Dashinka

What movies and television shows would not be made in today's PC world?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Love thy neighbour

Mind your language

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

married with children

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Bloodsport, at least not with the african guy in it, the one who jumped around like a monkey.

FWIW - Bloodsport is on my top 10 list of all-time best movies EVAR!

I didn't find it offensive when I watched it back in the day. Maybe because he actually won a fight some fighters imitate animals when they study martial arts.

1zwcj5z.jpg

Soul Man-was flabbergasted when saw it for the first time last year.

As bad as it was, I liked the way it ended, with him learning a lesson and becoming more sensitive towards people of color.

married with children

You've gone too far. That show is legend.

The Jeffersons, Good Times, and maybe even Sanford and Son.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I didn't find it offensive when I watched it back in the day. Maybe because he actually won a fight some fighters imitate animals when they study martial arts.

As bad as it was, I liked the way it ended, with him learning a lesson and becoming more sensitive towards people of color.

You've gone too far. That show is legend.

The Jeffersons, Good Times, and maybe even Sanford and Son.

Say it ain't so!

"Lizabeth, I'm comin for ya Honey! This is the big one!!

Sanf5ReddFoxx.jpg

Say it ain't so!

"Lizabeth, I'm comin for ya Honey! This is the big one!!

Sanf5ReddFoxx.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

How about Three's Company? Would Mr. Roper, or Mr. Furley be able to make the same jokes today?

And there's Tom Hanks first series Bosum Buddies.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

How about Three's Company? Would Mr. Roper, or Mr. Furley be able to make the same jokes today?

Considering what they show on TV today with all the blood, gore, and make-out sessions, both of the above shows pale in comparison.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

TV execs will put anything on that people want to see. Just because you're nostalgic for old sitcoms doesn't mean we've lost anything. Junk TV like threes company has been replaced with equally junky shows like two broke girls. Edited by GandD

TV execs will put anything on that people want to see. Just because you're nostalgic for old sitcoms doesn't mean we've lost anything. ####### TV like threes company has been replaced with equally crappy shows like two broke girls.

Two Broke Girls is one of the worst tv shows I've ever seen. I have no idea how it stays on.

You guys are off base. Family guy and South Park continue to explore and surpass the boundaries of what you can and can't say on TV. Their biggest obstacle on a regular basis are conservative activist groups. The censoring of TV comes from both sides. Can't say a dirty word or show a nip? Blame conservatives. Usually the religious right.

tipper gore, i'm looking at you! (and listening to 'she bop')

Two Broke Girls is one of the worst tv shows I've ever seen. I have no idea how it stays on.

i have no idea what that show even is and i'm glad.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

People like it. I feel the same way about threes company.

Realistically this thread is a sad display of people not adjusting to the ever changing world. This type of discussion has been happening since the beginning of civilization and is also led by aging folks. "Back in my day". We get it, hamburgers cost more. Who cares.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Also, for those saying non-PC movies can't be made anymore, I do ask you to watch out for the upcoming Deadpool movie. Deadpool is a character whose entire existence is based on satirizing the 'women as objects, ultraviolence' themes of comics in the early 90s. Depending on the writer, he's more satirical or the satire gets missed, so I'm fully expecting the Deadpool movie to be an ultraviolent bloodbath of non-PC glory. And I literally cannot wait. Last I heard, it was slated for release in February and I may die of excitement before then.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.