David & Diana R

Bringing my sister from Philippines

10 posts in this topic

My wife was recently told by some co-workers that the US has stopped allowing Filipino immigrants to petition their siblings to come to the US. My wife is Filipina and I knew there was a requirement for her to first become a US citizen but she has been told that she will never be allowed to bring her sister.

Any input?

Aloha, David

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey David - this sounds like a 'citable topic' where surely a source exists, even a URL from uscis .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No, that is not true. Honestly, I really hate that about Pinoys because my wife does the same thing. They tend to believe more what other Pinoys say than believe the truth. I have had to get the actually physical proof and show my wife that before she believed me, then some other Filipino.

Sorry I am not bashing Filipinos at all just stating a truth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

Not just them, my spouse will believe something a random person on the street tells him before he believes me.

You can petition a sibling from any country in the world if you are a USC. This may or may not change in the future. For the Philippines there is currently a 24 year wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Would require an act of Congress to change things.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Not just them, my spouse will believe something a random person on the street tells him before he believes me.

You can petition a sibling from any country in the world if you are a USC. This may or may not change in the future. For the Philippines there is currently a 24 year wait.

Yeah, imagine that! A 24 year wait for my wife to bring her sister to join her. And whats Obama's plan? Of yeah to allow millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS to remain in the country. There is something very wrong here. A don't go bashing me for talking bad about Obama. He is the one that is pushing for this. It would not matter to me who the president was, the fact is Obama is the president now and he is pushing for this.

Aloha

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dave, is the sister single? Surely your spouse has intimated she wants you to set up your single buddies, someway and somehow.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No, that is not true. Honestly, I really hate that about Pinoys because my wife does the same thing. They tend to believe more what other Pinoys say than believe the truth. I have had to get the actually physical proof and show my wife that before she believed me, then some other Filipino.

Sorry I am not bashing Filipinos at all just stating a truth.

My wife is the same way. So I have to go out and get the evidence for her. I wonder why, at least as far as I can tell Filipina's just take other Filipina's word for things. It's an interesting thought. Perhaps it is tied to the fact that Filipinos never seem to confront anyone. An example: I was with my wife at the NBI in Manila. We waited in line for 5 hours to get copies of our marriage contract. After all that waiting the clerk said, "Oh, come back in 60 days...we should have it by then, or maybe you wait 90 instead." My wife's response. "Okay." And she started to walk away and I began to speak to the clerk asking why the delay. My wife looked at me like I was some kind of idiot. Perhaps it's because of all the corruption in givernment that keeps them silent.

To make a long story short I did eventually get someone on the phone who actually cared about our situation. She got the job done for us in 72 hours! So there are people out there that will help, you just gotta go through six or seven hundred government employees and you maight find one if you're lucky. hahaha

Aloha

Dave, is the sister single? Surely your spouse has intimated she wants you to set up your single buddies, someway and somehow.

Yes she is single and perhaps her best bet is to find someone like I did on DIA and come to the US that way. Of course, I am not and would never suggest anyone should simply marry a US citizen to gain access to this great country. What I mean is perhaps she could fall in love with an American like I fell in love with my beautiful Filipina wife. God Bless America and the Philippines.

Aloha, David

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, imagine that! A 24 year wait for my wife to bring her sister to join her. And whats Obama's plan? Of yeah to allow millions of ILLEGAL ALIENS to remain in the country. There is something very wrong here. A don't go bashing me for talking bad about Obama. He is the one that is pushing for this. It would not matter to me who the president was, the fact is Obama is the president now and he is pushing for this.

Aloha

Yes, thats the sad truth

My dad under sibling petition waited 23 yrs

Imagine it that long, already retiree age when pd becomes current

Plus i aged out

Very Unfair.... too Loooong waiting times for those

Who wanted to join their families in a Legal way

Obama should kicked those illegals out! Oh well why do that if he could gain some

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.