sung2408

Help!!! My i485/765 application rejected (I-130 still pending)

26 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

On the I-485, was a. checked off for Part 2? The I-130 does not have to be approved first.

The G-325A needs to have Status as Permanent Resident checked off. It is a requirement for each of you with the I-130, and for just you for the I-485.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas Progress Reports to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

For part 2, I checked 'a". I filled out the G325A as status permanent resident when submitting the I-485 as well.

We just got an RFE for G325A based on the i-130 for him to complete and we resent it already. We are awaiting this to be updated online

Was the i485 rejected because the NOA1 did not have preference classification?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that's what i think, so far !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

since they couldn't classify you based on the rfe , uscis just assumed that the petitioner wasn't a citizen, and sorted it out as a lpr holder that's why they mentioned priorty date.You can call them again and clarify everything to them saying you don't need to wait for a priority date since the petitioner is a citizen.

Edited by Dave1111

On the petitioners g-325a it should be checked "other: I-130 petition" and on the beneficiary's g-325a you can check "permanent resident"

When you return the RFE with proof of him being a USC, i suggest also sending the AOS paperwork again.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

i say don't call.

instead, write a letter of explanation, outlining exactly what the problem is with uscis, and claim that husband is uscitizen spouse.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

ug - forgot one thing, it's important on timing.

So, you sent of the RFE stuff yet on the I-130? yes? no ? if yes, check the USCIS status portal, there will be something to the effect that the evidence was received and / or normal processing will resume. When it changes to _that_ status, mail in the I-485 set again (with the cover letter I wrote of before) - it's a good indicator , and by the time the I-485 set hits the door, his status as a US Citizen will have been confirmed, so the next yahoo can review the I-485 and route it to the proper office, join it up with the I-130,

and then (and only then) ya wait...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

You should make an appointment to go into your local USCIS office. This should be easily taken care of by you visiting them in person .

You should make an appointment to go into your local USCIS office. This should be easily taken care of by you visiting them in person .

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

I did go into my local USCIS office and they said i should send the RFE asap to the california service center.

They also mentioned that if for some reason, I get another rejection that we should write a cover letter stating my husband is a US citizen while attaching a copy of his birth certificate and/or passport with the I-130 notice

The wait game begins to see if the 2nd submittal we sent would be accepted... I hope it would be..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.