emrich999

Sputum test slec

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

unfortunately, i just went to slec today and was instructed to undergo sputum test on july 22 23 and 24... i was so sad i almost cry, i have to ask the nurse, do you have a case where a chubby person can have tuberculosis?, she replied that they just found a suspicious thing on my x ray so i have to undergo sputum test.. i have GERD/ACID REFLUX Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), or in simpler terms im acidic. Is it possible thats what they saw. im really worried now if i really have tuberculosis. this is so frustrating.

Timeline

unfortunately, i just went to slec today and was instructed to undergo sputum test on july 22 23 and 24... i was so sad i almost cry, i have to ask the nurse, do you have a case where a chubby person can have tuberculosis?, she replied that they just found a suspicious thing on my x ray so i have to undergo sputum test.. i have GERD/ACID REFLUX Laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), or in simpler terms im acidic. Is it possible thats what they saw. im really worried now if i really have tuberculosis. this is so frustrating.

they may have find a small spot on your lungs but it doesn't mean you have tuberculosis. They will undergo you to 3-day sputum test, if it is negative, they will wait for the culture, it may take 2 months. And if it is positive with TB they will start you with the treatment.

if your are negative, it will delay you about 2months for the visa processing, if positive it will delay you from 6months to a year. They will just make sure you don't have tuberculosis.

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you ever had pneumonia? My husband had it really bad as a child, and he had a lung x-ray for Canadian immigration and they thought he had TB.Apparently it can leave a lot of scar tissue. The sputum test cleared it up. :)

Try to keep calm until you know whether or not to panic

*Just noticed this was posted in the Philippines forum, I saw it on the front page and didn't pay attention. :blush:

Edited by B-2-Z

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Timeline

Have you ever had pneumonia? My husband had it really bad as a child, and he had a lung x-ray for Canadian immigration and they thought he had TB.Apparently it can leave a lot of scar tissue. The sputum test cleared it up. :)

Try to keep calm until you know whether or not to panic

*Just noticed this was posted in the Philippines forum, I saw it on the front page and didn't pay attention. :blush:

nope i never had pneumonia. but i suffered acid reflux where you can cough when acid goes back to your throat. and thats it..

i will try to keep calm.. but it was really disappointing..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Acid reflex has nothing to do with your lungs. ;)

They will do SPUTUM collecting during those three days, hopefully you will go all 60 days afterwards WITHOUT hearing from SLEC... hearing from them early means you have TB. Then it is 6 months of DOT.

If you are found to have TB be glad it was found as TB kills and is highly contagious.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Acid reflex has nothing to do with your lungs. ;)

They will do SPUTUM collecting during those three days, hopefully you will go all 60 days afterwards WITHOUT hearing from SLEC... hearing from them early means you have TB. Then it is 6 months of DOT.

If you are found to have TB be glad it was found as TB kills and is highly contagious.

thanks but thats only im expecting them to see. i experience coughing without phlegm for a week last year and i was given antacid meds by my doctor and suspected it was just GERD. I get better after 1 week but i always felt mucus on my throat and burping a lot everytime i eat any acidic foods. its just hard to accept that you are subject for sputum when you really feel youre healthy.. im really praying it will all went negative.

thanks but thats only im expecting them to see. i experience coughing without phlegm for a week last year and i was given antacid meds by my doctor and suspected it was just GERD. I get better after 1 week but i always felt mucus on my throat and burping a lot everytime i eat any acidic foods. its just hard to accept that you are subject for sputum when you really feel youre healthy.. im really praying it will all went negative.

This is disappointing for you. But, you have to be strong. There are so many that have come through here with the same worries as you and in the end their attitude is always positive as they have successfully gotten beyond these steps and have received their visa and were able to move on.

Stay positive and follow their instructions very carefully. You don't want to do something that will hinder your progress.

Come back and let us all know your accomplishments, we'd like to know.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks Greenbaum and Hank!

I just finish my sputum test last July 22, 23 and 24, and pulmonary evaluation July 28. and here is my experience.

I got my results July 17, the first day i learn i have to undergo sputum test due to x ray, im really sad while calling my fiancee to deliver the bad news.

