Janelle2002

Ohio police charge man who filmed but didn't aid teens in car crash

27 posts in this topic

Thank you. Her mother was a feral kitten/cat who adopted me and moved in many years ago. Spooky was born in my closet.

(L)

These creatures let us into their lives and they bring us a kind of love that makes us better humans. My condolences. (F)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

(L)

These creatures let us into their lives and they bring us a kind of love that makes us better humans. My condolences. (F)

Thanks Maven. They give unconditionally. She was a character and the complete opposite of her mother who I still have.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

(Title & Author Unknown)

"I'll lend to you a kitten," God said,
"To love while she lives, and mourn when she's dead.
Maybe for 12 or 13 years, or maybe 2 or 3 --
But will you, till I call her back, take care of her for Me?

"She'll bring her charms to gladden you, and should her stay be brief,
You'll always have her memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay, since all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

"I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true,
And from the folk that crowd life's land, I have chosen you.
Now will you give her all your love, not think the labor vain?
Nor hate Me when I come to take My kitten home again?"

And my heart replied at once, "My Lord, Thy will be done.
For all the joys this kitten brings, the risk of grief I'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness, we'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness she gives, forever grateful stay.

"But should You call her back to You much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.

"If by our love we've managed Your wishes to achieve,
In memory of her sweet love, please help us while we grieve.
When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,
Please send another needing soul for us to love all her life."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Most US jurisdictions do not require bystanders who do not have a duty (special relationship, began to render aid and then stopped, creates a hazardous situation, contractual obligation) to assist to render any aid. I think in Ohio there's an obligation to report a dead body though.

Oh really Counselor?????

b516410836f33f437a580b5bbc647f79589282f7

Oh really Counselor?????

b516410836f33f437a580b5bbc647f79589282f7

This is a nice explanation of reality: https://vistacriminallaw.com/could-the-seinfeld-cast-really-be-busted-for-doing-nothing/

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

(Title & Author Unknown)

"I'll lend to you a kitten," God said,

"To love while she lives, and mourn when she's dead.

Maybe for 12 or 13 years, or maybe 2 or 3 --

But will you, till I call her back, take care of her for Me?

"She'll bring her charms to gladden you, and should her stay be brief,

You'll always have her memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay, since all from Earth return,

But there are lessons taught below I want this kitten to learn.

"I've looked the whole world over in search of teachers true,

And from the folk that crowd life's land, I have chosen you.

Now will you give her all your love, not think the labor vain?

Nor hate Me when I come to take My kitten home again?"

And my heart replied at once, "My Lord, Thy will be done.

For all the joys this kitten brings, the risk of grief I'll run.

We'll shelter her with tenderness, we'll love her while we may,

And for the happiness she gives, forever grateful stay.

"But should You call her back to You much sooner than we planned,

We'll brave the bitter grief that comes, and try to understand.

"If by our love we've managed Your wishes to achieve,

In memory of her sweet love, please help us while we grieve.

When our cherished kitten departs this world of strife,

Please send another needing soul for us to love all her life."

Have you seen this one?

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Wow.

Some years ago, a newspaper columnist around here wrote on what he imagined Heaven was like. An early line was "When you enter Heaven, every pet that you ever had in your life comes running to meet you." I've had zero luck in trying to find that column.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Maybe they can sentence him to 200 hrs of watching those wonderful driver's education films that they use to show?

And maybe some volunteer time working with accident victims.

I had to have her put down this morning.

Sorry for your loss Spooks! Pets are part of the family!

Ow no. I'm sorry spooky. I know how you feel. Our bunny died when we first moved to Texas. The girls cried for a week.

Sorry for your loss Spooks! Pets are part of the family!

I thank you both. They are part of the family. Sometimes better than the human members. If my wife thought I was half the person Spooks did, life would be bliss. :devil:

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015