menina

K1 visa in Peru

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm asking for a friend of mine. The K1 visa has been on hold at the Lima embassay pending medical information from the doctor. Today when he inquired about the visa status, he was told that Lima no longer processes K1 visas and that this changed as of last week. Is that information accurate, and if so where are K1 visas now being processed for Peru? Thank you!

Edited by menina
event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I apply for k1 visa to bring my fiance and he will have his interview on Monday. I have no idea about what u are saying. We got packet 3 from embassy and filled out the ds160

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Thank you for your reply. I told them that the guard at the door probably did not know what he was talking about. The interview was already held almost a month ago, so they have been returning to the consulate to check on the status of the medical information. Each time they have been able to speak with the original interviewing officer until yesterday when they were denied entrance. I'm guessing without an interview letter in hand, the guard told them that their type of case of is not being processed. Perhaps he did not understand the situation exactly. Thanks for answering, and good luck with your interview!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.