edt370a

How long before acknowledgment text/e-mail?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I filed my N-400 along with a G-1145 to authorize them to e-mail/text me that my application was received. According to USPS tracking my package got there yesterday morning, but there is no text/e-mail from USCIS themselves. Do they take a few days to send it out? (Note: I am not talking about the official Receipt Notice that they mail out, but the text/e-mail that they are supposed to send out when one fills out the G-1145.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They have to actually process your package for receipt. Just receiving it in the mail room is one thing, someone else likely opens it and scans it. Then someone else probably enters your information in to the system. At that time is when they send out the receipt notice email/text.

Edited by dioxide45

Filed: Timeline

They have to actually process your package for receipt. Just receiving it in the mail room is one thing, someone else likely opens it and scans it. Then someone else probably enters your information in to the system. At that time is when they send out the receipt notice email/text.

Thanks so much for the insight! Yes, USPS delivered it last Wednesday and they still haven't sent me a text as of today (Monday). I hope they will process it soon :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Doesn't seem too long considering most gov't offices took Friday off for a holiday

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

What is G-1145? Did you both send at the same time N-400 and G-1145? Thanks

G-1145 is a form you send if you want to get text and email notification of the initial acceptance of your application.

It is only good for that initial notification.

If you want text and email updates of all your future application status changes, then you'll need to set up a tracking account on the USCIS website. For this you'll need your case number which you'll get with your first electronic notification (if you filed the G-1145) or on your NOA letter in the mail.

If you want to, you should include the G-1145 with your N400 application. It is available on the same USCIS page as the N400.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.