Khenniebabs

Please help I-129F questions!!!! (merged/edited title)

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have some questions

1. How many photographs are needed to proof a continued relationship, right now I have 36 pix, hope that will do?

2. I have issues with how the Americans system write their information they start with the first name, but Nigerians start with last name, for my fiance in.Nigeria, is everything pertaining to him be written as NIGERIA style or American style, since everything will be handled by consulates will they understand it or not? e.g Last name : Lee, first name :Tony,middle name :Dave so it will be written as Tony Lee Dave as opposed to Nigeria as Lee Tony Dave, won't this look like different identities? Because I don't want any RFE

Timeline

Hi, I just want to ask if I need letters from.family, friends and relatives attesting to the relationship btw my fiance and I?, if so should it be notarized and where? Tnx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You fill out paperwork for USCIS American Style and format, it will tell you how to put name in on the form.

I would think 36 pic would be more than enough

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

i agree with VOL...especially in your situation where all three names (first, middle and last) all look like they could be first names. Follow the exact format on the petition and it shouldn't be a problem.

also, lots of pictures are great...but remember: pictures are only considered secondary evidence. you will need to provide a lot of evidence from the primary list as well (passport/visa stamps, plane tickets and flight itineraries, anything that you can include that shows you at the same place at the same time ex: receipts showing money being spent by both of you at the same place, train or bus tickets with your names on them).

good luck

Matt & Mish

:) 12/25/13 "Met" online (Instagram)

(L) 5/29/14 Became a couple

:wub: 2/4/15 First meeting in person (I spent almost 3 weeks in Brazil!)

USCIS:

4/24/15 Submitted I-129F

4/30/15 NOA1 paper copy

6/11/15 NOA2 paper copy

NVC:

6/27/15 Case received & case number assigned

6/30/15 Case shipped to Embassy in Rio

EMBASSY:

7/6/15 Case received by Embassy

7/20/15 Received "packet 3" email

9/18/15 Medical exam

9/29/15 Interview-APPROVED!!!

(F)"Every love story is beautiful; but ours is my favorite" (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's optional, typically used when the other evidence types are scant or non-existent. what else do you have for evidence?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Tnx for the response, yea I have evidences like my entry and exit stamps, boarding passes, our conversation chats from facebook, whatsApp, Tango, instant messages (IM), bbm chats, screen shots of trackable calling cards, emails, hotel receipts engagement ring receipt still.waiting for western union transcripts from WU customer service office

Timeline

Tnx, but for the pictures we took, I've already written his name in Nigerian format since that's where he'll be interviwed, just saying, any further assistance will be appreciated

Timeline

Tnx Ms. Darnell. I have my entry and exit stamps,boarding passes, our conservation chats from facebook, Whatsapp,BBM, IM,Tango, Emails, screenshots of trackable calling cards,his picture with my mom when she travelled to Nigeria,my pix with his family, still waiting for western union money transfer transcrip from WU customer service

Ms. Darnell, I also have my engagement receipt written in my name, and our hotel receipt where we lodged written in our names

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Hopefully other folks from Nigeria will respond with country-specific recommendations Nigeria is known as a high-risk country, I would suggest that you "front-load" your initial I-129F petition with as much relationship evidence as possible. We also went through a high-risk country, and as a consequence I did "front-load the petition. I don't know if it helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

The Guides say it best about types of relationship evidence:

Documentary Proof of Having Met in Person in the Past Two Years and an Ongoing Relationship:

Use as many of these items are possible. There is no minimum, but the more you can provide the less likely you are that you will receive an RFE. Additionally, please note that providing proof of your ongoing and genuine relationship in this package may benefit you by allowing the consulate to have access to this information prior to them formally contacting the non US Citizen fiance. Many high risk consulates approach cases with a skeptical eye and providing this information early on in the original I-129F package will help them in their preliminary review of your case.

Copies of all airline boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, hotel receipts, passport stamps (make sure you can read the dates on the stamps), and other documentary evidence that you have met within the last two years. You may want to highlight or place post-it notes indicating the dates and locations on the copies (to make the adjudication easier) for the person reviewing your file.

Color Photo's of you and your fiance(e) together. Make sure you write your names, date, and location on the back of every photo. Provide two to five photo's. If you only have a single copy of the photo, then make a color copy and send that. If it is a digital photo, have it printed at a local photo store such as Walgreens (if at all possible) or if not on a high quality printer. Place photo's in a plastic bag or photo sheet and label the sheet. Note that you may not receive originals of photo's back.