Aside from learning that its a 2 month delay process, im worrying if i really do have tuberculosis. I read some forums here where they were perfectly healthy but still they are positive in tuberculosis. Whew! thats 6months delay because they will require you to undergo DOT treatment (6months) at slec only.

I guess most people are upset on sputum test because its out of our control and we just need to follow. But the only powerful weapon we can do is

PRAY PRAY PRAY.

Day 1: i arrive 5:15am at slec and goes straight to the left side of the building where i notice most people are wearing masks. I handed my yellow slip and passport, guard scan my yellow slip and gave me a number, i was 49. i met a fellow k1 applicant seated before me who will undergo sputum test for the 2nd time since her medical expired while waiting for her police clearance from other country. i ask her what did they saw in your x ray, she said based on her pulmonary evaluation last year, they just saw 2 small dots on her x ray and thats it. Honestly, i worry less after seeing a lot of people undergoing sputum test, makes me feel im not alone with this delay. She said there are many people now compare the last time she undergo sputum test. She was my guide during the process, she told me, those people which is not in line wearing face mask with white folded card are under DOT already. Based on my observation, most are old but there are young ones like 4year old and some really look perfectly healthy. All i can say is, with or without symptoms of tuberculosis, any types of people can have it.

Before 6 am, the ground floor is getting crowded, they have to transfer us to the 4th floor while waiting for our turn. My seatmate told me that sputum test and DOT are held on the rooftop and theres no CR there so better use CR on the ground floor. Elevator call us by batch (30-40) then (40-50) and so on. On the rooftop, people in line near the elevator are under DOT, while on the other side are people under sputum test. Some people who are on their second day, advise me that i really have to cough something even i dont have a cough or else they will still ask you to cough and cough.

During sputum test, you will handover the yellow slip and passport, one girl, will just ask you the state your name and take off your mask and put it back (maybe to check if youre the right person). There are ready glasses of water where you are require to gargle and wait for another person to take you to the cubicle. I maybe finish around 5minutes but before that the nurse still ask me to cough 2 consecutive times before she took my sputum sample.

They took my yellow slip and replace it with a white one where it indicates the date of the remaining 2 sputum days. But before i leave, i ask the nurse how much percentage chances that people undergoing sputum test is tuberculosis positive, she replied just a small percentage. Happy to hear it and i was done exactly at 7 am.

Day 2: I arrived 5 25 am, my number is 38 this time, it was the same routine as day 1. but lesser people. During the sputum test, one guy lost his passport yesterday so i advise everyone to make sure you have your passport before and after leaving slec. i was done before 7 am

Day 3: I arrived 5:30 am, my number is 27, much lesser people, maybe because its friday most are on the last day. But this time they took the white slip and replace with another white slip with my scheduled pulmonary evaluation. They instruct me that i can enter the main entrance building and just go to the 2nd floor. i was done before 7am.

Pulmonary Evaluation:

My pulmonary evaluation was scheduled 9:30 but i still wanna go early since im living outside metro manila and dont like traffic. I arrived 5:45 am the guard near the stairs stamped my hand and took my slip. I notice im the 3rd slip on his desk, i guess the guard took the slip only for early birds like me but normally the nurse on the 2nd floor will took it. When i went straight to the pulmonary evaluation 2nd floor, there are only 4 old people waiting already and no one is wearing a face mask. While waiting, one woman arrive with one travel bag and seems like sad. After few minutes, i try to make a conversation with her, she said, slec called on the 4th week of sputum culture and she was positive, i try to comfort her and say, everything happens for a reason, we just have to accept it and follow GODs will. Its kind of frustrating because its out of our control and all we have to do is to follow. like most say, HEALTH IS WEALTH. She told me she never have any symptoms but she notice loss of weight and thats it. She also share her friends experience where she never receive any calls during 8th week period but when she went to slec she found out shes positive and slec couldnt contact her during those times and just waited her to call. now thats a very sad experience, right? Hope it wont happen to anyone of us anymore.

