Deagle

Help, Got injured at work and they wont help me.

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are required to have Health Insurance so first get that sorted out.

Presumably ER had it down as work related be ause you said so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Just a FYI

Usually a hospital or Emergency room will work a deal on your payments.

If you don't have insurance or a steady job I would think you could get about 90% of that bill waived.

I hope so. I am trying to file for a hearing with the state department of labor.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Timeline

But I dont have a job to have insurance. I started working they told me I have 30 days to buy insurance plan, but I got injured after around 3 weeks.

The report from the hospital says that I suffer from a torn muscle which happens from over stretching a muscle or putting preasure more than it can handle.

I don't have a job and I can't pay any bills.

Do you think filing for hearing will help?

Schedule a consultation with Worker's Compensation attorney if they still deny after the hearing. You may have a personal injury claim as well as Worker's Comp case. You need someone who is knowledgeable in dealing with liability claims.

I suspect that temp agency is supposed to have some form of liability insurance you can go after. You may be able to get your bills paid and have some money left over for pain and suffering. But you need to get an attorney for that. Most personal injury lawyers don't charge you until they settle your case. Look into that.

4/12/13 - sent I-485 package

4/15/13 - USCIS Chicago Lockbox received package

4/22/13 - got email and txt

4/29/13 - received NOA in mail

5/08/13 - received biometrics appointment for 5/22

5/09/13 - successful early walk in at Port Chester, NY office

5/22/13 - I-485 updated to Testing & Interview

6/18/13 - EAD went to production

6/21/13 - Card/Document Production for EAD - second email

6/24/13 - EAD mailed

6/26/13 - EAD arrived

7/18/13 - got email about interview

7/20/13 - got hard copy interview letter

08/23/13 - interview - Approved dancin5hr.gif(card production & decision email)

08/28/13 - card production - second email

08/29/13 - card mailed

09/03/13 - card arrived

*********************************************************************************

05/27/2016 - N-400 mailed

06/02/2016 - NOA date

06/24/2016 - biometrics appointment

11/28/2016 - interview scheduled for January 9th, 2017

01/09/2017 - interview passed

01/20/2017 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Schedule a consultation with Worker's Compensation attorney if they still deny after the hearing. You may have a personal injury claim as well as Worker's Comp case. You need someone who is knowledgeable in dealing with liability claims.

I suspect that temp agency is supposed to have some form of liability insurance you can go after. You may be able to get your bills paid and have some money left over for pain and suffering. But you need to get an attorney for that. Most personal injury lawyers don't charge you until they settle your case. Look into that.

Thank you. I will call a lawyer tomorrow and get an appointment to see what we can do about this.

Filed: Timeline

OP was an incident report done B4 you were taken to emergency?

Have you taken photos of the area on yout body yet?

Gather all your docs and get a contingency (rehab atty) he gets paid if U get paid

Make & Keep copies of all papers.

The atty will send you to physical therapy Dr to help with pain with a LOP for treatment

wile the atty deal with workmens comp ppl......Those ppl MAY pay a hospital bill but do not

intend to pay or re-hire you, they also watch you to see if you are functioning well during

their investigations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I got a job thru staffing agency in the US, my job was in shipping and receiving. I hurt my leg calf from lifting heavy stuff and it became red and hot and I was not able to walk anymore. I reported to the safety department in where I used to work and they contacted the staffing agency. They took me to walk-in doctor then he recommended to go to hospital. In hospital I went under xray and ultra sound to make sure it's not a blood clot. They said if it was a blood clot then it has nothing to do with your work. But it was not. They said I am having a torn muscle and sent me home with a sick leave letter for 2 days.

After 2 days the staffing agency told me not to go to the job anymore, and since then i am jobless. I started to receive medical bills by mail (which worth around $6500) I spoke with the staffing agency they said send it to us we will takecare of it. Yesterday I received a letter by mail from a third party saying that my worker's comp was denied and I have to pay or I can submit a claim and hearing to the State Labor Department.

I called the thirtd party people today they said we reviewed the documts and reports, nothing says that it is from work or happened at work and no one saw it happening. But I have a report from the first emergency walk in doctor saying that this is a work related injry and liability of workers comp.

