ashleyamber

Really confused about N400 Part 4 - Info about residence

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

So here is the deal:
I go to college about 500 miles away from where my family lives, in the same state.
I visit back home every summer and every holidays like thanksgiving, christmas etc.
For the first year I lived in the campus dorms, second year in an apartment close to campus.

Now, should I list those college addresses on my n400? I am financially dependent on my family.

I have always used my family's address as my permanent address in other forms like school forms etc.
It gets really confusing while filling out the n400, especially with the dates because I spent the summers and winter holidays at my home with my family.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You should use your legal address. What address do you put on your taxes? What is the address on your driver's license? Where are you registered to vote? Where is your car registered? Use that address.

Filed: Timeline

You should use your legal address. What address do you put on your taxes? What is the address on your driver's license? Where are you registered to vote? Where is your car registered? Use that address.

Yes of course, that address is the address where my family is at.

But my question pertains to the fact that I need to list all my addresses on the application.

My question is that do I list those addresses where I lived at when I am at college? I also didn't file an AR-11 for those addresses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.