Nataly222

Affidavit of support for k1 - juarez

3 posts in this topic

Hi so I'm a little confused about the I-134 and supporting documents we will be needing. I know this information can be different depending on the consulate so if anyone can share what they took to their interview in juarez that would be very helpful.

So far I have listed:

- completed I-134 form

-copy of most recent tax return/ or transcript (preferred)

-letter from bank(s) confirming accounts

- letter from employer

Is this enough/too much ? Should I include pay stubs or bank statements? If so how many of each. We are using a joint sponsor since I (petitioner) dont have any income right now, was a full time student before this process. ALSO, since I'm using a joint sponsor.. I still need to fill out a I-134 as well correct?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Nataly, what is your country for which the K-1 Visa was filed?

What you should also do is make sure that you meet the minimum income requirements for your Fiance to get the visa.

Include 3 years of your tax return if you can rather than just 1 and you only need the federal tax return, not the state one.

On the letter from the banks, make sure along with confirming the accounts, have them put the current balance in each account as of the day that the letter is given to you and how long the accounts have been open.

Letter from employer must say how much you make for your gross income, not your net but your gross before taxes every month, if you are employed full time or part time along with how long you have been on your job..

Make sure that if you can, include your last 4 paystubs with the packet,

Also include your own proof of being a US citizen, Copy passport ( all pages) or copy of your birth certificate or copy of your naturalization certificate if you are a citizen by naturalization.

when I did mine, I included a small cover letter that had my info on it along with my fiance's info as well.

I included full name for both, Date of Birth. Alien Registration number for you and your fiance ( if applicable) , the fiance's passport number and country of origin and definitely your case number.

Also include copies of your NAO-1 and NAO-2.

The more you send the better as they have less things they can give and RFE for. Also, Make sure you make a photocopy of everything and send it to your fiance. what I did was I scanned it all and emailed it to my fiance and she printed it back home in Germany. It saves money on mail and also reaches there right away.

Hope this is all helpful to you

Edited by pmakhija

Hi my country is mexico, I think are procedures might be very different im not required to send anything in all We have left is to go to the interview and take these documents with us.

Also, I don't have sufficient income which is why I stated we will be using a joint sponsor.

Regardless, thankyou for your advice :) I'll look into letting the joint sponsor know about getting pay stubs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.