Pulmonary evaluation starts 8 am and nurse start giving face mask, i was number 3, like everyone else share, it is divided into two sets A and B. A is for first time pulmonary evaluation i guess, while B is under DOT. My number is A3. i was called around 8:50. doctor ask me questions if i have any tuberculosis symptoms and ask if have previous x ray which i dont have. She ask my name, birthday, educational attainment, work and ask twice if i really dont have any previous x ray. After the questioning, she showed me my xray and told me they found abnormalities on my right lung thats (i dont see any remarkable difference on it but i just said ok) and this why i have to undergo sputum test. she show me the yellow slip where theres a stamp of sputum smear negative (Praise God, its negative) and explain to me that i have to wait 8 weeks for sputum culture. She handed me my folder and instructed to give it to the nurse. Nurse handed me a white slip stating when sputum culture ends and when to call for the results. She also told me that my medical expires december and if all goes well i have to leave before on that date.

I was done around 9am.

I was really nervous and worried about this sputum test. I dont want anymore delays. But i believe everything happens for a reason.

The effect of sputum test made me more aware about tuberculosis and made me closer to God. Sputum test is out of our control and the powerful weapon we can do is PRAY PRAY PRAY. I was holding my rosary during my pulmonary evaluation and thank God a lot after receiving the good news.

This sputum test had taught me to even pray the rosary everyday! yep.. On times like this, God is our only Hope. Just Have Faith in God.

Now waiting begins.

I just finish my sputum test last July 22, 23 and 24, and pulmonary evaluation July 28. and here is my experience.

I got my results July 17, the first day i learn i have to undergo sputum test due to x ray, im really sad while calling my fiancee to deliver the bad news.

Aside from learning that its a 2 month delay process, im worrying if i really do have tuberculosis. I read some forums here where they were perfectly healthy but still they are positive in tuberculosis. Whew! thats 6months delay because they will require you to undergo DOT treatment (6months) at slec only.

I guess most people are upset on sputum test because its out of our control and we just need to follow. But the only powerful weapon we can do is

PRAY PRAY PRAY.

Day 1: i arrive 5:15am at slec and goes straight to the left side of the building where i notice most people are wearing masks. I handed my yellow slip and passport, guard scan my yellow slip and gave me a number, i was 49. i met a fellow k1 applicant seated before me who will undergo sputum test for the 2nd time since her medical expired while waiting for her police clearance from other country. i ask her what did they saw in your x ray, she said based on her pulmonary evaluation last year, they just saw 2 small dots on her x ray and thats it. Honestly, i worry less after seeing a lot of people undergoing sputum test, makes me feel im not alone with this delay. She said there are many people now compare the last time she undergo sputum test. She was my guide during the process, she told me, those people which is not in line wearing face mask with white folded card are under DOT already. Based on my observation, most are old but there are young ones like 4year old and some really look perfectly healthy. All i can say is, with or without symptoms of tuberculosis, any types of people can have it.

Before 6 am, the ground floor is getting crowded, they have to transfer us to the 4th floor while waiting for our turn. My seatmate told me that sputum test and DOT are held on the rooftop and theres no CR there so better use CR on the ground floor. Elevator call us by batch (30-40) then (40-50) and so on. On the rooftop, people in line near the elevator are under DOT, while on the other side are people under sputum test. Some people who are on their second day, advise me that i really have to cough something even i dont have a cough or else they will still ask you to cough and cough.

During sputum test, you will handover the yellow slip and passport, one girl, will just ask you the state your name and take off your mask and put it back (maybe to check if youre the right person). There are ready glasses of water where you are require to gargle and wait for another person to take you to the cubicle. I maybe finish around 5minutes but before that the nurse still ask me to cough 2 consecutive times before she took my sputum sample.

They took my yellow slip and replace it with a white one where it indicates the date of the remaining 2 sputum days. But before i leave, i ask the nurse how much percentage chances that people undergoing sputum test is tuberculosis positive, she replied just a small percentage. Happy to hear it and i was done exactly at 7 am.

Day 2: I arrived 5 25 am, my number is 38 this time, it was the same routine as day 1. but lesser people. During the sputum test, one guy lost his passport yesterday so i advise everyone to make sure you have your passport before and after leaving slec. i was done before 7 am

Day 3: I arrived 5:30 am, my number is 27, much lesser people, maybe because its friday most are on the last day. But this time they took the white slip and replace with another white slip with my scheduled pulmonary evaluation. They instruct me that i can enter the main entrance building and just go to the 2nd floor. i was done before 7am.

