24 posts in this topic

I have read about a lot of interviews...in general, they rarely look at all the new evidence at the interview..maybe a picture or two at the most. I had prepared a whole packet of new evidence, they only looked at a couple of pictures. If they wanted to see the additional AOS evidence, they would have asked for it which at my husband's interview they did ask for.

Did they return all the originals? If not, be sure to get those back.

I think you are in good shape....no reason to worry about this until you see what happens next week. Really, I would expect some AP due to the political situation in Tunisia right now.

Filed: Timeline

She is calling stupid out of love, give her a break :)

Found out some new info. They took his medical, original birth, original marriage, and original police certificate. They didn't take anything else because my (pardon my French) stupid husband didn't tell them he brought new proof. He said they wouldn't let him say anything else, but I know if I would have been there, I would have been firm and showed them everything. I think my husband was too meager to do this on his own. I thought he would be stronger and know what to do. He just sort of let them do their thing. I had new tax transcripts to give them (originally only gave returns from turbotax) and also an updated employment letter along with updated pay stubs. I'm so furious right now... really regretting not going. He said they told him they would call him to get his passport because they need to look over his applications. I'm not sure his he's relaying the information correctly but that's the general gist that I got. He also said the man was speaking Arabic with him (red flag?) and didn't ask very many questions.

Edited by marriedguy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

For what I have been reading, usually when they keep the passport it mean your visa was approved. Hang in their. You can also call the Embassy or email them to ask about your husband's visa. I take it you are the petitioner and therefore they can speak with you.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Found out some new info. They took his medical, original birth, original marriage, and original police certificate. They didn't take anything else because my (pardon my French) stupid husband didn't tell them he brought new proof. He said they wouldn't let him say anything else, but I know if I would have been there, I would have been firm and showed them everything. I think my husband was too meager to do this on his own. I thought he would be stronger and know what to do. He just sort of let them do their thing. I had new tax transcripts to give them (originally only gave returns from turbotax) and also an updated employment letter along with updated pay stubs. I'm so furious right now... really regretting not going. He said they told him they would call him to get his passport because they need to look over his applications. I'm not sure his he's relaying the information correctly but that's the general gist that I got. He also said the man was speaking Arabic with him (red flag?) and didn't ask very many questions.

Not cool, Shauna. Not cool.

What do you mean by "new proof"? Wasn't this your first interview? The importance of financial information is different from one USEM to another. For example, some embassies require a wet signature on the Form I-134 and some don't mind if it's scanned and emailed. I had mine notarized for good measure (probably an unnecessary step); however, on another thread I was commenting on (I think it was Kiev) someone said the embassy didn't even take the Form I-134. So just because the embassy wasn't interested in your financial information doesn't reflect anything to do with your husband. They may have only been interested in your Form I-864 as it's a binding attestation that he will not be a public charge. They may only need their CO's to see the documents, or just take your word for it.

Them not asking too many questions may be a sign that they don't need too much more information to issue the visa. I know you are afraid of a denial, but the worst is over. Don't blame your spouse for anything. As one that has interviewed for the federal government before, getting the documents you need is often more efficient than wading through pieces of paper that may be redundant. What is important to you is not necessarily important to the CO.

Them keeping the passport is a good sign. Suggests they may have issuing intentions.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We'll see what happens, i was planning on waiting for 2 weeks and then following up? At what point should i be concerned?

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

I'm sorry but they won't tell how long it is going to take. I believe they don't even know. They send the case to Washington for security checks. But hopefully it won't take very long. Mine took about 5 months after the interview and then visa was issued. I am from Pakistan.

Timeline

At what point can i involve a senator?

Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A hijack post and reply have been removed.

---

[Moderator hat off]

OP, it wouldn't hurt for you to contact the embassy to tell them about the unsubmitted evidence. It might score brownie points if you mention that you were tempted to kick your husband's hindquarters for not having submitted it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

I was trying to be as prepared as possible. It's not my husbands fault, if anything it's my fault for not preparing him as well as i should've. But haha we've both called eachother stupid before. I was extremely pissed and i guess more angry at myself

Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.