chaoticlogic

NOA2, now what?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

¡Hola a todos!

First, please PM me if you have recently gotten to the interview stage and been approved. If you have time to explain this to me in detail, I would be extremely grateful.

So, I am the US citizen petitioner for my Spanish fiancée, and I just received my NOA2. I've been posting questions on here, and everyone tells me to look at guides and Spain's portal. I respect that, but there is a point where searching for similar stories and looking at the guides isn't sufficient. I am very detail oriented, and in this case, everything should be done with much detail. There are things that are just too unclear for me.

Here is what I know so far (I think haha): "Soon" my case will be forwarded to the NVC. After a couple weeks, I can start calling them to see if they got my case, and to see if they have my case number. After that, they send the case to the US Embassy in Madrid. After, packet 3 with the checklist of things that my fiancée needs to do will be sent to her. That's all I know.

En fin...can anyone explain the process in more detail? Such as...

The timeline for what she needs to do now...I know I have to send her an affidavit of support (going to use my mother as a co-sponsor; I know I have to send one in myself as well.) But, how does she go about filling things out, in what order, and how does she schedule her medical and her interview, how does she pay for each, etc.

This stuff may be covered somewhere on the site, but I've spent SO much time looking, and I find bits and pieces, and can't put the pieces completely together.

If you are going to respond saying that I should go look at "this" or "that," please refrain from posting. As much as any response is appreciated, I would like to talk to someone who has gone through this process with a Spanish fiancée, and what to do and HOW it needs to be done. (The what I understand, the "how" and "when" is the most confusing.)

Sorry for being so direct, but I am so excited and nervous that I just really need specific help for piece of mind. If anyone at all has the time to answer my questions, I can't express how grateful I would be. I also have Skype if it would be easier to explain that way (I speak Spanish as well, so either language is fine.)

Thank you so much for reading, I appreciate it so much!

Daniel

K1 until Green Card

01/13/15 - I-129F package sent

01/15/15 - Arrived at Texas Service Center (sigh...)

01/27/15 - NOA1 in hand

07/16/15 - Case was approved!

07/21/15 - NOA2 in hand

07/24/15 - Case sent to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC Case # Assigned / Case sent to embassy (estimate)

08/05/15 - Arrived at embassy

08/12/15 - Packet 3 received

08/17/15 - Packet 3 sent

08/28/15 - Packet 4 received

09/28/15 - Medical

09/30/15 - Interview - approved

10/07/15 - K1 Visa in hand

10/22/15 - POE

11/06/15 - Married!

12/15/15 - I-485 package sent
02/29/16 - I-485 approved (interview waived)

03/08/16 - Green Card in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.