Deagle

Help, Got injured at work and they wont help me.

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

They will hussy-foot & not give it to you, they will pay some medical due to the fact they

took you in for treatment, without an atty you will receive nothing else..workmens Comp

like Disability likes to deny, one have to decide to get something via an atty & share the

pay out..The injury atty will let you get treatment from a clinic, all records will be requested

from hospital & The staffing company corporate office must disclose the records to him

Taking you to the hospital shows some accountability, don't let them fool you talk to an atty

Filed: Timeline

At lot of misinformation has been given, but it is up to you how you wish to proceed. The cost of an attorney would probable cover the negotiable rate for your medical bills. Your injury has not disable you from working at some other type of job, your injury may have cost you a couple of weeks at the most of not being able to work at that skillset.

Calculate what you have lost in pay for those weeks, and the cost of the medical expense for a ER visit and a medical visit, than compare that to what it will cost a lawyer to represent you, by writing a couple of letters to the workers comp agency.

As Boiler stated earlier it was your obligation to living in the US to obtain your own person health insurance through work, or the health insurance programs that are now available to every individual who resides upon the US shore. Yes it would have been at some cost to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I know a lawyer would not be interested in a personal injury claim, not enough money in it.

WC lawyer, do not know. In my State lawyer fees for WC are limited. Does not sound that much in total damages.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi azzein could you please tell me how can I make topic ?

What kind of topic do you seek ?

and -

are you posting from a handphone or PC? [techniques vary, based on yer gear]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I am fine now and I can walk and move normally. I had a torn muscle from lifting and packaging in my old job, I went to the hospital and did all the imaging and tests with the staffing agency representative. Later I received a mail saying that my claim for workers comp is denied because there is no proof this happened at work. and they will not pay my bills for the ER and tests and imaging.

you should seek a competent attorney.

what is stopping you from finding a competent attorney ?

I contacted where I used to work and told them to send me a copy of the report I wrote to the safety department. They replied me saying that they have sent that already to the staffing agency and I must talk with the agency and not them. They have nothing to do with me, they have direct contact with the agency not me. I contacted the agency and requested a copy of the report I wrote for them and the one from the safety dept. The supervisor said that my case is sent to the main office and she has nothing to do with it. If I want anything contact them and not her.

I tried. I sent them email saying that I will take them to the state department of labor or court if I have to. They ignored my email and never contacted me back. I called and they said to file for a hearing with department of labor and they will take it from there.

email, in usa, is ignored

unless and until

it's in front of a judge,

with an attorney present.

please, go get an attorney on thursday morning.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

The ER inspected my leg and my calf and they wrote this report from what the results of the tests and procedures they did. They third party insurance the ones who denied my workers comp claim. Said that the hospital report said that you suffer from a torn muscle but it didnt say that its from work, plus none of your co-workers saw the accident happening. I said how can someone see a muscle being torn?!

get back to the hospital, find the crew that attended you, and the humans that originally signed the report.

then have your new attorney 'depose them' and gather the testimony.

good luck !

[it seems you are following Boiler's advice, and he's no clue about attorney to cover you]

Timeline

I have only been involved personally in one incident and this was in Colorado so may be different.

Somebody splashed something in his eye so also nothing to see.

Had to make an entry in the Accident Book and report it to the WC who paid for a visit to the local Doctor.

That was it. But all work placed accidents as I understand it will be recorded.

this works as a w-2 employee , a direct hire, with the company.

The OP isn't one of those, he's a w-2 employee to an agencty, who sent him somewhere else. it's a common trick, i'm sorry you not know about it. The OP has been hoaxed, tricked, into thinking the temp agency will do anything for him. He needs a competent attorney in his locale. Not to handle the lawsuit, but to threaten a lawsuit on the blatant ignoring of both Federal Law and State Law for this type of work-related injury, complete with an out-of-court settlement amount, quickly dispersed.

I wish you knew more about how things work in the USA - yer giving really spurious advice in this topic.

There are three things to do if you got injured on the job. 1) Report the injury to the supervisor immediately. 2) Request to see a doctor and 3) Request and complete a worker's compensation claim form. Untill you report the injury and the claim form is returned to your employer, they are under no obligation to provide you with benefits.

And for more help regarding your injury, you can hire a Personal Injury Lawyer, he will provide you with better options.

Edited by Koorosh Shahrokh

Timeline

I know a lawyer would not be interested in a personal injury claim, not enough money in it.

WC lawyer, do not know. In my State lawyer fees for WC are limited. Does not sound that much in total damages.

this varies by state.

the approach varies by state.

the limit on damages varies by state.

lawyer certifications vary by state.

so, why in the world are you making such a posit, really ?

There are three things to do if you got injured on the job. 1) Report the injury to the supervisor immediately. 2) Request to see a doctor and 3) Request and complete a worker's compensation claim form. Untill you report the injury and the claim form is returned to your employer, they are under no obligation to provide you with benefits.

And for more help regarding your injury, you can hire a Personal Injury Lawyer, he will provide you with better options.

alas, when an agency is involved,

it's in the agency's best interest to get that human off the workplace immediately,

fire that human,

then obfuscate the remaining paperwork.

Seriously.

It's good advice, what you've written, for a W-2 employee, a direct hire at a company. Not as an employee at an agency, though.

Timeline

I think you may have missed some of my comments, are you reading this on a phone?

His Employer in this case seems to be the agency not the operator of the premise he worked at.

The incident seems to have been reported to the WC insurer.

What is less than clear is if the incident was reported at the time it occurred. Hence my interest in the accident book.

Basically with WC you waive your option to pursue an EL claim, no need to prove negligence however.

No suggestion that the operator of the facility was at fault.

My comment on General Liability claims was due to the obvious nature of contingent fees, if any award is likely to be low, then the percentage take for the lawyer is also low and they will not take the case, in Colorado it seems that about $20k is the cut off for most, obviously depends on the case and the investment a lawyer will need to make.

There is always small claims court.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I think you may have missed some of my comments, are you reading this on a phone?

His Employer in this case seems to be the agency not the operator of the premise he worked at.

The incident seems to have been reported to the WC insurer.

What is less than clear is if the incident was reported at the time it occurred. Hence my interest in the accident book.

Basically with WC you waive your option to pursue an EL claim, no need to prove negligence however.

No suggestion that the operator of the facility was at fault.

My comment on General Liability claims was due to the obvious nature of contingent fees, if any award is likely to be low, then the percentage take for the lawyer is also low and they will not take the case, in Colorado it seems that about $20k is the cut off for most, obviously depends on the case and the investment a lawyer will need to make.

There is always small claims court.

I felt pain slight pain in my calf when I was at work but I thought it was a simple muscle strain. I went home and next day I came to work the pain was sharper so I took pain killers because there is actually nothing to report. the next day I woke up with very sharp pain and my calf was swollen and red, so I went to work and reported it and I wrote a report about what happened and they took me to the hospital. The doctor at hospital said they will make ultrasound imaging because it might be blood clot, if it is, then it has nothing to do with my job. But the result was negative and it was a torn muscle. I was discharged and sent home with 2 crutches. Later I received a bill from the hospital with a note saying This is a work related injury, liabilty of workers comp. But the insurance denied that saying no one at work saw it happened and the doctor letter didnt state that you were hit by something or a trauma.

I am fine now and I can walk and do everything, I am not trying to sue them for money, I am just trying to have them pay the medical bills for the hospital.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline

Causation seems to be the issue and how it could be linked to a work activity.

Timeline

Causation seems to be the issue and how it could be linked to a work activity.

linkage would be useful, also.

but hey.

tempus fugit !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.