LinAus

DV2015 Numbers Exhausted

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Has anyone else heard that the 50,000 cap has been met for ALL regions and that no other green cards will be available as of July 17, 2015? I completed my DS260 in September, number came up for July 1 allocations, sent off for DOS receipt beginning of July and am ready to send in I485. Just concerned that if I send off my I485 with the processing fee, they will keep the check, even though cap has been met. Thanks

From what I saw of the press release it's shoddy wording. They expect all visas to be used up by the end of the fiscal year, in my interpretation. I certainly would not want a 29 September interview though....

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

they won't schedule new interviews if they have no visa numbers available right? where is the press release you're talking about?

Visit: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions.html

And the notice is at the top of the page with a link to click through to read.

they won't schedule new interviews if they have no visa numbers available right? where is the press release you're talking about?

My reading is - they have scheduled what they think are enough interviews to get them to their quota.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.