Pulmonary Evaluation:

My pulmonary evaluation was scheduled 9:30 but i still wanna go early since im living outside metro manila and dont like traffic. I arrived 5:45 am the guard near the stairs stamped my hand and took my slip. I notice im the 3rd slip on his desk, i guess the guard took the slip only for early birds like me but normally the nurse on the 2nd floor will took it. When i went straight to the pulmonary evaluation 2nd floor, there are only 4 old people waiting already and no one is wearing a face mask. While waiting, one woman arrive with one travel bag and seems like sad. After few minutes, i try to make a conversation with her, she said, slec called on the 4th week of sputum culture and she was positive, i try to comfort her and say, everything happens for a reason, we just have to accept it and follow GODs will. Its kind of frustrating because its out of our control and all we have to do is to follow. like most say, HEALTH IS WEALTH. She told me she never have any symptoms but she notice loss of weight and thats it. She also share her friends experience where she never receive any calls during 8th week period but when she went to slec she found out shes positive and slec couldnt contact her during those times and just waited her to call. now thats a very sad experience, right? Hope it wont happen to anyone of us anymore.

Pulmonary evaluation starts 8 am and nurse start giving face mask, i was number 3, like everyone else share, it is divided into two sets A and B. A is for first time pulmonary evaluation i guess, while B is under DOT. My number is A3. i was called around 8:50. doctor ask me questions if i have any tuberculosis symptoms and ask if have previous x ray which i dont have. She ask my name, birthday, educational attainment, work and ask twice if i really dont have any previous x ray. After the questioning, she showed me my xray and told me they found abnormalities on my right lung thats (i dont see any remarkable difference on it but i just said ok) and this why i have to undergo sputum test. she show me the yellow slip where theres a stamp of sputum smear negative (Praise God, its negative) and explain to me that i have to wait 8 weeks for sputum culture. She handed me my folder and instructed to give it to the nurse. Nurse handed me a white slip stating when sputum culture ends and when to call for the results. She also told me that my medical expires december and if all goes well i have to leave before on that date.

I was done around 9am.

I was really nervous and worried about this sputum test. I dont want anymore delays. But i believe everything happens for a reason.

The effect of sputum test made me more aware about tuberculosis and made me closer to God. Sputum test is out of our control and the powerful weapon we can do is PRAY PRAY PRAY. I was holding my rosary during my pulmonary evaluation and thank God a lot after receiving the good news.

This sputum test had taught me to even pray the rosary everyday! yep.. On times like this, God is our only Hope. Just Have Faith in God.

Now waiting begins.

Thanks for returning and sharing your experience. Keep your feet on the ground and keep looking up as someone is looking down on you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

PRAY PRAY PRAY.

Pulmonary Evaluation:

I was done around 9am.

Now waiting begins.

Everything happens for a reason.. just hold on to HIM and everything will be fine..During xray for me thats my biggest miracle in life... I already told you had granuloma but was cleared during xray and really was expecting for sputum test but instead vaccinations.. God is good.. I know you will have your vaccination after 8wks.. Godbless emrich.

May 4, 2014 Met Online

August 21- September 2, 2014 Fiance First Trip to the Philippines

November 13- 25, 2014 Fiance Second Trip to the Philippines

November 16, 2014 Got Engaged

December 14- January 14, 2015 Fiance Third Trip to the Philippines

February 5, 2015 Submit 1-129 petition

February 12, 2015 NOA 1

May 7, 2015 NOA 2 (Approved)

June 3-4, 2015 Medical (Passed)

June 25- July 15, 2015 Fiance Fourth Trip to the Philippines

June 26, 2015 Interview (Passed)

July 8, 2015 Visa Issued

July 11, 2015 Visa on Hand

July 15, 2015 POE Chicago O'Hare Airport

" To God be the Glory"

Timeline

Everything happens for a reason.. just hold on to HIM and everything will be fine..During xray for me thats my biggest miracle in life... I already told you had granuloma but was cleared during xray and really was expecting for sputum test but instead vaccinations.. God is good.. I know you will have your vaccination after 8wks.. Godbless emrich.

Thanks much Chedan, i guess i met you for a reason too. and thats to make me aware of this sputum test.

im really staying positive and praying. Godbless too.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have gerd and kept on coughing too. My xrays are clear. Will that trigger my results? I mean should they see something on my xray or they will have me a sputum test based on my gerd?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.