Janelle2002

Life Is Short. Have An Affair.

15 posts in this topic

Life Is Short. Have An Affair.

Posted: 07/21/2015 2:22 pm EDT Updated: 52 minutes ago
print_icon.png
pin_icon_onhover.pngs-REALLY-large.jpgShutterstock

My four-year-old said something really funny in the car yesterday. He called my husband a "kissey face" and said that Daddy kisses everyone in town. I said, "What? Who did you see Daddy kiss?" He replied, "I was just tricking you. He only kisses you." After the minor cardio infarction that I suffered, my husband and I had a conversation about cheating. He said, "How do people who live in a small town have an affair? I mean, everyone knows that you're married, I just don't get it."

Maybe they have an account on Ashley Madison? Have you heard of this website? I hadn't, but today I saw that Ashley Madison was hacked and it's 37 million members are in danger of having their identity leaked. Yes, you heard correct, 37 MILLION MEMBERS. This dating website is for married people to meet up and have affairs with other married people.

Below is the Ashley Madison website information:

~Ashley Madison is the most famous name in infidelity and married dating. As seen on Hannity, Howard Stern, TIME, BusinessWeek, Sports Illustrated, Maxim, USA Today. Ashley Madison is the most recognized and reputable married dating company.Our Married Dating Services for Married individuals Work. Ashley Madison is the most successful website for finding an affair and cheating partners. Have an Affair today on Ashley Madison. Thousands of cheating wives and cheating husbands signup everyday looking for an affair. We are the most famous website for discreet encounters between married individuals. Married Dating has never been easier. With Our affair guarantee package we guarantee you will find the perfect affair partner. Sign up for Free today.

Now that you have read this, do you have any questions? I did. Here are a list of the questions, and thoughts that came to mind after reading about this company and the current security breach.

1. #######? Is this for real?

2. No seriously, is this a real thing?

3. 37 Million people use this? Do these people have jobs?

4. If you're married, and have a job, where the hell do you find the time for a dating website?

5. I am really confused. Thirty-seven million people?

6. If life is short, shouldn't you love the one you're with? You know, the one you married?

7. Who is going to be liable for all of the murders that occur when the 37 million members information is leaked?

8. I hope John Bobbitt isn't a member.

9. I bet divorce attorneys love to advertise on this site.

10. If you're married, aren't you supposed to be monogamous? Am I thinking of something else?

11. You probably need to be really organized to cheat. I can't remember where I put my car keys. I would get caught in like five minutes.

12. Married dating is a thing? If you're married, why are you dating?

13. I am really having a difficult time with this.

14. This is the most reputable married dating company? There are more? Oh Dear Lord!

15. This website has a guarantee? How can you guarantee you will find the perfect affair partner?

16. This is a rabbit hole. I need to stop.

I am very interested to see how this security breach plays out. I am also baffled at the fact that 37 million married people are members of an online dating service. I guess monogamy is a thing of the past. Perhaps we are on the verge of a new definition of marriage. Maybe instead of saying "I do" people should say, "I'll try, but when I get bored, I'll try something else." Because life is short. Have an affair.

Bio:

Meredith is a work-from-home mother of three who writes about the inappropriate side of marriage and motherhood on her blog at thatsinappropriate.net. She is also a contributor on the parenting team at today.com. Follow her on Medium, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/meredith-masony/life-is-short-have-an-aff_1_b_7833874.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

This breach got people shaking in their boots...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Without answering all the gazillion questions.. the thing you really need to know is..

IMHO people get hurt when you lie to them. It's much easier to tell someone straight up.. you can love them, maybe forever but you still might want a little treat outside of the relationship every once in a blue moon. You may find your partner loves you so much they might actually encourage you and support you. Not saying its for everyone but people don't get hurt as much when things don't come out of left field.

