confused again. pay fees.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

we are at step 2. pay fees. on this web page it explains there will be two fees. a visa application fee and the affidavit of support fee. i prepared myself to pay fees...logged in to pay both fees, but the only fee option listed to pay was the affidavit of support fee. i paid the 120. i have 2 questions. we have a joint sponsor. do i not have to pay a 2nd $120 fee for the 2nd i-864? ...and what about the visa application fee?? i was under the impression that once the visa application fee was paid it would unlock a link to the application?? i tried to call the visa center and the message says to try again later they are busy... lol soooo here i am....feeling a bit lost and confused.

thank you again for all of your help! :)

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

we are at step 2. pay fees. on this web page it explains there will be two fees. a visa application fee and the affidavit of support fee. i prepared myself to pay fees...logged in to pay both fees, but the only fee option listed to pay was the affidavit of support fee. i paid the 120. i have 2 questions. we have a joint sponsor. do i not have to pay a 2nd $120 fee for the 2nd i-864? ...and what about the visa application fee?? i was under the impression that once the visa application fee was paid it would unlock a link to the application?? i tried to call the visa center and the message says to try again later they are busy... lol soooo here i am....feeling a bit lost and confused.

thank you again for all of your help! :)

There's only one person immigrating correct? So there's only one fee. The IV fee $325 will be invoiced after you submit your DS-261 and they review it. Takes awhile. Usually about 2 to 4 weeks later you will be able to pay that bill. But once you pay the AOS fee you can go ahead and send in your AOS and IV packages so they can be scanned and reviewed. So that 60 days can start.

The DS-261 also will unlock the DS-260 (IV Application)

Here is the NVC Process wiki it might help also http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

if i may...one more question. i'm collecting "supporting documents". what i have noticed is i am being asked for duplicate things that were included in the petition....for example..a certified copy of his divorce. we have another certified copy....and i will send it...but what happened to the original that i already sent with the petition? the entire petition was transferred to NVC?

n BTW today the IV fee was available to pay online. friday when i paid the AOS fee it was not. this is definitely an experience i won't forget soon. lol :)

thank you for your answers!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if i may...one more question. i'm collecting "supporting documents". what i have noticed is i am being asked for duplicate things that were included in the petition....for example..a certified copy of his divorce. we have another certified copy....and i will send it...but what happened to the original that i already sent with the petition? the entire petition was transferred to NVC?

n BTW today the IV fee was available to pay online. friday when i paid the AOS fee it was not. this is definitely an experience i won't forget soon. lol :)

thank you for your answers!!!!

Certified copy of divorce at NVC is for the Beneficiary if they were married. Are you the Benefificiary or Petitioner.

Read the NVC Process Wiki

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

IV package does not require anything from the petitioner but yes needs a copy for the beneficiary. This can all be scanned and emailed however, to the NVC.

That said, however, I highly suggest sending a certified copy or original petitioner divorce and birth certificate to the beneficiary for the interview in Montreal. They have asked for these items.

Remember a certified copy is a copy issued and certified by original issuer.

No certified copies were required with the I-130.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

hmmm...they may not have been required but on the i-130 checklist it said: A certified official copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If one or both of you have been divorced before). i was also just reading through the interview checklist...he will need another copy of my birth certificate + the original. so at that point i will have given 3 copies and an original of my birth certificate. AND thank you for the heads up on the original divorce decrees for the interveiw. at that point they will have 3 original certified copies of his divorce.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.