mamamia_22

Approved I - 130 pettition for sibling of US citizen - what next?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Zambia
Timeline

I am a US citizen. I pettition for my siblings, and their immigration petitions got approved mid last year, 2014. Up to now, they havent been called by the US consulate for visa interview. I got in touch with the embassy, they told me to get in touch with the Nevada office. I havent heard anything upto now.

I desperately need my sisters to come, or at least one of them. I am a single mom in medical school with no family here and I could really use my sister's help. Please help! Will appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Mamamia_22

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When did you originally file, usually the petition will sit in storage until the priority date is current which would be about 12 years after you originally filed

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Zambia
Timeline

Really? Is this the experience of every US citizen who applies for their siblings?

Thank you for replying by the way.

I called the NVC and the automated response said the system is down?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Yes there is a visa bulletin that you can Google and track what dates are current. Siblings are NOT immediate relatives for immigration so they must wait until a visa is available, The current date is Oct 22 2002. There are waits of 20+ years for sibling from the Philippines . The current issue timeline may change in the future and could get much longer or shorter depending on demand or changes in processing.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Really? Is this the experience of every US citizen who applies for their siblings?

Thank you for replying by the way.

I called the NVC and the automated response said the system is down?

NigeriaorBust is correct... if current processing times don't change, you can expect your siblings to move to the US 12 - 13 years from the time you first applied. This is the time-frame for most of the world... certain countries have longer waits (as mentioned, the Philippines has the longest wait of 23 years).

There are lots of articles about what will happen over the next few years and there are good arguments both for the process speeding up or slowing down. Even if things speed up though, we're still talking about a multi-year wait.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.