24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Good morning all,

Well, my husband had his interview about an hour ago. He called me to tell me they kept his passport but would NOT tell him if he was approved, even after he directly asked. They simply kept his passport and told him they would call him when they're ready I guess. I didn't get more information because I'm so enraged I can barely see through my eyes.

Someone give it to me straight, this isn't good, right?

Have we just entered into the abyss of Admin Processing?

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, they didn't say he was approved, but what DID they say? Does your case have any red flags? Is your husband's name a common one in Tunisia?

Since administrative processing is common, have you checked your case online to see if it says "administrative processing'?

I'm sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine. Have you tried posting this in the regional forum for better answers?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

AP would be normal, surprised they held on to be passport

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Usually I'v heard if they hold onto the passport then most likely he's approved and will receive his visa soon maybe within a week, but I'm not too sure I'm speaking regarding the embassy in Lebanon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Embassy keeping passport is usually a good sign. My fiance at that time got his passport back and was put in AP. He was not told that he was approved, but to just wait for AP. I hear of cases where passports were kept and embassy refused to tell them if they were approved. Everything will be ok, don't worry!

:luv:

Timeline

Found out some new info. They took his medical, original birth, original marriage, and original police certificate. They didn't take anything else because my (pardon my French) stupid husband didn't tell them he brought new proof. He said they wouldn't let him say anything else, but I know if I would have been there, I would have been firm and showed them everything. I think my husband was too meager to do this on his own. I thought he would be stronger and know what to do. He just sort of let them do their thing. I had new tax transcripts to give them (originally only gave returns from turbotax) and also an updated employment letter along with updated pay stubs. I'm so furious right now... really regretting not going. He said they told him they would call him to get his passport because they need to look over his applications. I'm not sure his he's relaying the information correctly but that's the general gist that I got. He also said the man was speaking Arabic with him (red flag?) and didn't ask very many questions.

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Had my k1 interview and was given at the end a paper with DNA test to proof a parental test between my son and his father and when I saw my status is says admistrative process means ?

Had my k1 interview and was given at the end a paper with DNA test to proof a parental test between my son and his father and when I saw my status is says admistrative process means ?

Lol why did you post that here?

Baby what we have"

Timeline

Ok, they didn't say he was approved, but what DID they say? Does your case have any red flags? Is your husband's name a common one in Tunisia?

Since administrative processing is common, have you checked your case online to see if it says "administrative processing'?

I'm sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine. Have you tried posting this in the regional forum for better answers?

They told him they'll call him when to pick up his passport because they needed to look over his applications (I'm assuming that means all the evidence). I'm not sure how common his name is but it might be. CEAC still says ready like it did before the interview. I've read all the embassy reviews for Tunis and haven't seen one like mine. Thank you for your sympathy! At least the people here know how annoying it is. Everyone else is like "oh...that sucks"

Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure how well this was covered in the US media, but it was big news in the UK and may be relevant re AP:

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to:

the Chaambi Mountain National Park area
the Tunisia-Algeria border crossing points at Ghardimaou, Hazoua and Sakiet Sidi Youssef
the militarized zone south of, but not including, the towns of El Borma and Dhehiba
within 5km of the Libya border area from north of Dhehiba up to but not including the Ras Ajdir border crossing
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to the rest of Tunisia.

Tour operators completed the departure of their remaining customers on 12 July. There are no further direct flights to the UK from Monastir or Enfidah airports. There are daily commercial flights from Tunis Carthage airport direct to London with Tunis Air, and indirect daily departures with European carriers. Contact your airline or travel company directly if you have an enquiry about your travel plans.

If you choose to remain in Tunisia then you should check that your insurance policy provides adequate cover. You should be especially vigilant and follow the advice of the Tunisian security authorities.

If you need consular assistance (above and beyond travel information) you should contact the British Embassy in Tunis.

There is a high threat from terrorism in Tunisia. A terrorist attack took place at Port El Kantaoui near Sousse on 26 June. Thirty eight foreign tourists were killed, including 30 British nationals. Further terrorist attacks are highly likely, including in tourist resorts, and by individuals unknown to the authorities whose actions may be inspired by terrorist groups via social media. You should be especially vigilant at this time and follow the advice of the Tunisian security authorities.

Since the attack in Sousse, we have been working closely with the Tunisian authorities to investigate the attack and the wider threat from terrorist groups in Tunisia. Although we have had good co-operation from the Tunisian government, including putting in place additional security measures, the intelligence and threat picture has developed considerably, reinforcing our view that a further terrorist attack is highly likely. On balance, we do not believe the mitigation measures in place provide adequate protection for British tourists in Tunisia at the present time.

On 4 July the Tunisian government announced it was reinstating the state of emergency, lifted in 2014, as part of its continuing response to the recent terrorist attacks. On 8 July the Tunisian Prime Minister stated publicly that further attacks are likely. The Tunisian authorities have increased their security measures but have also acknowledged the limitations in their ability to counter the current terrorist threat. See Terrorism

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Not sure how well this was covered in the US media, but it was big news in the UK and may be relevant re AP:

Thank you. I can see how this might tie into things... but the plot thickens. I got more details about what occurred during the interview. Things went south after one question, I'm banking on it. The CO asked him where does my mother live? Seems like a simple question, right? Well, I have two mothers. My aunt adopted me when I was 2, and she is now my legal mother. My birth mother is who my husband thought the CO was asking about and answered the wrong city (the city which my birth mother lives in). I can see how after answering that incorrectly, the CO didn't have much more questions because he must have thought my husband doesn't know much about me if he doesn't even know where my mom lives.

My husband said the CO was talking very fast, and using language to purposefully confuse him. He was so nervous the whole time. He also said that if I had went I wouldn't have been allowed inside because another couple tried and the husband had to wait outside.

So, knowing all this and seeing why my husband answered the way he did, should I write the embassy a letter to further explain and fix this confusion? I don't want a lot of time to pass before I start taking action.

PLEASE, someone help :(

Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You need to relax! As a general rule, Embasies wont take your passport unless they plan on granting the visa. The fact that they kept his passport is very likely a good thing.

Take a deep breath and wait to see what comes of this. You could end up making things worse if you try to fix something that isnt broken.

Good Luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

They need the passport to put the visa in it. Just be patient, there is nothing else you can do. Also your husband is not stupid. It is wise to not be ruled by emotions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.