Divalicious

RFE letter received - help with response

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dear all,

I got my RFE letter today and I require some assistance please.

On the form, we stated we met online. (We met on a sports forum) but we didn't go into detail about the website we met on. The letter states that:

"You indicated that you met the beneficiary online. However you did not provide specific details. Submit information regarding where you met the beneficiary and the circumstances under you and the beneficiary personally met to establish the relationship"

I just need some help. What should I write to these people? Should I tell them the exact website we met on, although I no longer have an account there and could not provide them with any kind of chat logs? Also, when it says 'submit information about how you personally met to establish the relationship' - what should I be explaining there?

Please help!

Tell them the name of the website, how you met, what sparked your interest, how did this relationship happen, etc. They want specific details. They want information...this will all come up in the interview. Type up about 20-30 sentences summarizing your relationship.

Edited by Moustafa/Crystal

That's so picky. Some people wrote they met online and gave no specifics and didn't get an RFE. I guess it depends on the officer and if you provided enough visual evidence to support your case.

But, I agree with the poster above me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I met my spouse online too (gaming) and didn't specify the website name, but I did put along the lines of "our mutual love for gaming....etc" so you just need to write down something that can give them a rough picture of your relationship. Just try to think from an USCIS officer's point of view.

K-1 Visa
I-129F Sent : 2014-08-20
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-27
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-29
NVC Received : 2014-11-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-20
Packet 3 Received : 2014-12-04
Packet 3 Sent : 2015-01-09
Packet 4 Received : 2015-01-14
Interview Date : 2015-02-24
Interview Result : Approved!! (L)
Visa Received : 2015-03-02
US Entry : 2015-04-02

Adjustment of Status, EAD & AP
Date Filed : 2015-05-19
NOA Date : 2015-05-21
Bio. Appt. : 2015-06-12

Submitted inquiry regarding EAD : 2015-08-10

Email reply received : 2015-08-12

EAD & AP Approved Date : 2015-08-12

EAD Approval Letter Received : 2015-08-17

Adjustment of Status

Interview Date : 2015-11-06

Approval Date : 2015-11-13 (L) (L) (L)

Greencard Received: 2015-11-16

Removing Condition Petition I-751

Date Filed : 2017-09-26
NOA Date : 2017-10-06
Bio. Appt. : 2017-10-23

Approval Date : 2018-12-20 (L) (L) (L)

Greencard Received: 2018-12-24

Dear all,

I got my RFE letter today and I require some assistance please.

On the form, we stated we met online. (We met on a sports forum) but we didn't go into detail about the website we met on. The letter states that:

"You indicated that you met the beneficiary online. However you did not provide specific details. Submit information regarding where you met the beneficiary and the circumstances under you and the beneficiary personally met to establish the relationship"

I just need some help. What should I write to these people? Should I tell them the exact website we met on, although I no longer have an account there and could not provide them with any kind of chat logs? Also, when it says 'submit information about how you personally met to establish the relationship' - what should I be explaining there?

Please help!

There is a requirement of meeting in person, face to face. If you told on the form how you became known to one another (online) but did not describe how and when you met in person in the last two years, then you missed the requirement. You didn't mention giving those details on your form. Is that the reason for your RFE? They use the words "personally met". I believe they mean to describe the "in person" meeting(s).

So did you mention that? How did you state it?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys!

So I basically just wrote how we met online and on what website, and what month and year it was in.

I also detailed each trip, but I only detailed the arrival and departure days/months, which will match up to the boarding passes and passport stamps they already have. Should I have gone into more detail about what we did on each trip? Like what activities we did? how we spent our time or will just telling them the dates she was here be enough?

Hi guys!

So I basically just wrote how we met online and on what website, and what month and year it was in.

I also detailed each trip, but I only detailed the arrival and departure days/months, which will match up to the boarding passes and passport stamps they already have. Should I have gone into more detail about what we did on each trip? Like what activities we did? how we spent our time or will just telling them the dates she was here be enough?

Did you provide airline or train tickets, hotels, or any other purchases on your trip with both of your names on it and back it up with trip photos? Dates with an explanation should work fine. But I think supporting your claims with evidence works the best. It shows the officer that you've actually done what you've said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.