dhenz91

Entered USA as LPR under F2A, Have Not Received My Green Card Yet, Need To Travel Outside USA, WHAT TO DO?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I would like to voice out my concern. I entered USA last year October 2014 as a Legal Permanent Resident under F2A category petitioned by my mom. Till now I have not received my Green Card yet. I've read a post through Google that you can travel with a current I-551 tamp in your Passport which is usually valid for six from the time you entered the US. My stamp is expired already. So do I have to get a new current I-551 stamp? Would this guarantee me a secure travel outside USA?

We already have applied for I-90 four months ago but the process takes so long. I am traveling outside USA to Philippines this coming November 2015 and I'm afraid that I might still not receive the physical green card by that time. So I need a back-up plan just in case i wouldn't receive my card yet. What do I need to do to enable me a secure travel outside USA? It wont take more than 6 months. Please I need help and advices.

-dhenz91

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~duplicate post removed~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

~duplicate post removed~

I have read a lot of post related to mine but not as same as mine. Coz other's situations is more like they already have a GC but had just expired, or they still have an unexpired immigrant visa or unexpired I-551 stamps on their passports.

Mine is I have expired immigrant visa and expired I-551 stamp on my passport. And i have NEVER received my Green Card ever yet.. I don't know what's the reason for the delay and that what worries me. What are the possible reasons why Green Cards are being delayed?? That I dont know. I would more relieved if my Greencard was just expired or I lost it myself, atleast I had it once. But on my situation, I never had it.

Timeline

Okay.

You need to schedule an infopass and get a new i551 stamp on your passport.

I filed i90 as well and it took 6 mos to get the new GC. You can check my signature for the timeline.

Are you done with the biometrics already?

Timeline

Okay.

You need to schedule an infopass and get a new i551 stamp on your passport.

I filed i90 as well and it took 6 mos to get the new GC. You can check my signature for the timeline.

Are you done with the biometrics already?

Biometrics?? Im not sure. Isn't that where they take your fingerprints??

When I arrived at LAX, after I went though the immigration Officer where they check my docs, and then after we had to wait in for another office to check and interview and take our fingerprints. Was that it or not?

I already have my Socials and Driver's License.. The only time I had fingerprinting here in US was when I arrived at the port of entry, and when I had Live Scan Fingerprinting for my my Board Application.

Timeline

As far as I know and from all the i90 threads I've seen here on VJ, new biometrics is required.

I think you need that infopass ASAP.

Timeline

As far as I know and from all the i90 threads I've seen here on VJ, new biometrics is required.

I think you need that infopass ASAP.

Okay. I think I'm gonna surely do that. I Still have 4 months to get everything I need so that I could travel out of US. Thanks

Timeline

Good luck and keep this thread updated.

I surely will. I think I'm gonna ask my Attorney about this. I really need to make sure that I wouldn't have any problems in entering back here to US if I go out of country.

Timeline

When you enter with an immigrant visa, the visa turns into an I-551 valid for 1 year from the date of entry. So you still have a valid I-551.

I entered Oct.11, 2014, it will expire this coming October 11, 2015.. But I will be traveling on Nov. 30, 2015.. Might as well consider it expired :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

As others have said, make an infopass appointment to get to the bottom of it. You attorney won't have anything different to tell you. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

coupla things:

1. that I-551 thingie is good for 1 year from POE date - not six months (as you stated)

2. although you paid the fee at ELIS - what's the ELIS status?

3. check the ELIS topic in the General Immigration sub-forum

4. do you not live at the address saved in the DS-260 ? this causes the biggest problem with ELIS and USCIS.

There's a receipt # at ELIS. Take that receipt #, get into your USCIS account, add the receipt number into your case (s ) , then you can see shipping status there, as well as any usps tracking number. then grab the usps tracking number and see what happened at usps.com in the tracking section. it may be that it was shipped to an address and returned to TSC.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.