Keyla11

K-1 visa after F1 denial, looking for good law advices

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

hello! I am Italian too and maybe it is not helpful but I kinda had the same story...I used to use my ESTA to travel in and out the states to see my boyfriend, until they stopped me and telling me I was abusing of it. Literally, they flew me back to Italy without a chance to see him. I have to be honest I was scared as hell, but after a month we decided to try with the fuance visa, since getting married was part of our plan at some point. I was really scared about the interview and the fact that they denied my ESTA..well they didn't mentioned the topic until the final interview in Naples ( so the visa was been approved already) when they asked me why my ESTA was been the denied and I just told them the truth..I was visiting my boyfriend but apparentely it was getting "suspicious", and that's why we decide to do thing in the best way! we started our process on late January, and Im here in the States since May:) so don't worry! just keep saying the truth, and u will see nothing will happens:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.fongandchun.com

He has a very good feedback.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I applied twice last year for a student visa and I had just recently got back from a 2yrbstay in the states. The interviewer was concerned if I would work during my studies (I was gonna live with previous host family) I was denied to lack of ties to my home country. Me and my bf then decided to apply and start the k1 just about a month after my last student denial and we recently were approved our k1 visa.

I was however asked about my denials and I told them straight up that I just got back and didn't have enough ties to home country, that's it. Didn't mention anything about anything else. Then I was asked WHY I didn't tell the interviewer about my boyfriend, I simply said that was not a question during that interview. And that was it :)

Really don't think you should worry BUT be honest when they ask. A lawyer will not do your job at the interview, so I would suggest not to hire anyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I applied twice last year for a student visa and I had just recently got back from a 2yrbstay in the states. The interviewer was concerned if I would work during my studies (I was gonna live with previous host family) I was denied to lack of ties to my home country. Me and my bf then decided to apply and start the k1 just about a month after my last student denial and we recently were approved our k1 visa.

I was however asked about my denials and I told them straight up that I just got back and didn't have enough ties to home country, that's it. Didn't mention anything about anything else. Then I was asked WHY I didn't tell the interviewer about my boyfriend, I simply said that was not a question during that interview. And that was it :)

Really don't think you should worry BUT be honest when they ask. A lawyer will not do your job at the interview, so I would suggest not to hire anyone.

Thanks for this!

Glad you made it :) Congrats!!

My issue is going to be that during the interview I was asked who was "Austin" (they knew his name because when I went to visit him 4 months before i told them I was visiting my boyfriend at the airport immigration) and I was scared and I said he was a friend, then I was asked if he is "just a friend" and I said "yes".

So yeah...that's the mess I made, and I don't know how to deal with it, and how it's going to affect the visa approval :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks for this!

Glad you made it :) Congrats!!

My issue is going to be that during the interview I was asked who was "Austin" (they knew his name because when I went to visit him 4 months before i told them I was visiting my boyfriend at the airport immigration) and I was scared and I said he was a friend, then I was asked if he is "just a friend" and I said "yes".

So yeah...that's the mess I made, and I don't know how to deal with it, and how it's going to affect the visa approval :(

Yeah i understand how worried you are, I was sooo freaking nervous too. I really thought they would deny me cause they thought I lied during my student visa interviews but turned out they wasn't really even interested about those interviews. I could almost ensure you that you will be fine with this k1. In fact, they might not even ask you about it :) at my interview they only had questions about me and my fiancé and the wedding part and ONE question about previous visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.