And the thing that truly changed my mind was when Maria Bello commented on her affair.. http://features.aol.com/video/maria-bello-opens-about-her-affair

And regarding websites with affairs.. really? People need websites to have an affair? How come JFK, Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise, Martin Luther King, David Petraeus had affairs without going on Ashley Madison? It's not a requirement..

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Without answering all the gazillion questions.. the thing you really need to know is..

IMHO people get hurt when you lie to them. It's much easier to tell someone straight up.. you can love them, maybe forever but you still might want a little treat outside of the relationship every once in a blue moon. You may find your partner loves you so much they might actually encourage you and support you. Not saying its for everyone but people don't get hurt as much when things don't come out of left field.

And the thing that truly changed my mind was when Maria Bello commented on her affair.. http://features.aol.com/video/maria-bello-opens-about-her-affair

And regarding websites with affairs.. really? People need websites to have an affair? How come JFK, Bill Clinton, Tom Cruise, Martin Luther King, David Petraeus had affairs without going on Ashley Madison? It's not a requirement..

Three things that always help in affairs. Power, Money, Fame. The people you listed each had one or all three. They're looking for like minded individuals.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

200.jpg

“Thank God I didn’t give my wife my real name.”

Harvey Weil
Systems Analyst

200.jpg

“This could set back infidelity in the U.S. two hours.”

Stefan Kolkowski
Denim Distresser

200.jpg

“This is great for any user whose sexual fantasy is being used as a pawn in a high-stakes game of corporate blackmail.”

Jillian Armand
Stenography Instructor

http://www.theonion.com/americanvoices/ashley-madison-website-hacked-50892

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Unacceptable...

Unacceptable...

For me, yes. Unacceptable. But if both spouses agree, it is none of my business. I know people in open relationships that work, and in ones that don't.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

the minor cardio infarction that I suffered

This is hilarious. Minor Cardio must be the offspring of Eppie Cardio and Perry Cardio.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Unacceptable...

To 50% of the population yes. But to the other 50% it is just harmless fun till you get caught and who's gonna get caught anyways?

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

To 50% of the population yes. But to the other 50% it is just harmless fun till you get caught and who's gonna get caught anyways?

For starters the 5 people you mentioned in your previous post????

If you subscribe to the "it's only wrong if you get caught" theory I'm glad I'm not your partner.

For starters the 5 people you mentioned in your previous post????

If you subscribe to the "it's only wrong if you get caught" theory I'm glad I'm not your partner.

I'm saying that's their viewpoint as a few friends of mine are having affairs, they talk to me, but I sure am not going to tell their better half your boytoy has another plaything on the side.

I subscribe to the be truthful up front if you're not able of committing. Less getting hurt later.

I'm saying that's their viewpoint as a few friends of mine are having affairs, they talk to me, but I sure am not going to tell their better half your boytoy has another plaything on the side.

I subscribe to the be truthful up front if you're not able of committing. Less getting hurt later.

Why get married just to cheat?

For me, yes. Unacceptable. But if both spouses agree, it is none of my business. I know people in open relationships that work, and in ones that don't.

Yes. For me too unacceptable. For others if they want to do it, okay... As long as I'm not the one who have to deal with them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I caught a Bloomberg news blurb and analysis about this, overnight. Handled out of the London office. Their guest analyst mentioned that Law firms, specifically divorce attornies, will benefit the most from this data breach, over the next 18 months.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I caught a Bloomberg news blurb and analysis about this, overnight. Handled out of the London office. Their guest analyst mentioned that Law firms, specifically divorce attornies, will benefit the most from this data breach, over the next 18 months.

Wish I could be a fly on the wall so I could see this. And there will be some wives and husbands benefiting from this divorces as well. Can you say, mad alimony payments?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yes. For me too unacceptable. For others if they want to do it, okay... As long as I'm not the one who have to deal with them.

Come on, make 'dealing' profitable, aye?

From topless towelgirl to divorce lawyer, and everything inbetween,

there's money to be made on this.. Yer missing the real estate fire-sales, as well.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !