ArroTG

AOS/IV packages not reviewed after 80+ days

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

We submitted out AOS and IV packages on April 21 via electronic processing (EP). On May 27th a rep placed our file under supervisor review. July 8th was the 42 days they quote it can take to get a supervisor to look at your case, but our case still hadn't been looked at. On July 10 I was able to get through to a supervisor who told me that because our case is EP, there is no estimated time frame at all, and that we just have to wait. In other words, every phone rep who I'd spoken to lied about the 42 day supervisor review time period because for EP it doesn't count.

Has anyone else encountered this?

We are filing for a CR-1 (spousal) visa.

Today is day 82 without any kind of review. No one has ever looked at our packages. The supervisor I spoke to on Friday the 10th said she was sending an email "to her management" about the case to see if they could "do her a favor" by looking at it, even though there is allegedly no time frame for EP cases. Would you guys advise calling back on Monday to try to talk to another supervisor? I feel like what she told me was just to get me off of their backs.

Knowing that we could have a checklist coming, restarting the wait, has me pretty bummed out. Everyone else who filed around the time we did, for the most part, has their CC and some have even had their interviews by now, but I'm still waiting for word on if our files are correct.

Thanks for any advice in advance. I feel so lost.

September 29, 2012 - First met through a writing forum
January 5, 2014 - Engaged!
June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
September 23, 2014 - Sent off I-130 package
September 29, 2014 - Priority Date
September 30, 2014 - NOA1
March 26, 2015 - NOA2
April 2, 2015 - Case shipped to NVC

NVC:
April 13, 2015 - Case Number/IIN received
April 15, 2015 - DS-261 submitted
April 15, 2015 - AOS fee paid
April 21, 2015 - AOS package submitted
April 21, 2015 - IV package submitted
April 21, 2015 - Scan date

April 30, 2015 - DS-261 reviewed over the phone

May 12, 2015 - IV fee paid (late due to "EP lock")
May 13, 2015 - DS-260 submitted

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

July 10, 2015 - Supervisor review does nothing, flagged for unit manager review
August 11, 2015 - Case Complete!

Interview:

October 6, 2015 - Medical

October 13, 2015 - Interview date (AP - need to submit copy of 2014 W2)
October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 28, 2015 - Passport received (was available for pickup Oct. 27)
October 28, 2015 - POE fee paid
October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:
November 9, 2015 - Received SSN (checked off option to apply on forms)
December 1, 2015 - Received Green Card

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

We submitted out AOS and IV packages on April 21 via electronic processing (EP). On May 27th a rep placed our file under supervisor review. July 8th was the 42 days they quote it can take to get a supervisor to look at your case, but our case still hadn't been looked at. On July 10 I was able to get through to a supervisor who told me that because our case is EP, there is no estimated time frame at all, and that we just have to wait. In other words, every phone rep who I'd spoken to lied about the 42 day supervisor review time period because for EP it doesn't count.

Has anyone else encountered this?

We are filing for a CR-1 (spousal) visa.

Today is day 82 without any kind of review. No one has ever looked at our packages. The supervisor I spoke to on Friday the 10th said she was sending an email "to her management" about the case to see if they could "do her a favor" by looking at it, even though there is allegedly no time frame for EP cases. Would you guys advise calling back on Monday to try to talk to another supervisor? I feel like what she told me was just to get me off of their backs.

Knowing that we could have a checklist coming, restarting the wait, has me pretty bummed out. Everyone else who filed around the time we did, for the most part, has their CC and some have even had their interviews by now, but I'm still waiting for word on if our files are correct.

Thanks for any advice in advance. I feel so lost.

We also were put into supervisor review right away... We sent our AOS and IV package on May 29th.. We have petitioned my wife's parents. And just line you... We can't get a straight answer when we dial in... We did get a checklist for writing "none" instead of putting a "0" on the AOS paperwork... We are hoping that will be all... But just like you.. We were told the same 42 days... We'll wait and see.... Good luck

Timeline

You are not ALONE!! hello Canada!

CR-1, NVC No Case Complete yet..... SCAN DATE April 13, 2015

after 90 days nothing happening Calling NVC useless....under Supervisor review June 01,2015...this is a lie! they said 42 days...blah blha ..

Don't bother to call Rep.. not worth your time only STRESS....so the best answer......WAIT lots of WAIT, WAIT...and wait

Happy waiting to all Canadian NVC applicant....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

back at post #1 -

this doesn't sound right,

as

casefile review is always done on FIFO queue management.

Someone is lying, sorry; perhaps to cover up the broken system.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

You are not ALONE!! hello Canada!

CR-1, NVC No Case Complete yet..... SCAN DATE April 13, 2015

after 90 days nothing happening Calling NVC useless....under Supervisor review June 01,2015...this is a lie! they said 42 days...blah blha ..

Don't bother to call Rep.. not worth your time only STRESS....so the best answer......WAIT lots of WAIT, WAIT...and wait

Happy waiting to all Canadian NVC applicant....

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you've been waiting for so long. I already feel like it's been an eternity; I can't imagine how an extra week tacked onto that would be like.

Is your case EP as well?

June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
March 26, 2015 - NOA2

NVC:

May 27, 2015 - AOS/IV packages still not reviewed, flagged for supervisor review

Interview:

October 21, 2015 - Visa status changed to "READY" and then a few hours later "ISSUED"

October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:

Timeline

back at post #1 -

this doesn't sound right,

as

casefile review is always done on FIFO queue management.

Someone is lying, sorry; perhaps to cover up the broken system.

Thank you for the input. I called back this morning and the phone rep told me that he saw my case had been marked for supervisor review on Friday (when I spoke to the supervisor). I was confused and asked him if it was a normal supervisor review, because I'd spoken to a supervisor and she told me she was passing it along to her management. He told me that her management is other supervisors. The supervisor on Friday told me that supervisor review could do nothing for me, because supervisors don't have their systems set up for EP.

:bonk:

I'm hoping today my husband will have time to contact the state senator to get the ball rolling on an inquiry. I figure it we make enough noise, someone will look at the case eventually.

June 27, 2014 - Married!

USCIS:
March 26, 2015 - NOA2

NVC:

Interview:

October 30, 2015 - POE!

After POE:

Timeline

yes I applied under EP...contacted Senator Rep. last week and their working on it ...hopefully we will get answer this week...Good everyone..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for the input. I called back this morning and the phone rep told me that he saw my case had been marked for supervisor review on Friday (when I spoke to the supervisor). I was confused and asked him if it was a normal supervisor review, because I'd spoken to a supervisor and she told me she was passing it along to her management. He told me that her management is other supervisors. The supervisor on Friday told me that supervisor review could do nothing for me, because supervisors don't have their systems set up for EP.

:bonk:

I'm hoping today my husband will have time to contact the state senator to get the ball rolling on an inquiry. I figure it we make enough noise, someone will look at the case eventually.

ya, i ran into that, sideways, when I was doing EP - the supervisors I spoke with always had to reach out to other folk on the EP team, never could see my EP case at said supervisor's desk.

I think EP is mondo busted - I wish I had the IT contract to fix it, or even the original IT contract to implement it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.