Angelthebear

Need some advise on job offer

8 posts in this topic

I managed to find a job 5 weeks from my job searching, should be expecting to start work by end of this month pending completion of my back ground check and taking of finger print , I did received a letter offer from them and I had signed for it.

My problem is out of the 5 job that I had applied, 2 job came back said not successful , one interview done but pending final confirmation from the manager . Today I received a phone call from another company said they re-open an position , ask me whether I am keen to apply for that . Honestly speaking this last two position that pending and re-open is something I hope to work , the position that I accepted is an entry level work with lower pay . I took the position because others told me to get in the entry first

What should I do? Should I carry on for the first job or should I apply for this re-open position ? If I turn down the first job now, what will be the impact on me? will they black list me ?

Filed: Timeline

It's really up to you on what you want to do. If you don't want the first job, you can rescind the letter of acceptance. By doing this though, you could potentially lose both jobs since the second job is asking if you would reapply rather than just offering you the position.

The first job probably would "blacklist" you from their organization, unless you gave them a compelling reason for rescinding the job offer.

You will have to make a decision that is in your best interest, and of course live with the outcome. Best of luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It a roll of the dice if you ask me. Of course if you decline the job offer they will more than likely blackball you, but in reality it shouldn't mean much.

If it were me I would keep job hunting and go for the job you really want....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

i don't think you'd be black-listed on an entry-level position at a company.

You can simply contact HR and tell them that you found gainful employment in your field and at your level of expertise, matching your background.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you Umka36 & VOL for your kind input.

Thank you Darnell for your advise , I will go ahead to apply for the re-open job and see how it goes because is really something I hope to work for .

MOP, please don't delete my post , a little out topic

p/s: Darnell , I always remember you talk about Laksa and curry fish head....lol..I can't cook this two dishes but I do cook Hainanese chicken rice, sweet and sour pork, wanton noodle and fried kway teoh ..etc..in US ( got pic too :goofy: )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

well, maybe morph a bit and make mee rhebus ? or hokkien mee? mmmmmmm

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...

I managed to find a job 5 weeks from my job searching, should be expecting to start work by end of this month pending completion of my back ground check and taking of finger print , I did received a letter offer from them and I had signed for it.

My problem is out of the 5 job that I had applied, 2 job came back said not successful , one interview done but pending final confirmation from the manager . Today I received a phone call from another company said they re-open an position , ask me whether I am keen to apply for that . Honestly speaking this last two position that pending and re-open is something I hope to work , the position that I accepted is an entry level work with lower pay . I took the position because others told me to get in the entry first

What should I do? Should I carry on for the first job or should I apply for this re-open position ? If I turn down the first job now, what will be the impact on me? will they black list me ?

Hi, have you finished the background check? How long did it take for you to complete it? Thank you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.