jywee

Medical Exam concerns

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

When my mom was about to receive her medical result (last phase: releasing), unfortunately they called her to talk to a doctor on the upper floors regarding her annulment and questioned about the reason of the annulment. This is not the only time they questioned it. On my mom's first visit at St.Lukes they asked this already and when she said that that's only document the Government of Guam gave they agreed and said the doc approved. Then came 2nd visit and asked this again. My mom told them that they already approved the last time she went there.

Btw, here's my mom's story of her annulment. She was married to my filipino father and when my father went to guam, he filed an annulment and was granted by the court of Guam. My mom's currently have the annulment documents and the Court Decision. But on that documents there is no ground or reason for annulment which St. Lukes kept on asking. My mom told them that that's the only documents that Guam's court had released and the court also certified it again just last year because the annulment took place in the early 80's. So now, if my mom can't provide any document with the reason for the annulment, St.Lukes said she will proceed to the Psychiatric test before they will release her medical results.

Here are some of my questions:

1.) We just wonder on why they should give emphasis on the annulment?

2.) And if we get the medical result, will the USEM tackle this annulment even if the category is US citizen petitioning a parent? Or is this the standard procedure even if it's not a petition for fiance?

On a side note: Recently, we just learned about Judicial Recognition of Foreign Decrees because we don't know about this before. Do we really need to proceed on the Judicial Recognition in the Phil even though i'm the one(daughter) petitioning her?

Hope i could clear this up and the policy regarding these concerns and need also some advise on what documents we should be getting or preparing in time for the interview at USEM for this kind of situation.

Thanks!

This is an opinion and I don't base it on any fact as I can't read there minds and they pretty much stay hush hush on their procedures, but....

1. It could be a more rigid requirements now then her first approval.

2. The USEM will act on the information they receive from SLEC. No one can predict with any certainty which way your mother's case will proceed to. It's based on the beneficiary and not the petitioner.

More information here: http://jlp-law.com/blog/judicial-recognition-of-a-foreign-divorce-decree/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got to love St. Lukes, Not only do they do medical they also are trying to verify divorce or annulment papers from another country

Got to love the Philippines and their backwards ways of doing business.....

At last, my mom got her medical result yesterday and SLEC decided that she don't need the psychiatric test anymore and forwarded it to the USEM. And we also talked to an immigrant lawyer who helped us understand our case.

Thanks for returning and giving us an update. I am glad that things are working out for you and Mom. Let's hope smooth sailing from here on out.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.