Ja&Sa

Copy or Original translation of Birth Certificate

6 posts in this topic

Thinking ahead, my fiance is going to get several copies of his birth certificate to use for our marriage license and eventually AOS. SInce he will be getting a translation to take to his interview, my question is, can he make copies of that translation to use once he is here, or will it need to be an original translation?

​​event.png

event.png

monkey_80_anim_gif.gifmonkey_80_anim_gif.gif

s3ha3d.jpg

I sent the original translation with my package and I am taking copies with me at the interview.

They did say in the letter they sent us to bring originals and copies since they migh keep the originals if no cooies are abaine so I have 2 files with copies or the whole package I already sent.

I sent the original translation with my package and I am taking copies with me at the interview.

They did say in the letter they sent us to bring originals and copies since they migh keep the originals if no cooies are abaine so I have 2 files with copies or the whole package I already sent.

Ah, ok, thanks for the response. I know i'm thinking a little far ahead but we are trying to plan for what documents he should bring with him, so we aren't scrambling later trying to get them. :)

​​event.png

event.png

s3ha3d.jpg

It's good to have them ahead of time, saves a lot of headache.

In the letter, theydo requested the most recent w2s, bills, etc form the last 2 months...now, this migh be different but as an wxame of what else they might need.

I did several originals and translated copies/ helps to have them when visa is granted / you had to send an original to USCIS and many times NVC will ask for one/ he will get back at interview but what I am saying is get many as social security will want one, you will have to provide one for driving license and so many other things in the US. cover your butt

I did several originals and translated copies/ helps to have them when visa is granted / you had to send an original to USCIS and many times NVC will ask for one/ he will get back at interview but what I am saying is get many as social security will want one, you will have to provide one for driving license and so many other things in the US. cover your butt

This is very helpful to know. Thank you so much for the information :)

​​event.png

event.png

s3ha3d.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.