trancework

Have I just messed up?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just had my medical at a clinic in london for my spouse visa.

The Doctor asked if I had ever done drugs while holding the speciman jar and I thought I should be honest just in case I was tested.

I told her I had smoked weed recently and that 25 years ago I had coke and MDMA.

She tested me for drugs and said that they will do a random test for weed at a later date to make sure I am not an addict.

Am I doomed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, how recent was 'recently'?

What country are you from?

Good Luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Normally it is a 12 month ban.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are two issues, the medical aspect and the criminal aspect. Doctor does not make the call, the Consulate will when you interview.

Have you done any Rehab? If not something to look into.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

If proven that you are an addict, then yes you are doomed or considered inadmissible. . If not, most likely a one year ban.

However, you can check this link for a much detailed info:

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter8.html

Edited by aurpol

N-400 process

03/03/16 Submitted N-400 application and docs
03/09/16 USCIS ackn rcpt (txt, email, and NOA1) and chk cashed
03/29/16 Biometrics (walked in - orig date 04/05/16)
04/04/16 In Line for an Interview (txt, email, and checked case status)

05/16/16 Scheduled for an Interview (Case Status Online)

05/20/16 Received I/L
06/24/16 Interview date (PASSED)
07/20/16 Oath-taking at LACC ( I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

As someone who has closely researched this topic, which includes DUI, drug use....

What class did you receive post-exam? a Class A, or a Class B?

Here are the fully inclusive technical instructions regarding mental behavior and substance use/abuse:

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/mental-health-pp-ti.pdf

As others have mentioned.... If there was not enough evidence to support classification, your application will be put on hold until that evidence is available. Typically a clean urine for 1 year.

Class A = inadmissable

Class B = admissable with waiver

* You can fall into a CLASS A if you use any controlled substance AND you have 2+ symptoms of substance use disorder

* You can fall into a CLASS B if you use any controlled substance AND you have a substance-induced disorder

EDIT: there is an option where someone has substance use and has less than 2 symptoms, but I cannot find any correlated data on the internet regarding this. Maybe this is when applicants have to wait the 1 year to prove they are clean?, I am just assuming here.

I would highly advise asking a nurse-friend to read through that manual with you. It will help you to understand where you might fall along those categories. I am thankful that I stumbled across this document --before-- my wifes appointment.

Please let us know the outcome, because I am in a similar situation. It sounds like your wife will be even more pissed because there will likely be a delay and you may even also need a waiver.

Edited by Karmalious

PETITION I-130

1/2/2015 - Petition sent to Phoenix Lockbox

1/6/2015 - NOA #1 Receipt

7/1/2015 - NOA #2 Approved

7/10/2015 - Email from Nebraska stating sent the case to NVC

NVC

7/16/15 - Case Received by NVC

7/30/15 - Case number assigned

8/3/15 - DS-261 Agent available

8/4/15 - DS-261 Agent completed

8/4/15 - AOS fee available & paid

8/6/15 - Check cleared the bank & bar-code cover sheet now available

8/13/15 - AOS Packet & IV Packet sent to NVC by priority mail

8/15/15 - IV fee available & paid same day

8/17/15 - NVC received package

8/19/15 - Check cleared the bank & DS-260 available & DS-260 completed!!! ALSO, we received email notification from NVC that they received package on 8/17

- Case completed at NVC

- Case sent to Embassy on this date

EMBASSY

- Embassy received packet

- Wife received Packet 3/4 Instructions

- Medical appointment

- Interview

Point of Entry

- Enter Austin, Texas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.