K-9 Hero

Quick question on marriage contract translation

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys, i have a quick question on marriage contract translation, My naturalization interview is scheduled on July 24 (based on marriage) I already prepared everything they asked to bring to the interview and the only thing i'm concerned about is our marriage contract (not a marriage certificate because me and my wife got married In Egypt not in the U.S. so we have official marriage contract) it's written in Arabic and i only have a copy of it's official translation, the original one is stamped and certified from the Egyptian ministry of foreign affairs but i lost it and i really couldn't find it, so do you think i have to translate our marriage contract again or will it work this way and they will accept the copy i have now?
please let me know what you guys think.
Thank you :)

Edited by K-9 Hero

Okay...your story is somewhat confusing.

I would work to get an official copy as soon as possible. Then keep that in a safe place.

Now for your problem....yes, you will need your marriage contract and a translation of your marriage contract. A copy will have to be enough because that is all that you have.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you got your marriage contract translated in the Ministry of Justice translation office , then you can ask for an authenticated copy from it based on the copy you have , it will take only a couple of hours .

Timeline

Thanks for your replay Kareelina, Yes that's would be a great quick solution but if i was in Egypt, i'm in FL now :)

Edited by K-9 Hero

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

apply for uscitizenship, based on marriage to a uscitizen?

now wait a mo, you have a green card, right?

and you submitted the exact document set to get the greencard, prior, right?

if yes, well, that stuff is already in the A-File.

Your interviewer is supposed to have the A-File in front of him/her, during the interview,

so

if it's a huge problem to 'get another one' then I say -

take the photocopy of what you filed, ages past, show it to the Immigration Officer on interview day, ask him to review the A-File right there and then in front of you, pulling out the marriage contract stored in the A-File, and compare it to the photocopy that you have.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yes Darnil, my interview for naturalization based on marriage is next Friday and yes almost the same documents i'v submitted to the USCIS before getting my green card while i was still in Egypt and actually i was thinking the same before i posted my question and i remember that at the time of the CR-1 interview at the U.S. Embassy they gave me all the original documents i'v submitted and sent to the USCIS before and the original marriage contract was one of these documents but honestly i can not remember if they gave me the original official translation and some how i lost it or if they kept it for record, this was almost 4 years ago, so this was my concern because i didn't want to take any chance and give them room to delay my case processing etc etc... :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.