piedpiper

name change on removal condition

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys, I have a question about name change. I have searched online and was told i can add my husband's last name as mine when i file the I-751, and put my maiden name as the USED NAME, so I did that, and the notice comes back as my new name. But my concern is: My everything else is under my maiden name, then when I go to do biometrics, the ID name does not match married name, would they just not let me in? or just deny me?...I know I did not think it over carefully, I was just excited to change my name and also can save the I-90 $450 fee...

Has someone done this before or do someone have some advice? Thx a lot!

You can change everything else you need with your marriage certificate including your driver's license, SSN, banks, ETC.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I swear the people at SSA offices are dropped on their heads as children. Likely nothing you do will convince them otherwise.

Maybe let that part wait for the green card.

What I would do, because of your SSN issue, is bring your marriage certificate when you do the biometrics so they can see your maiden vs married name.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.