blesskaye

Naturalization processing Chicago CIS Office

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just thought I'd update. I called the 800 hotline to get an update. I was able to get transferred to Tier 2 immigration officer. The officer checked my case, and processing times and said that the office is currently processing cases from January 2015. So there's a little more wait involved, but the next update should be interview stage.

I hope this helps. Definitely gives some sort of an idea on the timeline.

Can you let me know which 800 you called? I would like to call them as well.

I submitted in January and am just getting an interview this week.

How did your interview went? Were you approved? Did you do your oath ceremony yet?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks GOLFER. It did concern me a little because as I said earlier, I know at least one person who filed in April, and got notified of interview already. So, can't be the office processing applications. Maybe stuck in security checks?

I already had an InfoPass scheduled for August 5th before calling them today. Should I keep the appointment and go in person? Maybe I'll get more information. I really just wanna know if the security checks are cleared, and what the hold up might be. Although I'm worrying pre-maturely, but don't want to end up in an endless loop of waiting past the normal average.

Yes go in person and ask all the questions you might have. They will tell you that your application is within the processing time since its not over five months yet. Ask if they can open a service request to expedite it. As per latest USCIS and FBI memo they have a goal to complete all security and name check within 90 days max. But if its stuck in name check or security check there is nothing much you can do its government unless it goes above five months which is there indicated processing time.

You should have asked the same question on the phone 1) Where is your case file NBC or local office 2) Are security and name check cleared 3) Why are you fooling public on your official website saying processing times are 5 months for N-400 and you are telling me that you processing cases from January 2015 what about the people who filled in June and inline for interview ?

Can you let me know which 800 you called? I would like to call them as well.

How did your interview went? Were you approved? Did you do your oath ceremony yet?

I called National Customer Service Center

1-800-375-5283

The first person you connect with does not have any information that you don't already have. At best they can put in e-request (you can do the samething online). You will want to speak with a Tier 2 agent. Sometimes they transfer you, other times they will resist. Ask for a Tier 2 agent because you need specific information.

Have your receipt notice nearby, the automated system and the representative will ask you for the receipt number, notice date, and/or A# in some cases.

Yes go in person and ask all the questions you might have. They will tell you that your application is within the processing time since its not over five months yet. Ask if they can open a service request to expedite it. As per latest USCIS and FBI memo they have a goal to complete all security and name check within 90 days max. But if its stuck in name check or security check there is nothing much you can do its government unless it goes above five months which is there indicated processing time.

You should have asked the same question on the phone 1) Where is your case file NBC or local office 2) Are security and name check cleared 3) Why are you fooling public on your official website saying processing times are 5 months for N-400 and you are telling me that you processing cases from January 2015 what about the people who filled in June and inline for interview ?

Thanks again. I'll definitely go in person, and ask all those questions. I'll let them know you said they should stop fooling the naive public like myself with wrong dates, Lol.

Will update with whatever information I can gather after the appointment.

Edited by neoes

Timeline

Just thought I'd update. I called the 800 hotline to get an update. I was able to get transferred to Tier 2 immigration officer. The officer checked my case, and processing times and said that the office is currently processing cases from January 2015. So there's a little more wait involved, but the next update should be interview stage.

I hope this helps. Definitely gives some sort of an idea on the timeline.

Neoes

Did you go to your Infopass appointment on Aug 5th? How did go? Any new news on your case? Are you inline for an interview yet?

:ranting:

Hello!

I couldn't make it for the 5th as planned, but I got an early morning slot for this morning. I went today at 7:45am. The lady at the window looked at the status, and said they still have not received my file at the Chicago Office, and they're waiting for it. It's currently not under their jurisdiction. Next step is to schedule interview as soon as the case is transferred to Chicago District Office. So, I'm guessing it's still with NBC. The lady at the window said to wait about 45 days, and then set up another appointment if there is no progress.

I asked about the background checks specifically and if they were done. They could not/didn't provide any information on that and said they do not have that information because the file is still not in Chicago's jurisdiction yet. The lady tried to check if the NBC had set up any kind of scheduling process for my case, but didn't see any of that. Sort of confusing because I thought it was the District Office that scheduled the interview.

So, the wait continues. At best, I'll wait it out till my 5 month mark is up since priority date, and then explore other avenues to get this moving.

Edited by neoes

Try to set up an Infopass as well. See what kind of information you can get. Each case is different, but maybe we can make some sense of what's going with the delays if you get the same kinda information.

