, please click “Police Criminal Record Certificate”, and you will be redirected to the online application page.

After applying online, a number will be issued and a pick-up deadline will be available online the next business day. Certificates can be picked up with the number issued. Please bring the required identification when picking up your PCRC on the assigned day. If applicants DO NOT pick up certificates by deadline, they will be required to apply again.

*Required items at the time and place of pickup:

1. Proof of identity:

(1) R.O.C. citizens: An original R.O.C. ID or passport. (A R.O.C. issued passport is required to obtain a PCRC in both Chinese and English.).

(2) Citizens of China, Hong Kong, or Macau: An original Permanent Resident Certificate.

(3) Foreign nationals residing in Taiwan: An original passport. (An Alien Resident Certificate is also required for ARC holders.)

2. Fee: NT$100 per certificate.

Note: If you assign an individual to apply on your behalf, you must submit a valid power of attorney with your signature or stamp included on the application form. Authorized individuals must present proof of identity when picking up a certificate.

Contact information & Operation hours:

Location: Foreign Affairs Division, Taipei City Police Department

Address: No.96, Yanping S. Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 10042, Taiwan (R.O.C.)

(Ximen MRT Station, Exit 5)

Regular office hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm (Monday to Friday except Wednesday)

Extended evening office hours: 8:30 am - 8:00 pm (Wednesday)

Tel: 886-2- 2381-7494

886-2- 2375-2105

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 12/1/2017 at 9:53 AM, Nilie said:

@love1987

hi Im having the same problem with the Taiwan police clearance . Were you able to get it from TECO in Manila. I'm afraid I have to do the same thing too.

Here in lies the problem with responding to a thread that is more than 2 years old.  For one the information maybe old and the other is the person to whom you are asking the question to has not been seen since around the posting date. In the case of love1987 they haven't been on VJ since July 6, 2016.  The information for PC is located here http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html.  Scroll down and enter in the country you want the information for as it will be the most current and up to date requirments. 

P.S. If you want to know when a person last logged onto VJ then tap their picture and it will take you to their profile page and near the top you will see the join date and last logged in date.

Edited by Greenbaum

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 minute ago, Glocil said:

Hi guys I have a question, hope you can help me,  I lost my ARC what do I need to bring if I'm going to get a police clearance in Taiwan embassy? 

Just go to Taiwan embassy and request for a police clearance. Better tingnan nyo po muna sa website nila kng ano ano ang mga requirements bago kayo pumunta ng embassy kng nasa probinsya p kyo.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.