3. The following items will not typically show proof of having met in the last two years however will show proof of an ongoing relationship: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate letters and emails, stamps on the letters (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

Ref: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi, I just want to ask if I need letters from.family, friends and relatives attesting to the relationship btw my fiance and I?, if so should it be notarized and where? Tnx

For Nigeria it doesn't hurt just for the mere fact as you know family acceptance means everything and not having approval of mom and dad is a BIG red flag. It helps to have affidavits from people who have seen and know your both. Not just talk to you on the phone. So like his parents, siblings a friend. Doesn't have to be notarized especially since notary over there is a big hassle and expensive.

Here's an example of an affidavit:

PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE

OF BON FIDE MARRIAGE between

Minnie Mouse(your name) and Mickey Mouse (his name)

AFFIDAVIT OF Mickey Mouses Mother September 20, 2014

The undersigned, being duly sworn, deposes and says

1. I am over the age of 18, and believe in the obligations of an oath.

2. My full name is 100 Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA, USA

3. I reside at address, city, state, country, Jos, Rivers State,

Nigeria.

4. My date of birth is July 25, 1958, and my place of birth is Elu Ohafia, Abia State, Nigeria.

5. My relationship to the Petitioner, my name is daughter-in-law. My

relationship to the Applicant His name is mother.

6. I have first-hand information and personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marriage of My name and his name, as follows:

My name and His name have been living together since May 18, 2014 and married on May 23rd, 2014 in Jos, Nigeria. Minnie has to go back to the United States on August 30th, 2014. They will have lived together in Nigeria for 6 ½ months.

I have known of Minnie and Mickey’s relationship since August 4, 2005. I remember the date because that was when my son Mickey came to me so happy and joyous to tell me about his new relationship with Minnie. As he talked I could see instantly he was head over heels in love. I had never seen my son this happy and overcome in love before. He made me aware of her age and I was suspicious and couldn’t understand it. In fact I forbid the union and told him they could only be friends, no romance. My son turned from a happy man to a rejected former self.

As the weeks went by I saw a very sad change in my son. He wasn’t eating like he used to, talking or socializing. He was sad and moody all the time sulking around the house. I could see that maybe I had made a mistake and really didn’t know how to rectify it. I allowed their communication to continue. I really never gave them a chance. But with each phone call (everyday they called one another), I have witnessed back and forth, Mickey always texting or laughing at a text of hers and many online conversations even a few webcams, I could see my son getting more confident and happier and I know well maybe she is the one for my son.

They have continued this long distant relationship for almost 2 years. I have talked to her myself many times on the phone and found her to be a very honest nice woman. I was excited and welcomed Minnie’s visit and upcoming marriage. Once Minnie and Mickey were together face to face you could see that they were very happy and in love with each other. Since the time I have met Minnie, we have maintained an ongoing personal relationship. She surprised me with her youthful looks and energy. I questioned her age because she didn’t seem like a woman of my age. We all live in the same house and I am witness to a genuine martial relationship.

Because I have been so concerned for Minnie’s safety we have not been out and about. We have been doing all our socializing at home. Jos and mainly Rivers State has not been stable lately. Even the United States government issued a travel advisory for the Niger Delta region and asked Americans to leave. If they couldn’t leave to at least not go out at night and exercise extreme caution. There had already been two attempts to try and kidnap her while she was riding in a cab in the city with her husband. We decided it just was not safe for her to be out and about. Especially in the neighborhood we live in too many inquiring minds and nosey neighbors. But all this has not dampened her spirit to want to learn more about her new country and her new family. So we have had family members come by to wish the couple well and visit.

I have seen the marriage grow each day as they discuss, counsel and help this family with the day to day chores and living we must do. I have seen her do her wifely duties with washing clothes which is no small task. It is all done by hand. She truly loves washing my son’s clothes. She also polishes his shoes to perfection.

She waits patiently in their room daily from when he leaves around 7am until his late return sometimes after 7pm at times after 8pm. That’s 13 hours away from each other. They have a brief meal, chat and its bed. Her only complaint has been about the lack of power (sometimes we go 72 hours with no power or water) and that we all complain about. And wishing she could roam around more freely in the neighborhood like she does in Houston.

At no time has there been any element of fraud or concept of an “arranged” marriage. That is something I would have never allowed in my home. I find Minnie refreshing and energetic and have total confidence first in my son’s choice as his lifetime soul mate and secondly, I have confidence she will make my son a great and loving wife. I consider Minnie as my daughter, and I am blessed to have her as part of our family.

I hereby testify that the relationship of my name my daughter-in-law and his name my son is authentic, and that their marriage is bona fide.

I affirm under the penalties for perjury that the above-listed facts are true to the best of my knowledge.

