Done526

Please Clarify pre-interview VAC/Med Exam(What to Bring) & Fee Payment Dom. Republic

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Help me please> i just made the appointment (July 10th at 3 pm at the VAC for my wife to have her fingerprints and photos. taken, Can you please tell me what she needs to bring with her to do so. She will be going by herself as i will not be able to come there until the embassy interview on Aug. 11th. I called the embassy to ask what she needs to bring with her for the VAC appointment and they said she must bring everything that we need to bring for the embassy interview- Her Passport, Cedula(National ID), Birth Certificate, Marriage License, Evidence of relationship, Police Certificate, and proof of ecomomic solvency. Can this possibly be true that she needs all this. Some of these Items I have the originals for and some my wife has and we were planning to organize them togather when I arrive a few days before the Embassy Interview. Does she really need these just to get her pre-interview fingerprints and photos at the VAC?? Her appointment for the VAC is 3pm on July 10th and we were hoping to have her go for the medical exam 1st this in the morning on that same day/ . Can you also please list what does my wife need to bring with her for the medical exam also. Megandeli, ilovemyman and others who recently went through this process if you can spell this out for me (like you would for a child- which I am starting to feel like at this point), I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!

Edited by skyxchef

Help me please> i just made the appointment (July 10th at 3 pm at the VAC for my wife to have her fingerprints and photos. taken, Can you please tell me what she needs to bring with her to do so. She will be going by herself as i will not be able to come there until the embassy interview on Aug. 11th. I called the embassy to ask what she needs to bring with her for the VAC appointment and they said she must bring everything that we need to bring for the embassy interview- Her Passport, Cedula(National ID), Birth Certificate, Marriage License, Evidence of relationship, Police Certificate, and proof of ecomomic solvency. Can this possibly be true that she needs all this. Some of these Items I have the originals for and some my wife has and we were planning to organize them togather when I arrive a few days before the Embassy Interview. Does she really need these just to get her pre-interview fingerprints and photos at the VAC?? Her appointment for the VAC is 3pm on July 10th and we were hoping to have her go for the medical exam 1st this in the morning on that same day/ . Can you also please list what does my wife need to bring with her for the medical exam also. Megandeli, ilovemyman and others who recently went through this process if you can spell this out for me (like you would for a child- which I am starting to feel like at this point), I would be so grateful. Thank you so much!

Hi, i´ll tell you my husbands experience.

He paid around 290 us for the medical, he went two weeks prior to the interview and brung the interview letter, passport, 5 photos, cedula and no cellphone.

for the vac apptmnt you can schedule that online for her and she would have to bring interview letter, passport, ds260 or 160 confirmation, cedula,no money required.

It´s best if she does the medical and vac the same day, medical in the morning, she should be there by 6am the latest and vac 3pm. I think your all set.

i

Hi, i´ll tell you my husbands experience.

He paid around 290 us for the medical, he went two weeks prior to the interview and brung the interview letter, passport, 5 photos, cedula and no cellphone.

for the vac apptmnt you can schedule that online for her and she would have to bring interview letter, passport, ds260 or 160 confirmation, cedula,no money required.

It´s best if she does the medical and vac the same day, medical in the morning, she should be there by 6am the latest and vac 3pm. I think your all set.

i

Agree!

Also, She must go alone, she can't go with any one to the medical. She can take her cell phone and there is a locker where she can place her phone in.(It's free) At the VAC she can go with someone but they would have to wait outside (there is a little bar where they can sit as they wait for her)

12/25/2013 - Officially became a couple

10/27/2014 - Married :wub:
12/26/2014 - Wedding Ceremony
02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
05/11/2015- NVC Received, Request for 2nd expedite
05/18/2015- Case Number assigned
05/27/2015- NVC/Embassy approved expedite request
05/29/2015- Case sent to Embassy
06/05/2015- Medical
06/08/2015- Vac Appointment
06/18/2015- Interview (APPROVED!!)
06/30/2015- Visa Issued!!! :dancing: :joy:
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

Agree!

Also, She must go alone, she can't go with any one to the medical. She can take her cell phone and there is a locker where she can place her phone in.(It's free) At the VAC she can go with someone but they would have to wait outside (there is a little bar where they can sit as they wait for her)

Thank you and Congrats on getting your visa issued!! BTW when do I pay for the interview and for the visa? How much are they and is there anything else that we have to pay for ahead of time.

