Ctran

Application problem and don't know what to do. Please help

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Okay this is my sister situation. She has file to visa for her finacee in March and til now, she hasn't gotten anywhere with USCIS. She call in may to get her case expedited because she was pregnant and hope have her financee over soon for support when she give birth and for finacial support since she also has two kid and is 6-7 month pregnant those is finacial unstable. The representative told her in May, that if they need any additional information, they would contact her in 1-5 business day. A month pass and she decided to call up to check on her case. They told her they need additional information and told her to wait for the letter that state what they need from her. The letter came home today and all the "additonal information" they request that she submit, she has already submitted when she first apply. When she first apply, she and her finance when to USCIS in Korea to ask what they need to submit and what USCIS neeeded to review the case. She call the USCIS in New York (she is back in NY) and the representative was giving her a hard time, some even hung up on her. She finally got someone to work with her after 3 hour of calling. She question the representative on the reason why she need to resubmit alll the documement again when she has already submit them and stated that there was some document she longer has because she has sent USCIS the original document and for her to get those document such as her court statment of marraige termation, she would need to pay for etc. The representative has told her that they had receive her application but for some reason her document of evident was not with them which is impossible since she has mail everything together. The representative suggest that she make an appointment witht he local office and see if they might have the document. I had made an appointment witht he office but it not until the 14 and she really worry since as mention she is 6-7 month pregnant. She really don't want to have to leave the state to give birth and leave her newly born daughter to her father in another state while she fly back to New york to take care of her other kid and at the moment, she cannot finacially support 3 kids. Can someone please suggest what she can do or who can she call. Thank you

I would reach out to the local congressman or senator to help in her case.

Do you know which number I should call? She doesn't have to get a lawyer does she? As mention, at the moment, she lack the finance to hire a lawyer

P.S I apologize for all the grammar error i made, I type sooo much that I did not want to proof read it. Thank you

Edited by Ctran

Normal pregnancy is not a reason to expedite , she would need to show extra difficulties not encountered by every other pregnant VJ couple.

I don't know, when she first called in May, the represent ask what was her reason of expedite and that was one of the many option he gave her (well I wasn't there that time, that what she told me). And as mention, she is pregnant so she cannot work or get a job since since she due in a couple of month and if her financee can not make it over. Her only option is to fly to korea, give birth there, and leave her daughter to her father and fly back and find a couple since she also has two kid to support. So here reason of expedited is in way due to financial hardship.

Edited by Ctran

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why doesn't her Fiancee send her money, would seem a lot better than paying for air tickets.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Why doesn't her Fiancee send her money, would seem a lot better than paying for air tickets.

He did, but to be honest it not worth it since they take a large percentage of the money. I remember he once sent her 800-900 but by the time it got her, there was only about half left. She told me once why this occur but I forgot, Something abut Korea making you convert the money back and forth. I don't remember to be honest. As mention when she call the guy agree to get her case expedited, but the problem now is that they have lost all her document. When she call, they say they have the application but not her supporting document, which she find it completely strange since she did attach the two together when she mail it. Some document since cannot get again unless she pay for such as her official divorce paper she got from the court with their stamp on and all the work she had to go through with the korean government.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

If she cannot financially support her three kids did she have a co sponsor for the k1? I'm not quite certain how financial hardship works in this situation as the intended immigrant could not work upon arrival anyways.

I not sure, since it not really my case. She mention something about apply for a work visa, if that possible. The main problem at the moment is that USCIS has lost all her supporting evident or at least they claim that they don't have it and don't know where it is. When she call, they basically told her that if she not happy with their decision to request for supporting evident which she had submited all the document they requested but lost, she can just forget about the case or hire a lawyer. She can't afford a lawyer and to get all the document again, she need alot of time and spend some money

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Perhaps encourage your sister to join and tell her story. It's really difficult to offer the proper advice in this situation without all of the details. Her fiancé couldn't just apply for a work visa. Depending on his profession, he would have to qualify under one of the visa categories, receive an offer and their immigration lawyer would deal with it. Sorry that it is difficult to help when we don't know all of the hard facts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are many ways of sending money without in during hefty charges.

Www.xe.com is one.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.