Sumeja

Hello everyone :) applying for K-1 fiance visa, please help.

5 posts in this topic

I'm so glad I discovered this page! It has been very helpful.

I was hoping someone can address if I made any mistakes in filing for the K-1 visa.

I'm from Chicago and my fiance is from Bosnia.

I filled out the I 129F form, G 325 a for myself and my fiance, and I'm in the process of filing an I 134. I plan on putting my Mother's name as the sponsor for affidavit of support. I understand that she needs to get a copy of her taxes, bank accounts statments and a letter of employment. Is there anything I'm missing for the I 134?

My fiance has gotten a copy of his birth certificate, his citizenship in Bosnia, proof that he's not married, a copy of his passport, proof he's never been to jail from the courthouse, and got everything listed above translated to English. Is there anything I'm missing that he needs?

On my part, I've gotten a copy of my birth certificate (translated to English as well), a copy of my US passport from front to back and my certificate of citizenship. Anything I'm missing here?

My fiance and I both wrote a letter for intent to marry within 90 days and I wrote a letter describing how we met and the relationship we have developed. We are going to get our passport pictures taken soon.

As for proof of relationship, we have many pictures together we're going to print out. I'm going to print out my flight information stating that I was in Bosnia this summer and last summer (I already have stamps on my passport as proof I was here). I have many conversations saved where he expressed his love for me (in bosnian) lol and 8 hour Skype calls. I hope I'm not lacking proof of our relationship.

I'm currently in Bosnia and I plan on sending everything out beginning of August when I get back to Chicago.

Any tips or advice? Did I make any mistakes? Am I missing anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you might have missed the timing on when to turn things in.

unsure, as you talk of gathering up everything at once.

please get on a PC, come back and visit and get in the Guides Section,

studying specifically the K-1 visa flowchart

and let us know

where in the sequence you are.

Thanks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Introducing our Members to K1 Process Forum~

~Inquiry/commentary about K1 process~

(mod hat off)

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page, in particular the K1 Flowchart: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Things you need to clarify:

The foreign fiancé needs to sign their G325A, they also need to make sure that they sign their individual letter of intent absolutely no photocopies.

Things that go in an I129F packet (how you have written it makes it very unclear and appears you have collected things that are not needed for it)

the check for lots of money

cover letter

I129F

G325A (2 of these)

American sized passport photo for both parties

signed statement of intent from both parties

statement of meeting (to answer question 34a of the I129F)

Copy or photocopy of Birth certificate for the US citizen only (must be LONG FORM) or a complete copy of a passport. Is the US citizen born in the US? If so, it would already be in English and there would be no need for translating for this application?

proof of meeting within two years (boarding passes, receipts, passport stamps, & photos together are good but are considered secondary evidence)

proof of relationship if desired (technically such items should go with the foreign fiancé to be presented during interview, however some choose to also include such evidence in their initial application)

any other documents that may apply to your specific case (name changes, divorces, etc)

Please be advised that you are not to include an I134, financial, tax, or employment info from yourself or a cosponsor with your application. These items must go to the foreign fiancé to present during their interview. Such an interview is unlikely to happen for many months, so you may want to wait until a closer time to obtain these.

The same goes for the foreign fiancé's birth certificate and any translations. They will need it for the interview, and possibly to obtain a police certificate which would be required for their medical and then during the interview. It is not included in the I129F packet.

Once you've read all this, go back and re-read the guide some more. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! I live in Toledo, Ohio but I'm with my fiance right now in Sarajevo. I will also be sending the I-129F package off to the USCIS in August! What a coincidence. Here is a link to a youtube video that really helped us put everything together in logical order.

VisaJourney has a page that states everything you need for the K1 Visa, as well.

Best of luck to you!

-Emina

K1 Visa Timeline

08/13/2015 - Package Sent to Dallas Lockbox

08/18/2015 - Delivery Confirmation

08/19/2015 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

08/24/2015 - Email NOA1

09/04/2015 - NOA2

11/10/2015 - Medical Exam

11/23/2015 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.