Agree!

Thank you and Congrats on getting your visa issued!! BTW when do I pay for the interview and for the visa? How much are they and is there anything else that we have to pay for ahead of time.

I see that

I did pay the interview fee back pefore sending my IV and AOS packet to NVC.

Hello skyxchef. My wife and I recently went through all of this just a couple of weeks ago. My wife lives 3 hours away from Santo Domingo so she took the bus the evening before and stayed with a relative. Our CITA was scheduled June 22nd so my wife went to the VAC at 7:30am on June 5th (two weeks before cita). She used a locker for her purse, etc. It took 25 minutes for photos and fingerprints for her and my daughters. She needed her cedula, passport (they place a stamp on the passport at the VAC that is needed for the embassy), a copy of the confirmation page of the DS-260 from online (mandatory...no way around not having this...my wife said folks were turned away if they did not have this). Since my daughters were with her, she also needed copies of their birth certificates along with their DS-260's. After the VAC appointment, she went to the medical exam. There are now two locations for medical exams, 1) Consultorios de Visa, www.consultoriosdevisa.com, located in Santo Domingo, on Avenida Independencia 254, corner with Danae street, sector de Gazcue, and 2) Servicios Médicos Consulares, www.smc.net.do, located in Santo Domingo, on Calle Bohechio # 17, Sector Bella Vista. Both are listed on the embassy website. We chose the 2nd one because it is newer and we thought not many people knew about it. Everyone still goes to the old location because that is what everyone had done before. Lucky for my wife & daughters!!! They arrived for the medical exam around 8:30am and all 3 were done by 11am. At this location, you do not need to bring photos, they take the photos onsite as a part of the exam cost. Only needed cedula, passport, copy of cita letter (and if kids, you need copy of their birth certificate along with their cita letters). Also, children always need a special TB test in the arm (adults get a chest xray for TB) so my wife had to return two days later so the doctors could confirm that their TB test were ok (of course they were). Medical exam with vaccinations were $289...always best to have a few dollars extra just in case. And payment is dollars (preferred) and pesos. Wife said one woman had to have her husband wire her money because she did not have enough while she waited for her exam. Also, they will do the vaccinations regardless of proof of prior vaccination because they say the US does not trust the quality of the prior vaccinations. I think it is just a ploy get money but oh well...seems to be a lot of that in this process! LOL!!! But upon completion of the medical exams, they received a sealed envelope for the consular to open. Do not open this envelope.

Then it is just a matter of waiting and preparing for your interview. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps.

I did pay the interview fee back pefore sending my IV and AOS packet to NVC.

Thank you!! :)

If you paid the IV and AOS then you do not need to pay at time of interview. Just the medical. Also, she doesn't have to fast, in fact I suggest for her to eat before she goes to do Medical.

12/25/2013 - Officially became a couple

10/27/2014 - Married :wub:
12/26/2014 - Wedding Ceremony
02/20/2015 - NOA1
05/05/2015- NOA2
05/11/2015- NVC Received, Request for 2nd expedite
05/18/2015- Case Number assigned
05/27/2015- NVC/Embassy approved expedite request
05/29/2015- Case sent to Embassy
06/05/2015- Medical
06/08/2015- Vac Appointment
06/18/2015- Interview (APPROVED!!)
06/30/2015- Visa Issued!!! :dancing: :joy:
07/06/2015- Visa in hand
07/08/2015- POE (Miami)
07/18/2015- SS received

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All, I have a few questions im hoping to get help with. Im so confused at this point and things are even harder due to the fact that my Fiance is employed in the Bahamas and has to fly "home" for all of this. Needless to say we want to be sure our ducks are in a row since we are both flying there for the interview.

Is the OFC appointment the same as what I see referred to as the VAC appointment?

How do you schedule your medical appointment? I went to the 2 medical places to choose from and it is all in Spanish and my fiance does not have a computer to translate it for me..

When should I expect the Packet 4 in the mail? and will he get one too?

What is a CITA?

Also can you recommend a hotel close to the interview site to stay in?

I already paid the fee to schedule the interview at the Banco Popular. What money does he need to take to the OFC appointment and what money to the medical appointment? Is there any fees the day of the interview?

Sorry so many questions but I dont want to miss anything or make any mistakes. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.