ekl3s1a

RFE Filipinocupid.com an IMB? (threads merged)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members,

I just got our RFE letter today and I have a question on how I should proceed with it, let me type the evidence they are requiring from us:

"International Marriage Broker (IMB)

You indicated that you met the beneficiary through www.filipinocupid.com and that it is not an International Marriage Broker (IMB). A website and/or business that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign Nationals is considered to be an International Marriage Broker. As such, Filiinocupid.com is considered to be an International Marriage Broker.

Therefore, you are required to submit a copy of the signed written consent form that the International Marriage Broker obtained from the beneficiary, authorizing the release of her personal contact information to you, or documentation to establish that the website is not an international marriage broker."

Filipinocupid.com is a dating website which my fiance joined online out of a whim, she paid nothing or talked to anyone to be set up with a US citizen. I went to Filipinocupid.com website and printed out the term of use and under The service this is what they have " The service is an international information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or relationship. It is NOT a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you." So should I just send the term of use by the website?

Thank you

Timeline

Hello fellow VJ members,

I just got our RFE letter today and I have a question on how I should proceed with it, let me type the evidence they are requiring from us:

"International Marriage Broker (IMB)

You indicated that you met the beneficiary through www.filipinocupid.com and that it is not an International Marriage Broker (IMB). A website and/or business that charges fees for providing dating, matrimonial, matchmaking services or social referrals between United States citizens and foreign Nationals is considered to be an International Marriage Broker. As such, Filiinocupid.com is considered to be an International Marriage Broker.

Therefore, you are required to submit a copy of the signed written consent form that the International Marriage Broker obtained from the beneficiary, authorizing the release of her personal contact information to you, or documentation to establish that the website is not an international marriage broker."

Filipinocupid.com is a dating website which my fiance joined online out of a whim, she paid nothing or talked to anyone to be set up with a US citizen. I went to Filipinocupid.com website and printed out the term of use and under The service this is what they have " The service is an international information service that facilitates contact between members who may or may not be seeking friendship or relationship. It is NOT a marriage brokering service, mail order bride service or a matchmaking service. The Company is under no obligation to broker any other member or members for you." So should I just send the term of use by the website?

Thank you

Get in touch with Filipinocupid. They have dealt with this a billion times and they will help you with your RFE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This seems to be happening a lot lately.

I would send that, and I think some people have gotten a email back from the Admin on Filipinocupid stating it is not a IMBRA. Use the search filter and find others people who have gotten that same RFE, It seems like it has only started the last few months..

It would be her in PHilippines section or under K1 topic at the top of the page...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Same themed threads merged~

~Please refrain from starting multiple threads of same topic~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I'm sorry for making multiple threads, I just want to make sure what I send to USCIS is right and that I don't get our petition denied.

Thank you again for those who replied.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sorry for making multiple threads, I just want to make sure what I send to USCIS is right and that I don't get our petition denied.

Thank you again for those who replied.

Don't worry about the posting double, It what the mods get paid for.

We have see you same issue a lot in the last few month, it hasn't been an issue before, I guess the have new people doing the visas application. A lot of people have stated they meet online via Filipocupid, FilipinoHeart, Date In Asia, etc and never got a RFE.

The ones who have recently got RFE's all got approved after sending in information.

For me I always tell people to describe when they first met in person on the initial 129F......

Timeline

Thanks Vol so far I'm thinking of sending the Filipinocupid.com Term of use and hightlighting the service part and also I'm also thinking of sending a copy of the IMBRA 2005 act and highlighting section 4 B ii. I emailed the website and I never got any reply. Should I wait for their reply and send that one too or am I good with what I have now. I'm also planning of sending a cover I saw in one of the threads regarding the exemption. Your replies are much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi everybody good day to all, just wanted to share my thoughts on this subject. I meet my wife on filipino cupid and i stated that from the beginning of her immigration process and we never had any problems even at her interview when asked at the filipino window in the embassy

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Don't worry about the posting double, It what the mods get paid for.

We have see you same issue a lot in the last few month, it hasn't been an issue before, I guess the have new people doing the visas application. A lot of people have stated they meet online via Filipocupid, FilipinoHeart, Date In Asia, etc and never got a RFE.

The ones who have recently got RFE's all got approved after sending in information.

For me I always tell people to describe when they first met in person on the initial 129F......

VOL: A point of correction is in order. From the VJ Terms of Service:

A moderator, being a MEMBER of VisaJourney, is in no way affiliated, paid by, or otherwise compensated by VisaJourney.

I cannot speak for the other mods, but the reason I accepted the offer to be a mod was to pay back to the VJ Community for the help and support provided to me and my family during our visa journey. :thumbs:

Pitaya

VJ Moderator

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, the filipinacupid question has been recently discussed in the IMBRA subforum (under the K-1 Process listing).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.