Island Breeze

RFE requesting a complete federal tax return (split)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello , i m relatively new to this forum on visa journey, i really appreciate the help you guys have been giving as it relates to persons needing clarifications on certain immigration issues. i was recently sent an RFE requesting a complete federal tax return from my petitioner and also the joint sponsor who i had down did not qualify . My questions are , what is a complete federal tax return? and also can i change my joint sponsor by filing a new i-864 with a new joint sponsor and attached that individual federal tax return and resubmit?.Based on my understanding from reading a couple post a Tax transcript from the IRS would seem like the best thing to send as USCIS only requested the most recent year. Correct me please if i am on the wrong level of understanding ,i have already have my wife who is my petitioner and her father who is my new joint sponsor gone ahead and request their tax transcript for the year 2014 online and should be receiving by mail within the next 5-10 calendar days. i know i only have one shot at this so i want and need to get it right this time around. please if someone with the necessary knowledge read my post and can offer some assistance in updating me as to how to pursue, i will gladly appreciate it thank you very much..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

*** split from a thread by another member and moved to AOS forum as Op indicates he is filing for Adjustment of Status, not a visa ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello , i m relatively new to this forum on visa journey, i really appreciate the help you guys have been giving as it relates to persons needing clarifications on certain immigration issues. i was recently sent an RFE requesting a complete federal tax return from my petitioner and also the joint sponsor who i had down did not qualify . My questions are , what is a complete federal tax return? and also can i change my joint sponsor by filing a new i-864 with a new joint sponsor and attached that individual federal tax return and resubmit?.Based on my understanding from reading a couple post a Tax transcript from the IRS would seem like the best thing to send as USCIS only requested the most recent year. Correct me please if i am on the wrong level of understanding ,i have already have my wife who is my petitioner and her father who is my new joint sponsor gone ahead and request their tax transcript for the year 2014 online and should be receiving by mail within the next 5-10 calendar days. i know i only have one shot at this so i want and need to get it right this time around. please if someone with the necessary knowledge read my post and can offer some assistance in updating me as to how to pursue, i will gladly appreciate it thank you very much..

yes, you are right about ordering the transcripts from IRS and that entire transcript will be regarded complete federal tax return for that year. send the entire transcript.

yes, you can change the join sponsor. Ensure you send a newly completed and signed form I-864 from the new sponsor along with his/her tax transcript from IRS.

you can send transcripts from years 2013 and 2012 as well along with transcripts of year 2014 (optional)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you very much bk2014, your info was well recieved. Just as i thought , i would have to order the transcript. i also recieved a text and a email from USCIS today saying they had cease processing until all information as requested is forwarded. so i am just waiting on the transcripts to be mailed to my home address and my wife's father address. For the new joint sponsor they request as follow:

• file form I864 Affadavit Of Support , (revision date 03/22/13)
  • provide copies of most recent Federal income tax returns
  • provide copies of all supporting tax documents(w2's,1099,form 2555, and tax shedules
  • provide evidence of their status as a United States Citizen, United States National,or Lawful Permanent Resident.

Here is where i need clarification,does most recent federal tax returns mean 2012, 2013 and 2014?

And also do i still have to send in all supporting tax documents(w2's, 1099 if he has , and 2555(not sure he has overseas employment), and tax shedules?

Or just the transcript for the most recent tax returns which is 2014?

I know you mentioned all three years in your reply , but you say they are optional, so base on my explanation do you think they are still optional.

i am looking forward to your reply, thank you very much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.