fellaamazing

Case complete

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received an email this morning that they have my document. It will take 30 days to review.

I called few minutes ago, and the guy told me that they have completed my case. And now they put me in the line for scheduling interview.

I tried to ask how many people are in the line etc, he said he doesn't have idea. It depends on the consulate.

From the spreadsheet, it looked like the person who had case completed on 6/16 is still waiting for interview scheduled. Let's hope it gets scheduled fast.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Ugh.. Maybe it had something to do with system outages..

Whenever I sent any emails to Montreal last month, they did respond pretty fast, rather than waiting 3 days. It's possibly because they were not doing actual cases at that time.

I hope they just schedule all the cases at once soon.

Same! It could be because of the outage and the expected increase in workload (backlog)?

In any case I am a bit frustrated that nothing has been set yet. I may call the NVC back and ask for a supervisor review.

Can you please fix your consulate in your timeline? Thanks so much!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hrm... I don't see anyone with a May CC to now with an interview date for Montreal? of course Ir1/CR1 will be different than the OP.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I keep changing it Montreal but it defaults to Armenia - annoying!

What do you mean you haven't seen anyone with a CC in May to now with an interview - as in, no one with a CC from May onwards has an interview scheduled?

I know of one person who started the entire process around my time, got their NOA1 and 2 a week before me, had their CC a week before mine, and already had their interview :/

Is it worth pestering the NVC to see if there's a supervisor review that can be done? I can't imagine why there would be a two month wait for an interview.

No i have not seen anyone on the timelines who have an interview date who recieved a CC in May for Montreal. I know they cancelled some interviews because of the visa issues. A supervisor cannot help you now. Montreal gives the interview dates to the NVC and they fill the blocks. Last year or the year before, no one with a CC in June got an interview. They had to wait an extra month.

Have you checked the interview thread by dwheels? She keeps a spreadsheet of this kind of thing.

~~update~~ I noticed on her spreadsheet she does have a couple and a few people, like you were missed. If you're missed again after the next round, contact a congressman I think.

Edited by NLR

Timeline

I keep changing it Montreal but it defaults to Armenia - annoying!

What do you mean you haven't seen anyone with a CC in May to now with an interview - as in, no one with a CC from May onwards has an interview scheduled?

I know of one person who started the entire process around my time, got their NOA1 and 2 a week before me, had their CC a week before mine, and already had their interview :/

Is it worth pestering the NVC to see if there's a supervisor review that can be done? I can't imagine why there would be a two month wait for an interview.

Have you attempted to contact Montreal via email yet?

Timeline

I just called NVC. She told me that my case is in the queue. All appointments for August in Montreal are booked. I will probably get a September appointment. As soon as the consulate opens the appointments, the appointments will be booked from the queue which is computerized.

Timeline

I received an email this morning that they have my document. It will take 30 days to review.

I called few minutes ago, and the guy told me that they have completed my case. And now they put me in the line for scheduling interview.

I tried to ask how many people are in the line etc, he said he doesn't have idea. It depends on the consulate.

From the spreadsheet, it looked like the person who had case completed on 6/16 is still waiting for interview scheduled. Let's hope it gets scheduled fast.

I'm 6/16 CC still waiting. I just called today, no interview yet.

Timeline

Someone from the forum told me once that Montreal schedule next month's appointments in a month. Since all August appointments are booked according to the operator at NVC. If she is correct, then we probably are out of luck until August to hear again.

Let's hope that's not the case.

Timeline

Someone from the forum told me once that Montreal schedule next month's appointments in a month. Since all August appointments are booked according to the operator at NVC. If she is correct, then we probably are out of luck until August to hear again.

Let's hope that's not the case.

I hope not. I'm done with my employment by September so I was hoping to get August interview.

Timeline

feelamazing, did they tell you anything about being in the queue - like what place you are in? I wonder if I can glean at least that information from them! With a CC on May 12, I am feeling a bit annoyed...

I asked 2 different operators. And no luck with queue position.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.