dhenz91

Entered USA as LPR under F2A, Have Not Received My Green Card Yet, Need To Travel Outside USA, WHAT TO DO?

19 posts in this topic

Not sure filing an I-90 was the right way to go, unless you were specifically advised by USCIS to do this.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi! i undergone same situation last year. two things i can suggest to you,

step 1 : go to this link https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.doenter your receipt number (you can find it on the receipt were you pay for the $165 immigrant fee)

in that link, you can track the status of your card :) stay updated

if you cant find any receipt number, just get infopass to schedule an appointment to the nearest USCIS OFFICE in there all of your questions will be answered.

GOODLUCK! happy vacation in advance kababayan :joy:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

coupla things:

1. that I-551 thingie is good for 1 year from POE date - not six months (as you stated)

2. although you paid the fee at ELIS - what's the ELIS status?

3. check the ELIS topic in the General Immigration sub-forum

4. do you not live at the address saved in the DS-260 ? this causes the biggest problem with ELIS and USCIS.

There's a receipt # at ELIS. Take that receipt #, get into your USCIS account, add the receipt number into your case (s ) , then you can see shipping status there, as well as any usps tracking number. then grab the usps tracking number and see what happened at usps.com in the tracking section. it may be that it was shipped to an address and returned to TSC.

This what it says when I checked the status online. I haven't received the notice in the mail yet. I asked my attorney, he said he got it yesterday. Didn't know what the notice was all about yet..

Request for Initial Evidence Notice Was Mailed

On June 27, 2015, we suspended processing of your case, Receipt Number ***************, because we need more information from you. Your notice explains what we need from you to resume work on your case. We will not take action on your case until we receive the evidence or the deadline to submit it expires. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your request for initial evidence notice by July 27, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

This is the Receipt # Status. This what concerns me coz the suspension of the process will just delay everything. And we know how long the regular process is, how much more if it gets more delayed, right? So I would just probably make an InfoPass appointment, but I will also inform my attorney regarding me getting and Infopass Appt. Atleast we're both on the same page.

Edited by dhenz91

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.