kenzo_gal

Discrepancy Issue on my Name on AOS and EAD

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Once you are married, u use your marriage certificate and EAD card to apply for your SS card or if you wishes to wait until you receive the green card. Now your EAD card or your green card, should have your marriage name and the way to have that done is when all documents where being filled out, to NOT your maiden name but your married name.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kenzo, did you initially filled out you form using your maiden name, if that's the case, then may just want to varify, if you want to continue using your maiden name or if you choose to use your married name. If you wishes to use your married name u should have filled out all forms with it along with a copy of married certificate. One you receive your EAD with your new nAme you then apply for your SS card, then your drivers license. The green card, would have also come with your married name. What u could do is send the documents they asked for, along with the forms corrected, using your married name.

Along with a letter of explanation.

Once you are married, u use your marriage certificate and EAD card to apply for your SS card or if you wishes to wait until you receive the green card. Now your EAD card or your green card, should have your marriage name and the way to have that done is when all documents where being filled out, to NOT your maiden name but your married name.

Kenzo, did you initially filled out you form using your maiden name, if that's the case, then may just want to varify, if you want to continue using your maiden name or if you choose to use your married name. If you wishes to use your married name u should have filled out all forms with it along with a copy of married certificate. One you receive your EAD with your new nAme you then apply for your SS card, then your drivers license. The green card, would have also come with your married name. What u could do is send the documents they asked for, along with the forms corrected, using your married name.

That's exactly what I did with all the application forms that I sent to USCIS (my married name was written on it). And most likely, since I failed to have my SSN on my 1st and 2nd attempt, I just have to wait for my EAD and go back to SSA office just like what they told us. We made a phone call on their toll free hotline number to know what else do we have to submit but since we failed to get an answer from them, we were asked to go to the nearest local USCIS office instead. Meanwhile, we already sent a mail in response to the RFE (EAD) with a letter of explanation, 2 copies of our marriage certificate, 2 wedding photos and the actual letter from USCIS itself. Likewise, we just made an appointment next week to ease the agony.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! As of today, I was able to receive the NOA right thru the mailbox. We went to the nearest local USCIS office last Friday. We were told that my EAD application has been approved on July 14 and all that I have to do is wait. How long does it usually take before it (EAD) can usually get thru me? Oh God I am definitely excited because finally I am seeing some improvements on my papers. Thank you guys and all of your comments will be highly appreciated!

Edited by kenzo_gal

Finally my EAD already arrived in our mailbox! Thank God, now I can finally resume my SSN application. Thank you guys for all of your input!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. Here's my story regarding this process of applying AED and AP. I applied for ADjustment of Status with AED and AP. I came here in states through K1 visa. I arrived here in states last March and then few weeks later I got married. I gather all the documents needed for my application. I'm done my biometrics after a month I received a RFE from My Adjustment of Status application then submitted my response. Due to RFE my EAD and AP was pending. 2 weeks after they received my response to my RFE for AOS they updated my status in EAD and AP asking for RFE due to the discrepancy of my Married Name on the application form from those SErvice record( passport, k1visa, I-94) Reflecting my Maiden Name. I filled up the AED and AP using my husband last name as the instruction I have the right to take my husband last name since we are married. I also filled up the section where the other name used stating my Maiden name which appear on my passport, K1 visa and I-94. I came here in states as single in marital status. I applied this Application with my marriage certificate so they have basis where I got my last name as change name base on marriage. I don't understand why they take so much time to ask for RFE and why they can't use the marriage certificate as basis of change name. I'm organizing other document which is more copies for marriage certificate, SSN with my Married Last name on it, Bank account using my husband last name. Wedding pictures and cover letter with explanation why I use my HUsband last name in this application.

Kindly give me more information with regards to other additional supporting document.

Hopefully it works.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone. Here's my story regarding this process of applying AED and AP. I applied for ADjustment of Status with AED and AP. I came here in states through K1 visa. I arrived here in states last March and then few weeks later I got married. I gather all the documents needed for my application. I'm done my biometrics after a month I received a RFE from My Adjustment of Status application then submitted my response. Due to RFE my EAD and AP was pending. 2 weeks after they received my response to my RFE for AOS they updated my status in EAD and AP asking for RFE due to the discrepancy of my Married Name on the application form from those SErvice record( passport, k1visa, I-94) Reflecting my Maiden Name. I filled up the AED and AP using my husband last name as the instruction I have the right to take my husband last name since we are married. I also filled up the section where the other name used stating my Maiden name which appear on my passport, K1 visa and I-94. I came here in states as single in marital status. I applied this Application with my marriage certificate so they have basis where I got my last name as change name base on marriage. I don't understand why they take so much time to ask for RFE and why they can't use the marriage certificate as basis of change name. I'm organizing other document which is more copies for marriage certificate, SSN with my Married Last name on it, Bank account using my husband last name. Wedding pictures and cover letter with explanation why I use my HUsband last name in this application.

