Radvalve

6 days visa exspires now what :(

34 posts in this topic

First I want to say thanks to all of you that helps on this site, Its a great site that has alot of history and has helped alot!

Its been a very stressful last few months for many of us! lol

My fiancee had her medical on 2/9/15 and was told sputum needed so that delayed us a couple months, then after they give her the results they documented the expire date on july 22. Its not 6 months they cut us short a couple weeks and that makes all the difference in the world! I have no idea why?

We had to wait over 5 weeks just to get in for a embassy interview, then after she was approved just today she got a text from 2go!

She still has to do cfo, but when i go to there site to set up an appointment Friday and Monday are not available.

Shes not going to make it out in time, let alone if there is a issue at cfo, then finding a airline ticket might also be an issue!

So my question is what next?

Can someone guide us down the right path please? :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i say chase a 'squeeze in' for CFO, now, nowish. She'll have to go in person even to attempt it.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you can not find an opening on the appointment system, your only hope is as Darnell suggests - head down to CFO and hope for an empty seat.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2334:frequently-asked-questions-on-cfo-guidance-and-counseling-program&catid=110:frequently-asked-questions&Itemid=858

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

As Darnell and Hank have stated, have her go to CFO without the appointment and see if she can get a seat. She can plead her case to those at CFO as to her lateness and that the validity of the visa will expire soon all because of the medical she faced. Make sure she is well prepared. She needs to have self confidence and look the person in the eye when answering their questions. Be truthful. She needs to know a few things about you because they are "gotcha" questions and you want her to be prepared.

Here is a link for everything needed including the "gotcha" questions. http://tinyurl.com/p22pr4c

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

there's another option, and it's also a risk in terms of the calendar - but it's this.

since the person actually printing the K-1 stamp at the IV unit made this huge mistake, the visa stamp can be redone. It takes some effort and communication back to the IV Unit, writing the specifics of the error in a straightforward way so that it's clear to the human that will be reading your email. Also in the first part , the middle part and the last part of the email, write this, "USA Citizen/Vice-Consul emergency review required, PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL TO A VICE-CONSUL" as usually the folk responding to the emails are locals, workers with PI citizenship.

You'll need to preface it with something like this:

Seemingly there was a mistake done by the clerk that printed the K-1 visa stamp, he or she did not allocate the entire 6 month span from the medical issuance date for the expiration of the visa. We now have only 5 (or 4) days to finish up CFO and get an air ticket and leave the country enroute to the U.S.A. . I am requesting that the visa stamp be redone in an emergency basis, today, with walk-in to the IV Unit in the afternoon by <her name, her MNL #> , showing an expiration date 6 months from the medical exam date of 02/09/2015, off 08/07/2015. I understand it's just a few weeks, but these few weeks make all the difference in my fiance successfully arriving in the U.S.A.

Please put <her name, her MNL#> on the list of authorized entries with your security guard team first thing in the morning. Please call her at <her handphone number> as she will be waiting outside at 11:45 AM to check in with the security guard.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ok we will try. this is on cfo site, are the times true? I thought I read somewhere that they don't divide country's up, everyone just shows up at 5am then they fill slots, but maybe things have changed since that persons post?

United States of America

Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
(70 slots everyday)*

10:00 am - 12:00 nn

Tuesdays and Fridays
(70 slots everyday)*

2:00 pm - 4:00 pm

Timeline

cfo does schedule online - what i was suggesting was that she show up and beg, plead, to be let in without appointment.

Timeline

post #5 is about the IV Unit at USEM, not CFO.

CFO, to bed/plead, requires face to face and is risky (risky = lose a day or more)

Oh, I misunderstand, I understand now, thank you. This is SO STRESSFUL! lol

I dont think the embassy sets the expire date I think its saint lukes, because when she went there to get her sputum results they told her to leave the country by the 22nd.

But I think you know more about this then me, iam lost lol, so we will try.

Thanks

Ok she has everything she needs and I have her a hotel room set up and she will show up at CFO to beg and plead Monday.

(Now back to my original question), if she doesn't make it to the U.S on the 22nd when it expires what next?

I sure the heck hope we don't have to start all over with a I-129F!

After all, theres nothing she/we did wrong, saint lukes used up 2 months of time for sputum only to find out she doesn't have TB. Then they do not give the visa 6 months they cut her 2 weeks short of 6 months.

Then after June 10 interview with NO ISSUES she just yesterday gets her visa do to the embassy inability to print visas and them choosing to issue behind visas in the wrong order..lol

Any of you old timers here know or have came across this before?

Thanks for any help on this

Timeline

whats next? IV Unit visit ! ! !

Ok she has everything she needs and I have her a hotel room set up and she will show up at CFO to beg and plead Monday.

(Now back to my original question), if she doesn't make it to the U.S on the 22nd when it expires what next?

I sure the heck hope we don't have to start all over with a I-129F!

After all, theres nothing she/we did wrong, saint lukes used up 2 months of time for sputum only to find out she doesn't have TB. Then they do not give the visa 6 months they cut her 2 weeks short of 6 months.

Then after June 10 interview with NO ISSUES she just yesterday gets her visa do to the embassy inability to print visas and them choosing to issue behind visas in the wrong order..lol

Any of you old timers here know or have came across this before?

Thanks for any help on this

I have never heard of this. It does sound like an reasonable mistake, but of course bureaucracy gets in the way and all bets are off. I have not even heard of this but I only have been here for 3 years whereas Darnell, Apple and Hank have been here much much longer.

whats next? IV Unit visit ! ! !

Don't you think he should be dealing with the embassy and not CFO?

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

I plan on emailing them tonight, but after watching a link on you tube the embassy does not set visa expire date that is from medical, and they will not issue a visa with expired medical date.

She already went there a week ago to beg and plead for her visa, but they absolutely would not let her in or even entertain phone calls, I emailed them explaining the issue and she still has to do CFO and be in the U.S by the 22nd and stressing the urgency and to pleases respond back to my mail, as you might guess its 2 weeks and no response.

Iam assuming she will have to retake the medical and hopefully not the unnecessary sputum test again. Then i don't know if embassy will just want a fee and re-issue visa or make her go through the interview again, and that would suck because they have most of our documents so she might not have everything again!

From what ive seen there's a few others having the same visa expire issue do to the visa printing delay.

Iam just very surprised that as long as this site/forum has been running that there's not some pasts history on what had to be done.

Maybe there is and I just haven't found it yet! lol

Timeline

sorry, please reread what i wrote to you, you are missing 2 major things.

Don't you think he should be dealing with the embassy and not CFO?

sorry, you and I interpret 'next' to have two different meanings.

IV Unit = Embassy, fwiw.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.