maherehab

Smoke hash ! , is this danger !? and must put it in Ds-260 !

46 posts in this topic

Good morning guys , i`m sorry for this question !

I`m now start to make my Ds-260 , and i found this question " have you ever been a drug addict ? "

and i don`t know say no or say yes and tell them that i smoke some hash every weekend ! , i know that weed is legal in some states in USA but i don`t know is that an important question and must answer it right because i will make medical examination and sure it will appear that i smoke hash :D . is this danger on my case !?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hashish? that's an opium derivative, right?

'weed' is not hashish, and there are federal laws against 'weed'. states' 'allowance' on it not matter, you are seeking a federal benefit,

and I'm pretty sure that the laws against the use of hashish are stronger than those of weed.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Should make an interesting conversations.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning guys , i`m sorry for this question !

I`m now start to make my Ds-260 , and i found this question " have you ever been a drug addict ? "

and i don`t know say no or say yes and tell them that i smoke some hash every weekend ! , i know that weed is legal in some states in USA but i don`t know is that an important question and must answer it right because i will make medical examination and sure it will appear that i smoke hash :D . is this danger on my case !?

OMG, no it is not opium based. Jesus people. It is cannabis.

With regard to the question; Apprently we cannot offer you an illegal advice, such as "Do not admit at all to your physician!". But if you admit to any substance use, either on DS260 or during your medical interview you will be setting yourself up for something you will not like. Some doctors will simply consider absence of 1 year as being in remission but there are other factors considered as you can see here on the "Technical Instructions for Panel Physicians" http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/mental-health-pp-ti.pdf

Some of the outcomes that can happen include:

- a 1 year hold on your immigration , while you perform random piss test throughout

- having to see a psychiatrist

- having to see substance abuse counselor

- being denied completely!

Marijuana, while legal here in Colorado, whoohoo. IS NOT legal federal level yet. And employers can still fire their employees on the spot if the test positive also. Don't take any risks and make sure you do not use for a minimum of 1.5months for daily cannabis users.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

so i may be get refused if they found hash in my blood !????

you need to read through the technical instructions, seriously..

But yes, it is possible if:

A) You admit to usage of a Controlled Substance

AND B) you have 2+ more symptoms of substance-use disorder

I am not going to go through and re-read all the exact definitions on all those documents right now, but once you start to read through it. Create a flow sheet with pencil and paper to understand how the physician comes to a decision.

SIDE NOTE: Be extremely careful in any US state that is not fully recreational. Alot of states have extremely harsh penalties if you are caught even with minimal amounts of marijuana. Additionally, crossing state lines could be considered automatically a felony. Consider this especially, that you are an immigrant and you can be kicked out and sent back to your home country.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

if i said no on the DS-260 , can the consul know from the medical examination that i`m smoke hash !!

If you admitted on any of the medical forms that you consume marijuana;

AND/OR

the panel runs a drug screen (blood or urine); and you come out positive.

If you tested positive, and you lied about it. It could be considered fraud and the doctor would definitely be concerned about you being an addict.

If you tested positive, and/or if you admitted to it, the Embassy will be informed about this. The doctor writes a recommendation based on 3 Class levels

Class A = denied! Inadmissable!

Class B - admissable with a waiver

No class designation

Even if the embassy doesn't agree with the doctor and thinks your an addict, they can still send it to the CDC in the united states for review. (But supposedly they are not supposed to AP you for it). I read a document that said they should send it for recommendation by the CDC discreetly.

So yes, the EMBASSY will know what the doctor reports in his findings. I believe there is a confidentiality statement that you must sign clearly stating that you are NOT ENTITLED to patient confidentiality. And any medical pertinent information will be disclosed to the embassy. Afterall, why do you think the doctor is here for , right?? He is not on your side, he is representing the United States Government's interests.

ANYONE is welcome to correct this information, if I am a bit off on this provided information.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

so i may be get refused if they found hash in my blood !????

yup

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so please help me what can i do now !!!!!!!!

I sent u a PM. But we cannot offer you any illegal advice.

Ill say it again: READ through those instructions, so you know what the physician is looking for. That will give some guidance. However, the only advice to offer is to tell the truth.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

NVC

- Case completed at NVC

EMBASSY

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Timeline

talk with your uscitizen spouse, ask them about their plans to live with you in your country.

others might tell you to stop smoking for 6 months and stall the NVC process for now,

but

it seems you have a drug problem (of sorts) and have to be honest when you fill out the DS-260. You don't have to fill out the DS-260 today, you have a year to fill it out and submit it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.