jessacott

MTL Packet 3

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to start this off by saying that for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to post this to a Canada only, maybe even Montreal Embassy only forum, so...sorry, eh?

On the 23rd of June, my visa status was updated as "Ready" visa the CEAC website Visa Application status check. I e-mailed the requirements for Packet 3 on the 1st of July. About five days following, I noticed a typing error in the e-mail that I had sent, and contacted the Montreal Embassy through their online inquiry form in regards to the error, asking if I needed to send it again or if I was okay to expect the Packet 4. They responded and said that my case was still in transit. This worried me, as the CEAC website had shown it to be "Ready". I waited, and checked the status again on the 8th of July and I noticed that the status still read "Ready" but the date had been updated from the 23rd of June, to the 8th of July.

My questions is... Do I reach out and contact the Embassy in regards to this update again, to see if they can send me Packet 4? Or do I just sit tight and wait? I feel like other VJ'ers who have gone through Montreal have seen a bit quicker turn around time than us and I am itching to schedule that interview so I can get the medical in order and finally have some sort of countdown to look forward to!

Perhaps a question that has answered itself, and if that's the case, I just need someone to tell me that they've been through the same thing, and everything worked out, or that I have screwed up and x,y,z are the steps to take.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I want to ask, did you received any email after you sent packet 3, or are you still waiting? My packet 3 was sent in march and I received an email the next day saying I was allowed to pay the IV fees and schedule an interview.

I never received a packet 4 in Physical copy, it was a link provided if an email also. I pasted some of it down below, but it States packet 4, appointement letter at the end. I had to contact the consulate to make sure that was it.

I would suggest you try to contact the consulate again and include your montreal case number but also the DS-160 confirmation number

Dear ****, LYNE:

This office has completed the review of the below-referenced immigrant visa case. You are now ready for an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal, where all interviews for immigration to the US from Canada are processed. This letter provides information on the next steps you must take to continue with your immigrant visa case.

Schedule your visa interview appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com to obtain information online or via telephone concerning scheduling an interview appointment for you and those family members included in the petition. If you have not previously registered your information and selected a Loomis courier location on this website, please do so now.

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me :)

August 2011: Started talking to Brian
June 1st, 2012: Started dating (L)
July 29th 2012: Saw each other for the first time, met Family
August 2013: Got engaged
July 2014: Sent 1-129F petition
July 29th, 2014: Received NOA1.
February 5th, 2015: NOA2!
April 16th, 2015: Medical in Montréal
May 15th, 2015; Interview- APPROVED!
June 22nd, 2015: POE at Champlain Border

September 4th, 2015: Wedding! :dancing:

AOS/EAD/AP

February 20th, 2016: AOS/EAD/AP Package sent! (Received 2/25, yay for USPS delays!)

March 4th, 2016: NOA 1 for all 3 applications

March 11th, 2016: Hardcopies with all 3 receipt Numbers received

March 30th, 2016: Biometrics (as a code 2, Maybe have to go again?)

April 25th, 2016: Walk in for the SECOND Biometrics appoinment (Code 3 this time, Officer was not the happiest but told us to come back at noon and he'd let us in.)

May 16th, 2016: Submitted Service Request for I-765

June 8th, 2016: Called USCIS concerning delay, officer put another request in and said the previous one would like be ignored as it was created through their website.

June 21st, 2016: Contacted both NY Senators.

July 1st, 2016: RFIE for I-485.

July 8th, 2016; Sent Evidence Requested by USCIS. (Received July 13th)

July 15th, 2016; Emergency Advance Parole due to Family Emergency

July 27th, 2016; Contacted USCIS Ombudsman as my I-765 has been pending for 5 months.

July 30th,2016; EAD/AP have been approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

I want to ask, did you received any email after you sent packet 3, or are you still waiting? My packet 3 was sent in march and I received an email the next day saying I was allowed to pay the IV fees and schedule an interview.

I never received a packet 4 in Physical copy, it was a link provided if an email also. I pasted some of it down below, but it States packet 4, appointement letter at the end. I had to contact the consulate to make sure that was it.

I would suggest you try to contact the consulate again and include your montreal case number but also the DS-160 confirmation number

Dear ****, LYNE:

This office has completed the review of the below-referenced immigrant visa case. You are now ready for an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal, where all interviews for immigration to the US from Canada are processed. This letter provides information on the next steps you must take to continue with your immigrant visa case.

Schedule your visa interview appointment

Please visit http://canada.usvisa-info.com to obtain information online or via telephone concerning scheduling an interview appointment for you and those family members included in the petition. If you have not previously registered your information and selected a Loomis courier location on this website, please do so now.

You must have the Passport Number, Date of Birth, Nationality, MTL case number, and visa category for each applicant (principal applicant and all family members, including children) ready in order to access the website. When prompted to select “Trip Purpose”, you must choose ‘Permanently Immigrate to the US.’ After entering your information, you will be prompted to select an appointment time for you and your family.

If you have any other questions, feel free to message me :)

Thank you for your quick, and super helpful, response! It is much appreciated!

When I sent the Packet 3 requirements via e-mail I did not receive any correspondence back, which is what prompted me to review what I had sent and submit the inquiry through the online form. I will contact the Consulate again right now and try to better explain the situation, and hope I am able to get things sorted from here! :)

Thank you again!

~~moved to Canada regional forum from K1 process and procedures as OP indicates in first post they'd like in the Canada forum.~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.