_________________________________________ __________________

His moms name Date

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He may interview in Nigeria, but he will be interviewed by Americans. Be careful with your chat logs any thing can be misinterpreted. ( I didn't send chats but I did visit twice after I got married.) I filed my petition without chats. That doesn't work for everyone, but I didn't want them to read into our conversations.

Good Luck

Timeline

~On-going similar/same topics merged, title edited~

~There is no need to start a new thread for similar/same topic~

Edited by Pitaya

Timeline

He may interview in Nigeria, but he will be interviewed by Americans. Be careful with your chat logs any thing can be misinterpreted. ( I didn't send chats but I did visit twice after I got married.) I filed my petition without chats. That doesn't work for everyone, but I didn't want them to read into our conversations.

Good Luck

Indeed, chat logs can sometimes contain sensitive information. I sent in a sampling of chat logs, and simply redacted out the sensitive sections (though not so much that it looked like swiss cheese. :lol:).

Best wishes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

In all forms, the last name and first name are clearly separated so that shouldn't cause any problem.

Many countries outside of US tend to write last name ahead of first name.

I think we sent in about 6 to 8 pictures that were printed on regular computer printer paper.

10-04-2013 We met online
11-21-2013 We met in person in Shanghai for 2 weeks

12-13-2013 I-129F packet sent via express

12-19-2013 USCIS NOA #1 (text and email) received

12-24-2013 USCIS assigns Alien Registration Number
12-31-2013 USCIS NOA #1 hard copy received
06-02-2014 USCIS web site shows NOA #2 approval
06-06-2014 USCIS web site shows case sent to NVC

06-xx-2014 Fiancee acquired birth, marriage, and police certificates from local police station (wrong)

06-16-2014 NVC creates case with GUZ### number

06-19-2014 NVC sends case sent to Guangzhou, China
06-24-2014 Received packet 3 express mail from embassy
06-25-2014 Completed DS-160 and paid K1 visa fee

06-26-2014 Mailed packet 3 response back to Embassy

06-26-2014 Requested police certificate from Russian embassy

07-08-2014 Received packet 4 email from Embassy

07-17-2014 Picked up Russian police certificate

07-25-2014 Fiancee medical exam (received MMR & Varicella, but they missed required TD shot)

07-31-2014 Picked up medical exam reports

08-01-2014 Request (correct) birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service (GongZhengChu)

08-06-2014 Picked up birth, marriage, and police certificates from Notarial Service

08-14-2014 Passed Interview Guangzhou embassy

09-01-2014 Received passport, visa, & sealed envelope

09-13-2014 POE

09-17-2014 Went to CBP office to get (US entry) I-94 updated correctly

09-18-2014 Applied for Social Security Card
09-19-2014 Applied for Marriage License (via online)
09-25-2014 Received Social Security Card
09-30-2014 Picked up Marriage License
10-09-2014 Marriage by Justice of Peace
10-09-2014 Got Certified Marriage Certificate Copies
10-17-2014 Received a letter from SS office that they need the marriage license
10-09-2014 Applied to change the social security card name
10-24-2014 Went back to SS office to provide the marriage certificate documents again!!!
12-09-2014 Submitted AOS, EAD, and AP
12-16-2014 Received 16 emails and 16 text NOA messages
01-05-2015 Received Biometrics appointment letter for (01-12-2015)
01-12-2015 Had Biometrics (fingerprint & picture) - Required Marriage Certificate!!!
02-17-2015 EAD and AP is approved
02-23-2015 Received AP is approval letter
02-25-2015 Received EAD/AP combo card (expires 02/16/2016)
02-27-2015 Applied for SS card name change (they took her SS card)
02-27-2015 Driver's learner permit test was denied since the SS card was given to SS office for name change
03-17-2015 Received SS card with married name
03-17-2015 Started to change all her accounts to married name
03-23-2015 Received potential interview waiver letter
03-27-2015 DMV rejects learner's permit due to "legal status=pending" and vision test failure
04-05-2015 Vision test for learner's permit
04-06-2015 DPS sent us letter that DHS cleared my wife's status to acquire driver's license.
04-10-2015 Passed Driver Learner's Permit
04-22-2015 Received Driver Learner's Permit ID card (expires 02/16/2016)
08-27-2015 Green Card approved
08-31-2015 Received Green Card "Welcome Notice Was Mailed" letter
09-05-2015 Received Green card
10-26-2015 Passed Driver's License Road Test (on 3rd attempt)
11-03-2015 Received Driver's License (expires 02/16/2022)
11-06-2015 Applied to remove conditional work remark on SS card
11-23-2015 Received updated Social Security Card.
- - - - - - - - - - Pending Future Processing - - - - - - - - - -
05-27-2017 File 10 Year Green Card
08-27-2017 2 Year Green Card Expires
05-27-2018 File USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.