Dean_De

Social Security Number and Green card Delivery Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Is it ok to go at the Social Security office and secure an SS number personally even if we in the DS 260 we've opted them to go ahead and process the Social security number ?

This is because, in their Immigrant Data Summary , it still showed our old address in Florida and we are now in Virginia despite the fact that we've requested them to update the address during the interview ( as advised by the NVC ). We will also have the address corrected at the POE with the immigration officer - However, I read somewhere in this forum that there were VJ's who encountered problem about their greencard being send in a wrong address ( old address even if they did all the necessary steps to have the address updated ) - I just want to make sure my children will get the SSN card before it gets sent out at a wrong address.

Also, I already paid their Immigrant Fee (ELIS ) - do I have to call USCIS to make sure they have the right address where to send the greencard?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

can walk in to a ssa office about 2 weeks after POE date, apply in person.. then go back the next day, get the number or learn of new problems. i've a ssn-howto topic floating around, take a look when able?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

can walk in to a ssa office about 2 weeks after POE date, apply in person.. then go back the next day, get the number or learn of new problems. i've a ssn-howto topic floating around, take a look when able?

Hi Darnell,

I you link in the NVC process and it was stated there that "Call USCIS, get a human, ask for the TRACKING NUMBER on the green card. Yes, such a thing exists, and they will give it to you when asked. Then call USPS and inquire for status. In the end, if USPS sent it back to USCIS, you'll need to call USCIS again, talk with an ISO about 'returned mail pieces', go over your address again on the telephone, and ask to have all returned mail pieces sent back to you"

when can we start calling USCIS to get the tracking number?

Edited by Dean_De

Timeline

please check in to the ELIS topic in the General Immigration Sub-forum. Thanks !

I note you quoted one of my writings here that deal with returned mail pieces where the address was correct. You have a change of address and it's going to be exceptionally difficult to get the address into the card production center .

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

please check in to the ELIS topic in the General Immigration Sub-forum. Thanks !

also, where can I find that floating topic about the SSN?

I note you quoted one of my writings here that deal with returned mail pieces where the address was correct. You have a change of address and it's going to be exceptionally difficult to get the address into the card production center .

what do you mean "it's going to be exceptionally difficult to get the address into the card production center . "

Timeline

also, where can I find that floating topic about the SSN?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/405546-ssn-howto/

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to SSN Forum~

~Inquiry about SSN processes~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.