John6863

Thoughts on the K1 Process

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello fellow visa journey members. This comment is more a reflection on this process than informative. I hope all your journeys go well.

My fiance and I are really happy and are excited to be having our interview and decision soon. I hope all goes well. That we have all our I's dotted and T's crossed.

This is the first time in my life and hers that our happiness and our ability to be with someone we love rest soley on a decision of a government offical. It seems strange

to me. We both do not have criminal backgrounds, we do not do drugs, we are just two regular people who love each other that happen to be in two different countries.

But it seems we are so close yet so far still. We have known each other for 20 years. Now our lives have brought us back together and we want to build a life with each

other. I get nervous that all of this all of our struggles to be together, all of our hopes and dreams rest solely on the decision of one individual that has the power to say

yes or no to all of it. It is a strange feeling when someone has that much power over your life. I pray that we have everything in order and we get the decision that gives

us this permission. The premission to continue our dreams together, the right to persue our happiness, our love, and our lives together.

That is all I have to say. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Good luck to everyone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Even though the US government can decide if your foreign spouse can live with you in the U.S., that doesn't mean they have the power to keep you from moving somewhere else. I know that is not a desirable outcome, and I know the United States is the preferred country to live for many here (for a multitude of reasons), just remember you still have that option. If the foreign spouse's country is too volatile or dangerous to live in, consider moving to a brand new country together. I know many people wouldn't do it, but remember it is still an option.

The government doesn't have ALL the power, just most. Do not allow them to crush all of your dreams, remember anything is possible.

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes that is correct. But still we would be subject to that governments power too. I was just reflecting on the situation really. It helped me to relieve some stress.

This is just the first time I have felt the power of government affecting me directly. Affecting both of us directly. yes there is taxes etc.. But this time its really obvious. Always makes you nervous to confront the power of an official decision.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Deep breath....hang in there. My hubby and I know how you feel. We did CR-1, but we had some real tense moments.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Yes that is correct. But still we would be subject to that governments power too. I was just reflecting on the situation really. It helped me to relieve some stress.

This is just the first time I have felt the power of government affecting me directly. Affecting both of us directly. yes there is taxes etc.. But this time its really obvious. Always makes you nervous to confront the power of an official decision.

Let me give you some facts which may cheer you up:

1) You've chosen a great country, we have courts which you can use to go against any immigration decision

2) Your marriage is real, you have nothing to hide

3) Your desire to be together will open up doors that you didn't know were possible

4) The government can't control who you love

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

i completely can understand what you say, my fiance which is the american , he is so angry, he used to be over control in his life, and for the first time with the most important thing in his life and our life he feels that someone control us, someone control our happiness and our time, so i get ur point, i cant wait to be with him, i cant find any happiness away from him, but we have nothing to do, but pray, have faith and wait with patience as much as we can , and we will get through this

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the General Immigration Discussion forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This entire process is not intended for the faint of heart or light of wallet. But the results can be priceless. :D

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I understand that feeling too. My husband (of only 2 weeks now!!!!) and I were stressing over this because he is from Morocco and we had heard and read so many horror stories of the Consulate denying most K1 apps due to high fraud. We stressed for nothing, the whole process was smooth and even though it took a lot of legwork and patience, we came home here to the US together on June 17 and married on the 26th. Now we're sorting through the AOS, EAD and AP paperwork - starting all over again it seems! Haha! Hang in there, you will have no problems! Best of luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.