blyd

Second L1b visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

This may be an odd question, i did have a search on this forum before posting but couldn't find anything like my circumstance.

I have a current L1b visa with an expired PED but with the visa itself due to expire in 2017, due to a grand mess up with my office they did not process my extension request in time and back in March of this year i had to return to the UK.

Due to this my company almost lost a significant contract that i am working on as the employers client demanded that i be part of the engagement, as such my company have made a new petition but due to the H1 processing had to put my application on the back burner much to my clients disappointment, i finally have all my petition doc's and have an appointment at the embassy in early August for my interview.

Does anyone forsee any problems with this or have any advice that i can use for my interview, my first interview went very easily and took maybe a minute at the most, im hoping it is this easy the second time, but i am very nervous and very much want to return to the US.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is a PED?

H issues would not have impacted a L.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

US L1 Visa's have a PED date. The visa expriration date is the last date you can travel into the US on the Visa however the PED (Petition expiration date) is the last date you are permitted to work in the US, normally an org' will apply for an extension, this is what my Org' failed to do in time which is why im again having to apply. To also clarify i've never held a H class visa.

Diolch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.