marriedguy

Why illegal immigrants think it's their right to be here ?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from US Immigration News forum to the Current Events & Hot Social Topics forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They basically are immune from laws and not turned away or deported if they get caught here. They can easily find work and then start sending money home.

They get free medical, Free schooling for their kids.

Since they are used to living 10 to 12 people in house or an apartment they can live her on very little income and have the rest to enjoy.

They are told once they make it to USA then they are not turned away, and basically this is true.

You would be a fool not to want to come to the USA if you lived South of the border......

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think illegals show great ingenuity, and should be embraced by the U.S.

I thought the spirit of enterprise used to be worshipped.

What a bunch of sheep these days!

#anarchy#freeenterprizzzzzze!

They basically are immune from laws and not turned away or deported if they get caught here. They can easily find work and then start sending money home.

They get free medical, Free schooling for their kids.

Since they are used to living 10 to 12 people in house or an apartment they can live her on very little income and have the rest to enjoy.

They are told once they make it to USA then they are not turned away, and basically this is true.

You would be a fool not to want to come to the USA if you lived South of the border......

I think this hits the highlights. The biggest danger most illegals face is getting here. Once here, as long as they don't commit any crimes, they are left alone to live their lives in peace. The reward outweighs the risk. I know many who have made the trip through the desert and they gladly took the risk for what they thought awaited them.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

While people wanting to come to this country legally have to go through all this headaches and wait ?

Why are the politicians scared to talk about it, unlike Trump ?

Because Obama

I think illegals show great ingenuity, and should be embraced by the U.S.

I thought the spirit of enterprise used to be worshipped.

What a bunch of sheep these days!

#anarchy#freeenterprizzzzzze!

Drug dealers would fit that mold also

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

If you mule drugs you can get your trip for free.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

While people wanting to come to this country legally have to go through all this headaches and wait ?

Politicians will only talk about it if they think they will lose support if they don't. That is it. Clinton is tossing a couple of very small trial balloons to see what happens.

People will always justify to themselves and to others what they want to be true. You see this everywhere - any piece of land somebody has somebody else will go back to some time in history to when it was different and that makes it ok to do whatever they are currently doing or justify their thoughts...

I really don't have an issue with bulk of people who sneak in, people will always do what is in their best interest. I am upset at our governments response to it. We can stop 90% of those coming over by changing and enforcing a few laws. The last proposed bill was trash - amnesty for those here and a huge expansion of H-1B visas and *nothing* to curb it going forward.

I hope immigration is important enough to the public this go-round to force more conversation from all those running for president and congress.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

They don't. Most of them know they're here illegally and keep their heads down and work hard.

Politicians are talking about it, they're not calling all people from Mexico criminals and rapists, that's all.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

They don't. Most of them know they're here illegally and keep their heads down and work hard.

Politicians are talking about it, they're not calling all people from Mexico criminals and rapists, that's all.

Don't forget that the Trumpster allowed that he thought that there might be some nice people as well! He wasn't sure but anything is possible when you are open minded like Trump.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Don't forget that the Trumpster allowed that he thought that there might be some nice people as well! He wasn't sure but anything is possible when you are open minded like Trump.

I think he said pretty sure, that should count right?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Because Obama

Drug dealers would fit that mold also

Yep. Property developers, hotel owners also fit the mold, but hey let's fall for the good old "divide and rule" strategy.

If all the illegals in NY were rounded up there wouldn't be a bar or restaurant running in town. Construction on 2nd Avenue would probably come to a halt too . ;)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

These are some interesting numbers, I wonder how many of these children also have one or both of their parents here also.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/All%20Form%20Types/DACA/DACA_fy2014_qtr3.pdf

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

the whole idea of invisible borders that certain people can't cross because they were born on the other side is kind of ludicrous if you put aside all your ideological baggage and just think of it from a pure human rights perspective. If the patch of land you were born in sucks and you know about this other patch of land that offers a better life for you and yours of course you're going to do all you can to get to that better place even if you have to ruffle a few feathers along the way. so if someone wants to throw caution to the wind and illegally cross our borders and take jobs I, and pretty much every other legal resident of this country, have no interest in having then I say right this way your table is waiting.

a good way to fix the problem would be to throw some money at countries like Mexico and Cuba or the "problem" areas where people are illegally crossing from. Contract companies like halliburton to make those places better and more appealing for their residents to stay put. Pull some of that money out of rebuilding the countries that already violently hate us and rebuild some of our allies or neutral neighbors. that seems more mutually beneficial than protecting depleting oil reserves.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One good thing about illegals coming here, They gave us the Amber Alert.

She was killed by an Illegal alien who eluded law by going back to Mexico

To this date and probably never, Amber Hagerman killer will live his life out free and clear........