I have no insurance at all and I cant get any because I still didn't get a job after they told me not to go anymore.

What can I do? I cant afford to pay all the medical bills and it happened because of my work in lifting products and packing them, but yet they say nothing can prove that.

Any suggestions? Will going to the state department of labor for a hearing will really help me?

i suggest getting an attorney, a good shark type, as they LOVE this type of problem !! you've a computer with internet access, use the google, google search terms:

work injury lawyer <<your city>>

and see who pops up. then use a telephone, call around the rest of the day, see who can take the case. For this type of case, the attorney will not ask you for monies, the fees they collect from the company and not you.

Threaten a lawsuit on both the staffing agency and the company where you got injured that will wake them up. Don't let them push you around.

Nice idea, really, but is best done

by an attorney.

Trust me, 3 phone calls from an attorney gets things moving along and quickly !

But I dont have a job to have insurance. I started working they told me I have 30 days to buy insurance plan, but I got injured after around 3 weeks.

The report from the hospital says that I suffer from a torn muscle which happens from over stretching a muscle or putting preasure more than it can handle.

I don't have a job and I can't pay any bills.

Do you think filing for hearing will help?

you can easily get stuff for medical insurance at healthcare.gov - check it out when you have time, soon, next, now.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Where I am there would be a report in the injury book of anything that happened at work.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

OP was an incident report done B4 you were taken to emergency?

Have you taken photos of the area on yout body yet?

Gather all your docs and get a contingency (rehab atty) he gets paid if U get paid

Make & Keep copies of all papers.

The atty will send you to physical therapy Dr to help with pain with a LOP for treatment

wile the atty deal with workmens comp ppl......Those ppl MAY pay a hospital bill but do not

intend to pay or re-hire you, they also watch you to see if you are functioning well during

their investigations

I am fine now and I can walk and move normally. I had a torn muscle from lifting and packaging in my old job, I went to the hospital and did all the imaging and tests with the staffing agency representative. Later I received a mail saying that my claim for workers comp is denied because there is no proof this happened at work. and they will not pay my bills for the ER and tests and imaging.

Timeline

Where I am there would be a report in the injury book of anything that happened at work.

I contacted where I used to work and told them to send me a copy of the report I wrote to the safety department. They replied me saying that they have sent that already to the staffing agency and I must talk with the agency and not them. They have nothing to do with me, they have direct contact with the agency not me. I contacted the agency and requested a copy of the report I wrote for them and the one from the safety dept. The supervisor said that my case is sent to the main office and she has nothing to do with it. If I want anything contact them and not her.

Threaten a lawsuit on both the staffing agency and the company where you got injured that will wake them up. Don't let them push you around.

I tried. I sent them email saying that I will take them to the state department of labor or court if I have to. They ignored my email and never contacted me back. I called and they said to file for a hearing with department of labor and they will take it from there.

Timeline

The ER inspected my leg and my calf and they wrote this report from what the results of the tests and procedures they did. They third party insurance the ones who denied my workers comp claim. Said that the hospital report said that you suffer from a torn muscle but it didnt say that its from work, plus none of your co-workers saw the accident happening. I said how can someone see a muscle being torn?!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I contacted where I used to work and told them to send me a copy of the report I wrote to the safety department. They replied me saying that they have sent that already to the staffing agency and I must talk with the agency and not them. They have nothing to do with me, they have direct contact with the agency not me. I contacted the agency and requested a copy of the report I wrote for them and the one from the safety dept. The supervisor said that my case is sent to the main office and she has nothing to do with it. If I want anything contact them and not her.

I tried. I sent them email saying that I will take them to the state department of labor or court if I have to. They ignored my email and never contacted me back. I called and they said to file for a hearing with department of labor and they will take it from there.

I would send them a certify letter with a return signature card

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I have only been involved personally in one incident and this was in Colorado so may be different.

Somebody splashed something in his eye so also nothing to see.

Had to make an entry in the Accident Book and report it to the WC who paid for a visit to the local Doctor.

That was it. But all work placed accidents as I understand it will be recorded.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.