maryab

K-1 visa prove to see each other

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

hello everybody,

I want to apply for k-1 visa for my fiancee. but I have a problem.

its a long time that I am leaving outside the US in the same country of my fiance. and now I'm coming back to US and I want to apply for my fiance for k-1 via, to get married in US. for proving that we see each other last two year, I do not have airline ticket or other these kinds of prove documents. now I don't know how to prove that we see each other and it's a long time we are in the same place. would you please help me what should I do and how should I prove?

Timeline

plane ticket

hotel reservation

any receipts

pictures

I do not have plane ticket or hotel reservation because its a long time that I'm living in the same country of my fiancee, and i'm coming back to US after 20 years.

I have a lot of picture with my fiancee. but I'm worried that pictures are not enough prove.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

well do you have proof of joint bank accounts a car you bought together etc?

event.png
United_States.gif:wub:Our Journey :wub:Belgium.gif

K1
Sent I-129F: June 9th, 2015
Received at Texas Lockbox: June 11th. Sent to CSC!
NOA1: (NOA1 date June 15th 2015) Hardcopy arrived June 20th 2015
NOA2: July 23rd! Hardcopy arrived July 27th 2015
Left NVC in transit to Brussels Embassy: August 17th 2015
Received at Brussels Embassy: August 21st, 2015
Package 3 sent: August 25th, 2015
Package 3 reveived: August 26th, 2015
Checklist sent back: August 27th, 2015
Medical Appointment in Antwerp: August 27th, 2015 and August 31st, 2015
Received Package 4: September 11th, 2015
Interview: September 17th, 2015 : APPROVED!!!
POE: October 25th, 3.55pm 2015 at Washington Dulles Airport.
Wedding Courthouse: November 24th, 2015. (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family US: April 2nd 2016 (L)
Wedding ceremony and reception for friends and family Belgium: October 8th 2016 (L)

AoS

Filed for AoS: June 17th 2016

Package arrived: June 20th 2016 8.05 AM

Check Cashed: June 25th 2016

Texts and e-mails NOA1: June 28th, 10.30 PM

Hardcopy NOA1`s: July 2nd

Biometrics letter: July 8th.

Biometrics appointment: July 20th, 11 AM, Charlotte, NC

Early walk-in Biometrics: July 14th!

Approved: 2016/10/28 (no interview)

Greencard received: November 5th 2016. (Wrong country of birth: USA)

RoC

Filed: 10/22/2018

Package arrived: 10/23 2:40PM

Package picked up: 10/24/2018 3:54AM.

NOA1: 10/26/2018

Text and e-mail: 10/29/2018

Check cashed: 10/30/2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Maryab

Well you are in a very good position to apply for the K1 visa. Since you've been with your fiance for over 2 years at the same place you have a lot of phone conversations, what'sapp, text messages, receipt,movies tickets, receipt of anything you've bought for him or receipt of anything he has bought for you and other stuff your can use us prove. Do you still have your plane ticket for your first visit? Also provide your return ticket.

In your I-129F Supplement - Part 2, Question 19. You can explain how you meet your fiancé and how long you have been together.

Timeline

Hi Maryab

Well you are in a very good position to apply for the K1 visa. Since you've been with your fiance for over 2 years at the same place you have a lot of phone conversations, what'sapp, text messages, receipt,movies tickets, receipt of anything you've bought for him or receipt of anything he has bought for you and other stuff your can use us prove. Do you still have your plane ticket for your first visit? Also provide your return ticket.

In your I-129F Supplement - Part 2, Question 19. You can explain how you meet your fiancé and how long you have been together.

thanks you for your answer.

unfortunately I do not have my first coming to Iran ticket. I have other things that you mentioned, but all of these are in another language (in Persian) should I translate them to English? and these kind of documents are enough?

Do you have any documents for apartment/house rental, local cell phone to show you're in that country, showing that you live in the same country that she does.

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Timeline

Do you have any documents for apartment/house rental, local cell phone to show you're in that country, showing that you live in the same country that she does.

ye I have but all the document are in Persian, should I translate them to English? I was studying in this country and I have my BS.c diploma from university in this country

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

thanks you for your answer.

unfortunately I do not have my first coming to Iran ticket. I have other things that you mentioned, but all of these are in another language (in Persian) should I translate them to English? and these kind of documents are enough?

Hi

You can find information about translating your document to english here http://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/submitting-supporting-documentation

Yes these documents are enough. If USCIS needs any additional documents, they will send you a mail requesting for additional evidence "-I-129F RFE". Which will delay the processing time. It is best to add any document which will support your petition.

I have attached a checklist document to help you with your submission. Please fill the document and add it as a cover letter when submitting your documents. Arrange your documents in that order so that it makes it very easy for USCIS to check your documents.

USCIS receives a lot of submissions each day and you don't want your documents to be delayed because the submission was not organized or done well

Cover_Letter_for_I-129F.doc

Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Timeline

Hi

You can find information about translating your document to english here http://www.uscis.gov/forms/file-my-application-online-e-filing/submitting-supporting-documentation

Yes these documents are enough. If USCIS needs any additional documents, they will send you a mail requesting for additional evidence "-I-129F RFE". Which will delay the processing time. It is best to add any document which will support your petition.

I have attached a checklist document to help you with your submission. Please fill the document and add it as a cover letter when submitting your documents. Arrange your documents in that order so that it makes it very easy for USCIS to check your documents.

USCIS receives a lot of submissions each day and you don't want your documents to be delayed because the submission was not organized or done well

thank you for your help :)

We were in this situation too as he moved to my country from the U.S. When he was 5 years old, we used apartment rental contracts, utility bills that had both our names on them and as we had been dating for 12 years a series of photographs where you could see us getting older.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Also, one thing you have to think about is the affidavit of support, copy of your tax returns, even if you will have an sponsor you need the tax returns, or the waiver to file... sometimes the people come back before, settle, get jobs and stuff to be able to sponsor the visa and receive the k1 holder. Good luck in your journey:)

I love you Charles forever!!

! dveMm6.png

N-400 Waiting to be schedule for Oath Ceremony 

Timeline

We were in this situation too as he moved to my country from the U.S. When he was 5 years old, we used apartment rental contracts, utility bills that had both our names on them and as we had been dating for 12 years a series of photographs where you could see us getting older.

thank a lot. would you please explain more about your situation and other things that you give them to prove. we have been dating for 4 years and we have a lot of picture. but we do not have apartment contract or utility bills. but we have joint account, does it work? what else can I use to prove that we saw each other?

we were studying in the same university, does it work? or airline ticket to a trip with each other?

what did you do for affidavit of support? having a US citizen sponsor is enough? did your fiancee paid tax?

thanks a lot for your help

Timeline

Also, one thing you have to think about is the affidavit of support, copy of your tax returns, even if you will have an sponsor you need the tax returns, or the waiver to file... sometimes the people come back before, settle, get jobs and stuff to be able to sponsor the visa and receive the k1 holder. Good luck in your journey:)

I have an sponsor who is a US citizen and he paid tax, is it enough or it need anything more than this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.