Kindly give me more information with regards to other additional supporting document.

Hopefully it works.

Thank you

Does your marriage certificate reflect your name change? Did you file your AOS, EAD, AP in the exact same name as reflected on the name change in your marriage certificate? There was a case here in Visa Journey as well, wherein the couple submitted their AOS, EAD, AP in he wife's married name and they received an RFE because in the marriage certificate for the final name, the wife's name was in her maiden name. If your case is not the same, then disregard my comment and maybe you can call USCIS for further clarification. But if it's the similar, maybe try backreading the other threads.

TJ and Eiy
12-16-2014 Engaged
02-09-2015 I29F Sent via FedEx
02-10-2015 I29F Received in Lewisville,Texas
02-12-2015 NOA1 Electronic notification
02-20-2015 NOA1 Hardcopy received
03-05-2015 NOA2 Electronic notification
03-09-2015 NOA2 Hardcopy received
03-19-2015 NVC received
03-25-2015 London Consulate received
03-27-2015 Packet 3 received
04-09-2015 Medical
04-23-2015 Interview letter received
05-18-2015 Interview - Approved!
06-01-2015 Received Email, Visa in Transit
06-02-2015 Visa on hand [:dancing:] [:dancing:]

AOS JOURNEY

06/14/2015: POE LAX

06/20/2015: Wedding

07/27/2015: Sent AOS, EAD, AP

07/28/2015: Checked encashed; received electronic notificaton of EAD, AP

07/30/2015: Received electronic notification NOA1 AOS

08/03/2015: Received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/24/2015: Received our marriage certificate (AFTER MORE THAN 8 WEEKS) :cry:

09/03/2015: Service request for Biometrics appointment letter done

10/03/2015: Electronic notification of AP approved

10/03/2015: Electronic notification of name changed update for EAD

10/05/2015: still no biometrics appointment letter !!Applied for 2nd service request :crying: :crying: Received electronic notification of EAD approval

10/13/2015: Received biometrics appointment letter!! Finally!!

10/22/2015: Biometrics appointment :dancing:

10/25/2015: Combo Card in production

10/28/2015: Combo Card mailed

10/31/2015: Combo card in hand

11/17/2015: 2nd Biometrics appointment (2nd fingerprinting)

11/28/2015: Received NPIW letter dated 11/24/15 ( and the perennial waiting continues...)

Timeline

My married name doesn't reflect on my marriage certificate only my maiden name. I apply my AOS,EAD and AP with my married name with a marriage certificate as proof that I take my husband last name as my last name since we are already married. I applied for SSN with my husband last name showing my marriage certificate and they grant me a SSN card with my married name. As response to the RFE I send a copy of my SSN card and they already received the RFE. Hopefully they will approve my application. But there is good news to my case status.My AOS already scheduled for November interview. Hopefully we get approve.

My married name doesn't reflect on my marriage certificate only my maiden name. I apply my AOS,EAD and AP with my married name with a marriage certificate as proof that I take my husband last name as my last name since we are already married. I applied for SSN with my husband last name showing my marriage certificate and they grant me a SSN card with my married name. As response to the RFE I send a copy of my SSN card and they already received the RFE. Hopefully they will approve my application. But there is good news to my case status.My AOS already scheduled for November interview. Hopefully we get approve.

Wow goodluck and God bless you on your interview on November. ? Mine's interview might be waived since I got a letter from USCIS months ago.

Wow goodluck and God bless you on your interview on November. ? Mine's interview might be waived since I got a letter from USCIS months ago.

Hopefully it works.

Thank you

If you can take a look at the marriage license and the marriage certificate, they almost look the same except for some information about the wedding on the lower portion wherein your Celebrator filled out for the two of you. So basically, the same name will reflect on both of your marriage license and certificate and that is your maiden name. Meanwhile, for some people (like us) they were still able to receive an RFE from USCIS given that they've already submitted all the necessary documents. However, what you can do is to write a letter re: RFE just explain to them thay you came here via k-1 visa then got married and attach some marriage documentations like your marriage certificate, wedding pictures, SSN and bank account. Edited by kenzo_gal

Timeline

Thank you. Good luck to you as well. Keep the faith God is always good.

Timeline

Hello everyone I received this morning the scheduled interview that will be Nov 18 at 10:30 at Pittburg PA. Hopefully we get approve. Please include us in your prayer. Thank you and Good luck to my fellow applicant for adjustment of status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.