I asked about the background checks specifically and if they were done. They could not/didn't provide any information on that and said they do not have that information because the file is still not in Chicago's jurisdiction yet. The lady tried to check if the NBC had set up any kind of scheduling process for my case, but didn't see any of that. Sort of confusing because I thought it was the District Office that scheduled the interview.

So, the wait continues. At best, I'll wait it out till my 5 month mark is up since priority date, and then explore other avenues to get this moving.

Thanks for the update ! NBC completes the security background and name checks and prepare the file for local office and transfer it. If it's still at NBC that most likely means you are pending security checks and or name check. Once they transfer the file to local office you usually gets your first email saying "We start scheduling your interview process" Then when Local office receives the file and schedule the interview that's usually is the second update "We schedule your interview" followed by interview letter.

Just forget about the case think you never filed N-400 : ) That's the best way to deal with USCIS. After 5 months if nothing happen Contact your Senator and Congressman Directly in writing and keep record of everything.

Timeline

Try to set up an Infopass as well. See what kind of information you can get. Each case is different, but maybe we can make some sense of what's going with the delays if you get the same kinda information.

Thanks for the update! My 5 months mark is the 16th of this month which is 10 days time. I will definitely take up the case then if I don't hear from them.

Thanks for the update ! NBC completes the security background and name checks and prepare the file for local office and transfer it. If it's still at NBC that most likely means you are pending security checks and or name check. Once they transfer the file to local office you usually gets your first email saying "We start scheduling your interview process" Then when Local office receives the file and schedule the interview that's usually is the second update "We schedule your interview" followed by interview letter.

Just forget about the case think you never filed N-400 : ) That's the best way to deal with USCIS. After 5 months if nothing happen Contact your Senator and Congressman Directly in writing and keep record of everything.

Lol, thanks GOLFER. Your advice is probably the best course of action for the time-being. Life goes on...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tanzania
Timeline

Hi Everyone

I just saw this Chicago office thread. I filed in June 5th, did FB on July 2nd then in-line on July 7th.

I did notice that Dallas has faster processing times than Chicago for some reason although both show 5 month processing time. :-( Hope our turn will come soon

Good luck everyone!

AOS
October 5th 2010 - Application Sent (Day 1)
October 6th 2010 - Application Received (2 day)
october 14th 2010 - Application acknowledgement sent (Day 10)
October 18th 2010 - Notice for Fingerprint Sent (Day 14)
November 15th 2010 - Fingerprint (Day 42)
November 23rd 2010 - Notice for Interview Sent (Day 50)
December 17th 2010 - Received email/text - EAD in Production (Day 74)
December 20th 2010 - Received email/text - EAD Approved (Day 76)
December 22nd 2010 - Received EAD in the mail (Day 78)
January 5th 2011 - Interview Day - Received RFE @ Interview :-((Day 92)
January 10th 2011 - 1-130 Approved (Letter dated January 5th, 2011)(Day 97)
March 15th 2011 - Received text/email - card in production as of March 14, 2011
March 17th 2011 - Received text/email - card in production as of March 17, 2011 ?!?!
March 18th 2011 - Received text/email - Noticed Approval mailed
March 19th 2011 - Received Welcome letter - dated 3/15/2011
March 21st 2011 - Received GC in the mail - Finally!!!!

ROC
December 13 2012 - ROC window open
December 14 2012 - Sent paperwork to CSC
December 21 2012 - NOA1 arrived in mail <dated December 17 2012>
December 26 2012 - Biometrics arrived in mail <dated December 21 2012><apt date 1/11/2013>
January 11 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 24, 2013 - Received text/email - card in production as of July 24, 2013

July 26, 2013 - Received text/email - card mailed as of July 26, 2013

July 29, 2013 - Received email - card in delivered on July 29, 2013

N-400

March 14th 2011 - Resident Since

June 5th 2015 - N-400 Mailed

June 8th 2015 - Received

June 11th 2015 - Cashed

June 13th 2015 - NOA

July 2nd 2015 - FPrints

July 7th 2015 - InLine

August 31st 2015 - Interview Scheduled

September 5th 2015 - Interview Letter received - Dated Sept 1st

October 5th 2015 - Interview date

Chicago local office now reporting back logged . They were at 5 months for N-400 , now at January 23rd 2015. Interesting thing is they are showing data as of June 30th 2015 which is almost 2 months back from today.

Field Office Processing Dates for Chicago IL as of: June 30, 2015

Form

Form Name

Processing Timeframe:

I-485

Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

October 12, 2014

N-400

Application for Naturalization

January 23, 2015

N-600

Application for Certification of Citizenship

5 Months

Edited by GOLFER

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.