vermont77

Pay a $265 fee on top of what I paid the usa?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Another fee to remember is Removal of Conditions after two years :) can't remember the fee amount, but yay for more forms and immigration processiWhen

When we pay taxes we are already paying to be Americans. That is why when we want our spouses or fiancés to come over. it should be considered we have paid it forward. Every government is crooked no matter how you slice and dice it. Just some countries are more open about their thievery. I actually have more respect for those countries who openly do it then to be lied to about it :) BUT anytime you want something badly. it is capitalized upon. a certificate for this a paper for that... lets charge for it and charge big... see how bad they want it. They will get the money somehow or suffer for it.... So yes you will pay the a 265 fee on top of that and another on top of that and on top again before its all over. be prepared.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The USCIS is mainly funded by the petition fees, not taxes. So, how would you have them pay for the facilities and workers if no one had to pay a fee to submit a petition? Lucky you are filing within the last 5 years. The fee for the I-129F went down from $455 to $340 back in Nov. 2010.

The $265 visa processing fee is what the Dept. of State charges someone abroad to apply for a K-1 visa. Different US visa applications have different fees. Consulate workers, background checks/biometrics, and visa production/printing don't happen for free either.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When we pay taxes we are already paying to be Americans. That is why when we want our spouses or fiancés to come over. it should be considered we have paid it forward. Every government is crooked no matter how you slice and dice it. Just some countries are more open about their thievery. I actually have more respect for those countries who openly do it then to be lied to about it :) BUT anytime you want something badly. it is capitalized upon. a certificate for this a paper for that... lets charge for it and charge big... see how bad they want it. They will get the money somehow or suffer for it.... So yes you will pay the a 265 fee on top of that and another on top of that and on top again before its all over. be prepared.

My brain can't even process what you said or how it relates to my message lol

I only meant to point out that the process isn't over once the visa issued or even after AOS. It's very whelming sometimes all the fees and hoops we have to jump through. I get why they are in place for sure and I don't disagree with them. It is definitely worth every penny and tear. But man will I be relieved when it's all settled.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The USCIS is mainly funded by the petition fees, not taxes. So, how would you have them pay for the facilities and workers if no one had to pay a fee to submit a petition? Lucky you are filing within the last 5 years. The fee for the I-129F went down from $455 to $340 back in Nov. 2010.

The $265 visa processing fee is what the Dept. of State charges someone abroad to apply for a K-1 visa. Different US visa applications have different fees. Consulate workers, background checks/biometrics, and visa production/printing don't happen for free either.

Understood. I would pay whatever it took to get my fiancé here with me and wait for however long. I am however entitled to my opinion and to answer the question for the OP. yes it is on top of the fee paid to USCIS and as to make him aware that there are continuous fees for each step in the process. These fees are not applicable to those who choose to be married here so why couldnt they make it nearly affordable to marry someone abroad. Just saying. Luckily I am able to afford it but what if someone were not. Does that mean they can not be with who they love. Just saying. Even for me it gets to be overwhelming at times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Another fee to remember is Removal of Conditions after two years :) can't remember the fee amount, but yay for more forms and immigration processing....

$640

Yes that is the American economy. Th Capitalist Economy (Also a possible question in the naturalization interview)

As a nation it is applied to EVERYTHING.

Thank you, goodnight and may your gods go with you",

Dave Allen.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.