VOL

Road Rage in Texas - Don't Mess With Texas

39 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As long as newcomers and non-natives realize and respect that 60 mph is the speed at which we go through a car warsh (Texas spelling), then there will be fewer problems. :P

I'm just waiting for the native Texans to stop going 60mph on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD to get around someone waiting for a left hand turn. :ranting: I mean holy #######. Or the people who start to change lanes without signalling at 70mph, forcing you to slam on the brakes, and then they seem to go 'oh wait, maybe I won't!' and go back to their own lane, making the people behind you honk angrily at you!

Texas drivers are TERRIBLE! :blink:

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I shouldna started a separate convo, so we can both walk the plank, aye!!

Ye Gods - where to put it ? The SSN sub-forum? The Taxation Sub-forum? The OT Sub-forum? Maybe the Citizenship sub-forum? There's gotta be a place where we can belch and fart and complain of bot oils.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ye Gods - where to put it ? The SSN sub-forum? The Taxation Sub-forum? The OT Sub-forum? Maybe the Citizenship sub-forum? There's gotta be a place where we can belch and fart and complain of bot oils.

TheOffice-Ummm.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I'm just waiting for the native Texans to stop going 60mph on the WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD to get around someone waiting for a left hand turn. :ranting: I mean holy #######. Or the people who start to change lanes without signalling at 70mph, forcing you to slam on the brakes, and then they seem to go 'oh wait, maybe I won't!' and go back to their own lane, making the people behind you honk angrily at you!

Texas drivers are TERRIBLE! :blink:

If you mean passing on the right, it's permissible. If you mean crossing into the opposing lane (in front of the left-turner), it's not done when a LEO is looking.

Using one's directional blinker, if not within view of a LEO, is considered to be a sign of weakness.

1. The procedure on highways is to change lanes, and, when half of the last tire is into the new lane, perhaps flick the blinker once, as a courtesy.

2. The procedure on city streets or when turning into a business is to slow to a crawl, come to nearly a complete stop, go into the turn, and perhaps flick the blinker once, as a courtesy.

There are 6 varieties of drivers and vehicles who should perhaps be banned from the fast (left) lanes of Texas freeways:

1. Those with "handicapped" tags;

B. Ford EconoLine vans;

iii. Any vehicle with more or fewer than 4 tyres (British spelling);

d. Anyone 10 years older than the highest posted speed-limit;

V. Certain immigrant groups;

6. Anyone going 54 mph who wishes to pass the vehicle in front that's going 53 mph but never speeds up beyond the 54 mph.

Furthermore, the minimum speed within a 20-mile radius of any airport should be 100 mph, with automatic conviction of a State Jail felony for failure to achieve that speed or yield to those who strive to follow the legal mandate.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I gonna say it don't matter. Even if he called the person a name, does not give the other person the right to come up to his car and strike him.

Shooter will walk.....

Yep shooter will walk, then be shot by a drive by isis lone wolf, and here we go again.

You know it, it will happen.

I-129F Mailed: Aug 16, 2013 | Interview at Embassy Jan 24, 2014

K-1 VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2014

I-485 Mailed: June 20, 2014 | NPIW: October 15, 2014 | Welcome Letter: June 23, 2015

2 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: June 26, 2015

I-751 Mailed: March 20, 2017 | Approval Letter: February 24, 2018

10 YR GREEN CARD IN HAND: March 23, 2018

N-400 Filed Online: March 20, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you mean passing on the right, it's permissible. If you mean crossing into the opposing lane (in front of the left-turner), it's not done when a LEO is looking.

Using one's directional blinker, if not within view of a LEO, is considered to be a sign of weakness.

1. The procedure on highways is to change lanes, and, when half of the last tire is into the new lane, perhaps flick the blinker once, as a courtesy.

2. The procedure on city streets or when turning into a business is to slow to a crawl, come to nearly a complete stop, go into the turn, and perhaps flick the blinker once, as a courtesy.

There are 6 varieties of drivers and vehicles who should perhaps be banned from the fast (left) lanes of Texas freeways:

1. Those with "handicapped" tags;

B. Ford EconoLine vans;

iii. Any vehicle with more or fewer than 4 tyres (British spelling);

d. Anyone 10 years older than the highest posted speed-limit;

V. Certain immigrant groups;

6. Anyone going 54 mph who wishes to pass the vehicle in front that's going 53 mph but never speeds up beyond the 54 mph.

Furthermore, the minimum speed within a 20-mile radius of any airport should be 100 mph, with automatic conviction of a State Jail felony for failure to achieve that speed or yield to those who strive to follow the legal mandate.

Yeah, I do mean crossing into the opposing lane.

I miss my nice, polite, Canadian (outside Quebec--whole 'nother story there) drivers.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Yeah, I do mean crossing into the opposing lane.

I miss my nice, polite, Canadian (outside Quebec--whole 'nother story there) drivers.

I find the Canadian drivers in Windsor to be just as bad, if not worse than in the states. I've had a couple incidents (nothing major) with extremely rude drivers in Windsor. I'm sure it varies from place to place, city driving is usually much more stressful than suburban areas.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you mean passing on the right, it's permissible.

and that is how native texans know who's a tourist (or from oklahoma). :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!