ErrorWorld

CR1 Case Stuck in Embassy

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

This is for a CR1 spousal visa...we had our interview about a month ago, and the consul requested a second follow up interview. During the first interview he had a question about my wife's domicile in the U.S. because she has been living with me in my country since we got married. At the first interview the officer also had taken my passport & fingerprints after I took my oath and congratulating me on my visa pending more information requested. We have given the embassy a signed, notarized letter from family in the states stating she and I will both be residing at the family member's address in U.S.A - that the family is supplying room and board and also submitted a joint AOS from him. The family also stated this residence was my wife's address prior to leaving the states. She also used this address for her last 2 years tax records and other mailed documents. And during the interview my wife confirmed all of this information and explained she was only in my country temporarily to the officer also. When we ask for a status update the embassy keeps saying the officer is still reviewing the file. How long can they be reviewing the file for? If we hired a lawyer is there anything they can do to speed up the process? Or because it's at the embassy is there nothing we can do but wait??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Usually it takes a few weeks, but some cases take longer.

Did you have the second interview yet? Did you supply any extra proof after the first interview, such as does your wife have bills in the USA, furniture in storage, has she started looking for a job over there etc?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

We supplied documents that showed her address in the states prior to the second interview. At the end of the interview we asked the officer if he needed anything else for evidence and he just kept saying he would review the file. He hasn't and didn't give us a final decision and hasn't asked for more evidence. He said it would be a few weeks but still nothing yet.

Timeline

he took my Passport and i don`t know what can i do now iam just wait and my Visa not Update and i mail Embassy they told me Still Review i don`t know how long it will be Really

This Visa have expedite request too from Nvc and no one Feel and very slow !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

My husband and I been through it in Egypt, all you can do is email them and make calls.I emailed almost everyday :wacko: . It could take weeks or even months :clock: . Pray and keep busy :thumbs: Good Luck

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Just an address- especially if it is a family address, and not a place she owns/ rents, is not going to cut it. She needs more proof that she is returning and staying in the USA.

Is that what the second interview was about, the residency?

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

So her past 2 years federal taxes with this address, the AOS as a joint sponsor from her family member and a signed, notarized letter from the family member saying we will live there is not enough?

Timeline

It doesn't look like it, if you got a second interview and still no decision.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Your wife (the USC) could try contacting the embassy, asking for an update, and explaining what the emergency situation is that got you the expedite. It can't hurt.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.